The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The interesting part for me is that some of the potential buyout candidates have also been guys that Sabres fans and media have speculated as potential trade targets like JG Pageau.
Well that's okay, JGP used to be a good 3C, but not everyone knew (including me) that he recently fell off a cliff.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This is expected. Are there any players there that might be interesting?

This is the list:

Sheary - Lightning
Campbell - Oilers
Petersen - Flyers
Atkinson - Flyers
Dubois - Kings
Grubauer - Kraken
Korpisalo - Senators
Trouba - Rangers
Goodrow - Rangers
Holl - Red Wings
Pageau - Islanders
Schmidt - Jets

On that list if they do get bought out I'd be interested in cheap contracts for maybe Goodrow, Pageau, or Schmidt - but they would have to be cheap and short and no NMC's.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
This is the list:

Sheary - Lightning
Campbell - Oilers
Petersen - Flyers
Atkinson - Flyers
Dubois - Kings
Grubauer - Kraken
Korpisalo - Senators
Trouba - Rangers
Goodrow - Rangers
Holl - Red Wings
Pageau - Islanders
Schmidt - Jets

On that list if they do get bought out I'd be interested in cheap contracts for maybe Goodrow, Pageau, or Schmidt - but they would have to be cheap and short and no NMC's.
To be honest, I'm not sure that any of them would be interesting, even Goodrow.

download-5.png

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This is the list:

Sheary - Lightning
Campbell - Oilers
Petersen - Flyers
Atkinson - Flyers
Dubois - Kings
Grubauer - Kraken
Korpisalo - Senators
Trouba - Rangers
Goodrow - Rangers
Holl - Red Wings
Pageau - Islanders
Schmidt - Jets

Out of those: (and only if they’re bought out and they sign for cheap) I like Atkinson (when he can stay healthy) Trouba and Goodrow.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Some people watch hockey, some people write about hockey. All of them are astoundingly bad at trade proposals. Death, taxes, and bad proposals from hockey writers.
I'm looking forward to Baker and Fairburn's next video on trades. I really like their first one video about UFA.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Why do so many ppl want Brady ? He’s a pssy who hits guys when they’re down. Not a real tough guy and for someone so hyped you’d think he’d be better offensively

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
I can kinda sorta see the Ehlers one. The Ostlund + for Nick Roy is a big nonstarter to me
I like Ehlers too. But he's a little too more of the same to the wingers we already have in the top 6 and that are coming up the pipeline. He's just fully developed. We need someone who will go hard to the net, work the boards hard, and play with a little stink.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
When Drury first took over I questioned his direction and the players he was acquiring. Looking now, we have the playoff Rangers to lens his choices through. Not so much Wilson over-reaction and more of culture change overall. Perhaps they are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: joshjull

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
When Drury first took over I questioned his direction and the players he was acquiring. Looking now, we have the playoff Rangers to lens his choices through. Not so much Wilson over-reaction and more of culture change overall. Perhaps they are not mutually exclusive.

It will be interesting to see what happens because a lot of their best players are over 30 and they've had some big misses on their draft picks. They're lucky Alexis Lafrenière is finally turning into something.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
It will be interesting to see what happens because a lot of their best players are over 30 and they've had some big misses on their draft picks. They're lucky Alexis Lafrenière is finally turning into something.
Agreed on AL. He had a decent coming out party in the playoffs. Happy for him.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I really like Ehlers - I think he would really blossom with a team like Buffalo. I'd certainly entertain bringing him in. He is a true top 6 winger with playoff experience. I think I'd look at a prospect + pick situation to bring him in.

For the Roy proposal, I find it to be too much. Ostlund is a B+ prospect who I think is a year away. True center as well.

Marino makes no sense to me

Joker trade I understand

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Ottawa isn't trading their young captain to a division rival.
And the Sabres were never bringing back Ted Nolan or hiring a soccer coach. Bills were never trading diggs. Eichel was going to be a Sabre forever.

Amazing how you can stare something in the face and have it be forever just out reach.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I like nik ehlers, and even though he’s not like, the missing piece. I would be beyond excited if the Sabres landed him.

Reactions: jc17

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4