2023 NHL Entry Draft Discussion - Draft Lottery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Egor Sidorov?

i was hyping Andrew Gibson a few months ago as a potential 2nd 3rd rounder but with no 2nd i highly doubt he would be available now given his showing for Canada. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go 1st round as a project with big upside. Would run to the mic for that in the 3rd

Allen and Bertucci if they fall to that range could be solid picks. Bertucci has some interesting tools that could blossom with a nice physical package.

Juraj Pekarcic would be a decent late round gamble

Edstrom Wahlberg Nilsson and Molgaard will probably all be long gone by our 3rd. I'm not sure Nillsons game will translate that well.

Sidorov is definitely an interesting guy. Big-time finisher who will go artificially low because he’s an overager.

Tommaso De Luca is an interesting WHL guy as well. Points don’t look impressive but he scored a ton of ES points (more than Yager or Danielson) for a godawful team and is a natural C who is very solid defensively (note his goal differentials relative to the team around him while playing high-leverage minutes). Has really nice hands and stickhandling and to me looks like very good value where he’s rated 4th-5th round.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
"Should the Cats pull off an upset for the ages and advance further into the playoffs, the Islanders’ pick would drop to the 17th overall selection. But with such an outcome pretty unlikely, the package Patrik Allvin gave up to Wings GM Steve Yzerman for Hronek will probably solidify as the 18th and 43rd overall selections, in a draft experts are calling one of the deepest in recent memory."

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
"Should the Cats pull off an upset for the ages and advance further into the playoffs, the Islanders’ pick would drop to the 17th overall selection. But with such an outcome pretty unlikely, the package Patrik Allvin gave up to Wings GM Steve Yzerman for Hronek will probably solidify as the 18th and 43rd overall selections, in a draft experts are calling one of the deepest in recent memory."

It’s fine, watching Boston crash out is more satisfying

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
My board has changed just a little bit, nothing major, but there has been some movement.

I’ll post my final rankings after the tournament

Reactions: Play

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
After seeing the U18s I think it may be best if we trade down or try and move up for Dvorsky. He was my top target at 8-11 and I dont think he makes it past 7 now. I think the top 9 is clearly

Bedard
Carlsson
Michkov
Fantilli
Dvorsky
Benson
Smith
Wood
Sale

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
After seeing the U18s I think it may be best if we trade down or try and move up for Dvorsky. He was my top target at 8-11 and I dont think he makes it past 7 now. I think the top 9 is clearly

Bedard
Carlsson
Michkov
Fantilli
Dvorsky
Benson
Smith
Wood
Sale
If Benson, Wood, and Sale all go before our pick I would be very happy. Leaves us with Reinbacher or Moore

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Tom Willander is definitely moving up my personal rankings. Looks like a good bet to be a two way Top 4 guy which we could badly use.

If Gradin comes to the table demanding we take him I have no problem taking him at 11.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Bedard
Carlsson
Michkov
Fantilli
Dvorsky
Benson
Smith
Wood
Sale
I don’t think your top nine is even remotely close to being clear.

But who knows in the future

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
You guys are throwing out too many names. Just stop researching and make the BPA pick and consensus pick...

Which is Connor Bedard.

(This franchise is winning the draft lottery. I called the Kalynuck deal and I am making this prediction.)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This is the type of draft you want to have 2 firsts and a high 2nd. If there was only some way we could have made that happen? Fxxx

Regardless the top12 represents a big opportunity to add a very important core piece. So loaded in the top15 IMO

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Sandin Pellikka with a dominant game. Would kill for him to be there at 11 but probably gone by then.

Wood was a monster in Canada win.

Theres going to be a stud no matter what at 11 for us.

Bedard
Carlsson
Fantilli
Michkov
Reinbacher
Sandin Pellikka
Smith
Leonard
Benson
Moore
Dvorsky
Wood
Danielson
Sale

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
What an embarrassment IIHF refereeing is

This is what the game is coming to

Anorak News | The Greatest Football Dives Ever: Gifs To Entertain

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Glad the US got it fuxx that diving BS. Great game other than that smear attempt

Leonard to me looks like he could transition to C. A really good heads up playmaker almost better than his shooting to be honest...... could be a two way beast down the middle.

Congrats USA great comeback

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We're coming down to it now--draft lottery is one week from this Monday.

I don't know what it is......false hope maybe. But I just feel better about the Canucks actually moving up in the draft since they'll likely have Allvin in the audience instead of Benning.

Just looking at Jimbo in the draft lottery studio always gave you a sinking feeling.

Reactions: VancouverJagger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad