GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Absolutely love this draft for the Sharks. Of course, that means that Smith and Musty will both bust, because I’m bad, but I couldn’t be happier right now.
The Smith pick (and all the picks until #8) it seems like it's going to be "did we miss out on Michikov?" Other than that, the other top players weren't available.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Smith pick (and all the picks until #8) it seems like it's going to be "did we miss out on Michikov?" Other than that, the other top players weren't available.
I’ve already accepted that Michkov will be better than Smith. My mindset is “given that we won’t take Michkov, who was the best pick?”, and that’s Smith. Will it be a mistake to pass on Michkov? Probably. But my job is not on the line making the pick, so I don’t begrudge Grier.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Trading Karlsson could be a franchise altering move. They should only make a trade if they are certain the trade is the right move. Don't rush it.
Do rush it. Don’t risk a down year next year or him getting injured. Just like Reimer should’ve been traded last year after a hot year and then had a bad year and zero trade value.

Reactions: Sharkz4Fun

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Do rush it. Don’t risk a down year next year or him getting injured. Just like Reimer should’ve been traded last year after a hot year and then had a bad year and zero trade value.
Not rushing it doesn’t mean not trading him this off-season. It just means don’t try and cram it into the 2023 draft when the reality is whoever gets picked in the 20’s and beyond aren’t coming to be impact players until at least 3-4 years.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
To be fair, they didn't miss out on much by holding on to Reimer. The market was pretty weak; IIRC the hypothetical return was a 3rd-round pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I think Karlsson trade will happen later this week if it indeed does happen. Maybe tomorrow when the second round is over and the most important picks are already done.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
A 3rd is better than nothing. The same for Karlsson. A late first is better than a Burns esque return and a 3rd.
They aren't going to get much for him, but it will be MUCH harder to trade him after Saturday, leading to an even worse return probably.

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
For 36, let's see! I feel one of those 3 D would be ideal for us.

Cristall (LW) => Weaker skater
Dragicevic (RD) => playmaker w/ good shot, top 4 projection, weaker skater though
Heidt (C) => another playmaker
#31 Gulyayev (RD) => Greater skater, PP QB
Cagnoni (LD) => Small, but really good stats and eye test. Skating, playmaking and shot.
Brindley (RW) => Undersized, but plays big.
#30 Nadeau (LW) => I feel we got Gushchin already, no need.
Hrabal (G) => We need a G, but our G development has such a bad track record :/ We could probably pick a good G prospect by just trading up into the 3rd round.

Last edited:

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Exactly. The draft is pretty much the deadline to move big contracts. Maybe a team will get desperate after failing to get whoever they wanted during FA, but time is of the essence. If he’s not gone by august, it’s unlikely he gets traded.
They aren't going to get much for him, but it will be MUCH harder to trade him after Saturday, leading to an even worse return probably.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
For 36, let's see! I feel one of those 3 D would be ideal for us.

Cristall (LW) => Weaker skater
Dragicevic (RD) => playmaker w/ good shot, top 4 projection, weaker skater though
Heidt (C) => another playmaker
Gulyayev (RD) => Greater skater, PP QB
Cagnoni (RD) => Small, but really good stats and eye test. Skating, playmaking and shot.
Brindley (RW) => Undersized, but plays big.
Nadeau (LW) => I feel we got Gushchin already, no need.
Hrabal (G) => We need a G, but our G development has such a bad track record :/ We could probably pick a good G prospect by just trading up into the 3rd round.

hoping Gulyayev is available at 36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad