GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Strange how the "best prospect after Bedard" got passed on by 6 teams. Maybe he wasn't after all.

I think it's the Russia-thing. Not that he is Russian, but rather that he signed a contract obligating him to remain in the KHL for several more years. That has to make a front office worry.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I really hope that’s not the case. You need to at least meet with the freakin kid.
95% of all job interviews are a charade and they already know who they're going to pick, they just need to follow the pro-cess for liability reasons

GMMG: "I mean, should they even allow anyone shorter than 6' to play in the NHL? I think we really need to consider updating eligibility requirements. For the good of everyone, especially the 5-footers."

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I have to say I am skeptical on drafting Dragicevic. I feel like the offensive d-man archetype player is somewhat easy to find in recent years and a solid one is always available for a somewhat cheap price like Barrier, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Klingberg, etc. I don't like taking a d-man with such problematic defensive abilities in the 2nd round and would rather take a defenseman who is solid both ways or defensively sound.
I agree with you. Reminds me of merkley. Lots pf points, but lots of goals against. To the extreme, its kinda like karlsson, just worse. I value a vlasic-like player 100 times more than a shattenkirk.

I am hoping they take a flyer on cristall. I know hes small, but so is marchand, johnny hockey, zuccarello, and many others who are all stars. its hard to be an undersized D, but there are many very good NHL undersized forwards, especially on the wing.

he played on a pretty bad team and crushed it leading in everything, including +/- by a mile as one of the youngest players on the team. I see this as a homerun type pick. Could be a star or a zero. A perfect selection in the second round. MG could trade a couple of the later picks to move up 3 spots to grab him first tomorrow.

If not him, then maybe Hrabal? Sharks could use a legit goalie prospect.

I'm OK not selecting D right now. I feel like the sharks really had trouble scoring all year and with cooch aging out and bancer likely gone, along with an aging hertl , they have zero proven top 6 forwards under 30. Thats disasterous. They need to flip karlsson for a package of young prospects and get very deep fast. if they can get cristall, then bystedt, lund, eklund, bordeleau, smith, musty, and cristall make a nice potential future forward group along with complimentary guys like gregor. They will also have tons of cap space once EK65 is gone, so they will be ready to shop for more talent, especially some good veteran D in a year or two.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Good video on Smith

One thing in this video that worries me is the talk about what kind of set up Will Smith needs to succeed. I have seen many people think hes going to need strong linemates that can feed him and make space for him and I just dont know who on the sharks would ever excel at that role and could be put on his wing

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
One thing in this video that worries me is the talk about what kind of set up Will Smith needs to succeed. I have seen many people think hes going to need strong linemates that can feed him and make space for him and I just dont know who on the sharks would ever excel at that role and could be put on his wing

Hertl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad