2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I admit I haven’t seen him, but these stats are from a video game.

Any reason he’s ranked mid 20s by most scouting services?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I admit I haven’t seen him, but these stats are from a video game.

Any reason he’s ranked mid 20s by most scouting services?

As I said on the prior page:

A: he’s 5’11, 165 pounds. B: he’s playing for the US despite being born in Canada. C: they probably think his game won’t transfer. But if we can draft him with our 2nd round pick, I’m on board.

Most of it is C, with some of A thrown in.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Gabe Perreault has 15 points in 4 games at the U18. He is tied with Smith for the team lead.

As I said on the prior page:

A: he’s 5’11, 165 pounds. B: he’s playing for the US despite being born in Canada. C: they probably think his game won’t transfer. But if we can draft him with our 2nd round pick, I’m on board.

Most of it is C, with some of A thrown in.
He broke Austin Mattews record too in the USNTDP

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Gabe Perreault has 15 points in 4 games at the U18. He is tied with Smith for the team lead.

He broke Austin Mattews record too in the USNTDP

I know. I wouldn’t draft him in the 1st, unless I had another late 1st, but I’d take him later on. He’ll be another DeBrincat or Gaudreau, but his size will hold him back in the draft.

Most GMs haven’t caught up to the “speed” part of the game yet, so he’ll drop. If he’s there with Buffalo’s 2nd, you draft him.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know. I wouldn’t draft him in the 1st, unless I had another late 1st, but I’d take him later on. He’ll be another DeBrincat or Gaudreau, but his size will hold him back in the draft.

Most GMs haven’t caught up to the “speed” part of the game yet, so he’ll drop. If he’s there with Buffalo’s 2nd, you draft him.

Depending on what else is on the board.......if we snag him with Philly's 2nd, I won't be upset at all.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Depending on what else is on the board.......if we snag him with Philly's 2nd, I won't be upset at all.

I’m kinda hoping it goes Reinbacher/Leonard, Bonk/Stramel (Philly pick), Perreault for the 1st three picks.

I’ll settle for at least one of them being picked, assuming the opportunity to draft them is there.

Otherwise I’ll burn down the yacht.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’m kinda hoping it goes Reinbacher/Leonard, Bonk/Stramel (Philly pick), Perreault for the 1st three picks.

I’ll settle for at least one of them being picked, assuming the opportunity to draft them is there.

Otherwise I’ll burn down the yacht.

I'm very much assuming that Reinbacher and Leonard are both way gone by the time 13 comes around. I could see them both being gone by 10....or even 8.

Reactions: Chainshot

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'm very much assuming that Reinbacher and Leonard are both way gone by the time 13 comes around. I could see them both being gone by 10....or even 8.

I am too. Just my preferred picks. As I said I’d be happy with 1 of them if they’re available then. I can’t complain if the option isn’t there at all.

Or I could because AdAmS sUcKs!1!1one

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

If he is as good as his dad on faceoffs draft him! :laugh:

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Nope Moore will be long gone before Buffalo picks
Looks like it but someone has to be there. And let's not count out some GM reaching for a defenseman or 6'4" dude just because Lol

I think Moore is a guy that could be around, Gabe could be around, Leonard will be gone, Rein gone, ASP maybe but annoying if he's BPA. But who knows, you could have a Cristall or Sale or Dvorsky or Yager drop so those previous spots could be filled up with guys we're hoping for. Fortunately there's always a head scratcher or two in the top 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Navy Goat

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
So I assume a target is this Willander kid? Read on the prospect forum he's a Stralman type, steady, RD. Sounds extremely ideal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So I assume a target is this Willander kid? Read on the prospect forum he's a Stralman type, steady, RD. Sounds extremely ideal.

He was one of my list with the Flyers pick but with a strong U18, he probably pushes into the 1st round now.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
As long as they don’t take Cristall…I’m pretty much in a “whatever” space at 13. I’m not that excited by this draft after the very top. I’m not all about the Sandin Pellikka idea either but at least it’s something that could work. I don’t have a guy that could be there that I like much more than guys who will be. Last year I fell in love with two prospects and they drafted both of them. Maybe I will fall in love with an idea that could be there at 13…but mostly I just don’t want Cristall.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
As long as they don’t take Cristall…I’m pretty much in a “whatever” space at 13. I’m not that excited by this draft after the very top. I’m not all about the Sandin Pellikka idea either but at least it’s something that could work. I don’t have a guy that could be there that I like much more than guys who will be. Last year I fell in love with two prospects and they drafted both of them. Maybe I will fall in love with an idea that could be there at 13…but mostly I just don’t want Cristall.
I hear ya. He'll slide me thinks but pretty talented kid. I guess for every Lambert or Kaliyev there's a Ho Sang.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jacob calls his little brother a “special player” and says he’s got “skill you can’t teach.”

And according to Brian Galivan, the national program’s director of sports science and strength and conditioning coach, he’s got even more runway than his peers to reach an entirely different level than the one he’s already at.

On top of being the national team’s most productive player, Gabe might also be one of its most improved — on the ice, where he’s gotten faster and has been able to maximize his natural talent, and off of it, where he has made huge gains beginning to fill out a wiry frame.

“Off the ice is huge for me (and) I think I got a lot bigger over last year and the summer too,” Gabe said. “I think my speed has improved a lot, I’ve got a lot more time and space and confidence this year.”
When he arrived at the program less than two years ago, he was between 130 and 140 pounds. Today, the 5-foot-11 winger is listed at 165 pounds. Galivan says he has added 27 pounds of lean mass — “that’s a lot of weight” — since the start of his under-17 year.

“He really, really bought into the training piece. And for me what that says is he’s really dialled at home. That doesn’t just happen in the gym. You’re making really good decisions at home. And that’s what has impressed me most about Gabe,” Galivan said. “Gabe is a lot stronger pound for pound than he looks. He obviously has more room to grow but he has definitely maximized his time in his last two years at the NTDP.”

If you ask his big brother, he has come further in the gym and off the ice than you could believe. Growing up, Jacob was always a “pretty big kid.” He has had to work to slim down to find his NHL playing weight. Gabe, he says, has done the opposite. He was always a “really skinny kid.”

“He’s got a different body style than me for sure. I think he might be an inch taller than me now, too. But his build is more like one of those guys who can just eat whatever and not get fat,” Jacob explained. “But the last couple of years he’s been watching what he eats a lot, drinking his shakes and taking his vitamins, and he looks pretty good. You’re still learning the working out stuff in juniors but they do a lot of that at the program and he’s just going to get quicker and stronger from here on out.”

Luckily for Gabe, his in-season training with Galivan at GVN in Michigan is also carried over by his brother Pat, who runs the original Chicago outfit of GVN, in the summers as well. And when he hasn’t been in the gym with one of the Galivans over the course of the last two years, he’s been on the ice with people like skills coach Brian Keane, or his dad, both of whom run skates for Jacob, Gabe and their buddies.

A skilled forward who is underdeveloped physically?

Sounds like a guy that the Sabres would like.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

A skilled forward who is underdeveloped physically?

Sounds like a guy that the Sabres would like.

Not for nothing, but there are a bunch of small, slight, offensive players in this draft. It wouldn't surprise me if the first round average height is under 6' this season.

Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad