GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
No idea who I want at 26. Unless someone drops or Grier trades up, I’d be fine with trading down. Seems like 20-40 are all pretty comparable. Might as well get more swings

WOW. Was not expecting But to go that high. Was thinking he’d be around for 26.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
here comes another colossal screw up by Arizona.

But would've made 10,000x more sense than Simashev at 6

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
daaaaaaamn. I think he'll end up being the most prolific scorer aside from Michkov this draft.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Will Smith has more points in his USNDT stint this season than Auston Matthews had in his D -1 year and Jack Hughes had in his draft year. So why is Will Smith still going to play a year (or more?) of NCAA? You'd think he wants to sign now and start making NHL money now.
Smith is 1) physically underdeveloped and 2) needs to build pro-habits. The USNTDP typically encourages high-octane offensive players to go absolutely wild in the name of creating offense. I think this is absolutely the right thing to do for 16-17 year old kids (there is evidence that throttling offensive creativity in young kids limits their upside), but he’ll need to refine his play selection, increase his defensive presence, and bulk up physically. One year in the NCAA and a WJC is absolutely the right call. I think he’s probably a one and done, but we’ll see.

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
My ordered list of fav. players left:
Benson, Wood, Cristall, Perreault, Barlow, Heidt, Honzek, Musty, Sale, Dragicevic, Moore, Yager, Ritchie, Sandin-Pellikka

Any of those at #26 please, no going off the board!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Arizona is definitely trying to big brain this. They either messed up real bad or are galaxy brained geniuses.
I think they don't really care or have a choice. Going safe isn't gonna do much for them. They're in such turmoil they may as well go big or go home.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
My ordered list of fav. players left:
Benson, Wood, Cristall, Perreault, Barlow, Heidt, Honzek, Musty, Sale, Dragicevic, Moore, Yager, Ritchie, Sandin-Pellikka

Any of those at #26 please, no going off the board!

#26 feels like a typical Sharks go off the board spot. Cue up the WHO? meme. Might even see a goalie here.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I'm just bummed out that BC isn't playing at either of the colleges near me. One of them (RPI) goes there. Might have to see if I can get in a game at BC if I go see my brother-in-law in Cambridge. Unfortunately no one else in my family gives a f*** about hockey!

Reactions: drunksage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad