GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
At least Smith seems happy to be a Shark. Was a bit worried he wanted to go to Montreal, and would have been upset being drafted here, especially since he could potentially go to BC for 4 years and sign wherever he wants.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
most analysts had him between 6 and 11.
I don't think that's true. I think most had him at 4-6.
1687998134946.png

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Also it seems that Smith is really excited to be picked by us! Come on guys. This is our most promising prospect since Patrick Friggin Marleau (Who btw was the guy who called our pick!). And he seems to be genuinely excited to be a Shark!

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Will Smith has more points in his USNDT stint this season than Auston Matthews had in his D -1 year and Jack Hughes had in his draft year. So why is Will Smith still going to play a year (or more?) of NCAA? You'd think he wants to sign now and start making NHL money now.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Can't decide if these defenders going earlier then expected is good for us because some high end forward could really fall, or bad because we won't have a dman we want left at #26

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Can't decide if these defenders going earlier then expected is good for us because some high end forward could really fall, or bad because we won't have a dman we want left at #26
I think it's a case where it's a deep forward draft and not a ton of high-end D talent.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Will Smith has more points in his USNDT than Auston Matthews had in his D -1 year and Jack Hughes had in his draft year. So why is Will Smith still going to play a year (or more?) of NCAA? You'd think he wants to sign now and start making NHL money now.
I think it is sensible move to play one more year at NCAA. Jack Hughes was not quite NHL-ready in his rookie year and NCAA is very good place to develop Smith's game as his game is not yet NHL-ready either. It is also super fun to experience university student life so that too.

Reactions: ChompChomp

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Hes
Will Smith has more points in his USNDT stint this season than Auston Matthews had in his D -1 year and Jack Hughes had in his draft year. So why is Will Smith still going to play a year (or more?) of NCAA? You'd think he wants to sign now and start making NHL money now.
He's going to dev camp. Maybe he changes his mind

Reactions: ChompChomp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad