HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You think Guhle and 5 alone would be enough for 2? I doubt many Ducks fans would think so…
Theres no reasons for them to want Guhle with Mintyukov, Drysdale, Warren, Luneau, Fowler, Zellwegger and Hellesson.

Also Im not sure Id trade Guhle for the 2nd pick alone, adding the 5th and 31st is just terrible.

Not carefully thought out at all.

Also why in the f***ing hell is Montreal trading its best D right now and for the next decade?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
To be fair the Golden Knights literally had ONE player under 6' in their entire top 9 (Marchessault).
And does having two, or heck, even 3! Disqualifies you? Like you have to have a total height of X to make it?

That height obsession is so annoying. We just picked the tallest f***ing asparagus Ive ever seen, Dach is 6'4, Suzuki is a tank, Anderson is like the premier powerforward in the league, or at least, in the mind of Bergevin he is, Dubois is 6'2... Like who cares.

Reactions: ginomini

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To be fair the Golden Knights literally had ONE player under 6' in their entire top 9 (Marchessault).
And he should not have won the award. He was their 4th best forward imo behind Stone, Eichel and Stephenson. Dumb media nerds based the vote entirely on goals scored.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Trading Guhle to move up is dumb IMO. Trading down is the obvious play if you're not completely satisfied with who's left at 5.
I agree. If Habs don't want to take Michkov at 5th and think that Leonard, Benson or Dvorsky are about the same, then it's better to trade down to 7th or 8th.

Drafting Michkov at 8th would be very sweet :)

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Most goals in PO
Most shots taken
Most ES points
Lead PO in +/-
3 gwg

Sure bud

You keep rhyming off stats when he wasn't even the leading point producer on the team and Eichel, Stone and Stephenson made exponentionally larger impacts all over the ice. He had one more point than Stone and Stone is one of the top defensive forwards in the world.

Nobody is saying that he wasn't great just that others were actually better.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I agree. If Habs don't want to take Michkov at 5th and think that Leonard, Benson or Dvorsky are about the same, then it's better to trade down to 7th or 8th.

Drafting Michkov at 8th would be very sweet :)

100%. Getting paid to draft someone like Michkov or Dvorsky is a dream.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
He is not 2 inches taller and 30’pounds heavier. Like Leonard doesnt have the same size than Tkachuk brothers. Like Hutson is 5 ft 8. Size is important and you shouldny compare when a player isnt the size we want. One year, my friend was the best player of the Q at 5ft 6. He was useless in the AHL.
He ended up having a pretty good career anyway centering Pacioretty ;)

Reactions: ginomini

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You keep rhyming off stats when he wasn't even the leading point producer on the team and Eichel, Stone and Stephenson made exponentionally larger impacts all over the ice. He had one more point than Stone and Stone is one of the top defensive forwards in the world.

Nobody is saying that he wasn't great just that others were actually better.
The context of the comment is not just that he won the Conn Smythe, but that he was also a high impact player whose size didn't prevent him from executing his plays even in the playoffs.

I veer on the side of size but it is just one factor in the makeup of a hockey player, as is IQ. Neither should be viewed as exclusively the most important aspect of a player. I felt that Slafkovsky's IQ was critically too low, if someone feels like Bedard, Michkov, or Benson's size is critically too low that is also fair enough -- but I think in the modern NHL there are more examples of successful high-impact players who are on the small-side than there are examples of successful high-impact players who are on the smooth-brain side.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You're not invited to the trade down party anyways.
Sigma Males don't like parties anyway. Or girlfriends.

We're always on the grind, looking to maximize asset strength by acquiring better players for current players to play with -- halo effect. Trading down is a sucker's move. Subscribe for more tips and advice. Make money working from home. $$$

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Sigma Males don't like parties anyway. Or girlfriends.

We're always on the grind, looking to maximize asset strength by acquiring better players for current players to play with -- halo effect. Trading down is a sucker's move. Subscribe for more tips and advice. Make money working from home. $$$

A true sigma would give away the 5th overall pick, so we don't get soft, so we stay hungry and on the #grindset.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
And he was surrounded by giants. He was the only player under 6feet tall on his team. So just stop it.
One of our scouts was on video justifying the Slafkovsky pick to enable this very thing. The Habs' top6 is not huge but does have Dach and Anderson in it; and by the time Benson/Michkov comes along (if we are so lucky) it is expected that Slafkovsky will be up there and hopefully PLD.

A true sigma would give away the 5th overall pick, so we don't get soft, so we stay hungry and on the #grindset.
Little do you know, I was there when Hughes tried to give away the 5OA... below is a transcription:

Kent Hughes (on the phone) to Gary Bettman (in his lair, also on the phone): we don't need the 5th overall pick, we're perfectly happy with Alex Belzile and Rafael Harvey-Pinard.

Gary Bettman: You're making a mockery of the NHL and you WILL have the 5th overall pick. That's final.

Kent Hughes: Oh yeah? I'll make sure to reach for a lower ranked player just to stick it to you. Dvorsky, Leonard, any grinder I can get my hands on. Just to prove I don't need it.

Gary Bettman: You'll rue the day you crossed me Hughes.

Chilling stuff, massive Sigma energy.

• Haha
Reactions: Kent Nilsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad