HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Seems like the new flavor of the week is... Zach Benson!

- First it was Smith vs. Benson
- Then after U18 it was Smith
- Then when it looked like Smith would not be available, it was Michkov rah rah rah
- When it looked like Michkov was a no-draft, it was Leonard
- Now it's back to Benson!

Of course we still have the rah rah rah about Michkov though...

Can't wait for the next bandwagon!
Dvorsky...

Would you guys trade 5, 31 and Guhle for pick 2/Fantilli?
Oui.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
How? With what cash does he buy out his last few seasons?
He would make multiple times the remainder of his KHL contract in the first year of his NHL ELC. But what I was actually getting at was that I don't think he would even have to. Ovechkin has a significant amount of sway in the Russian hockey community and I think SKA would let him come over.

Reactions: badfish

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He would make multiple times the remainder of his KHL contract in the first year of his NHL ELC. But what I was actually getting at was that I don't think he would even have to. Ovechkin has a significant amount of sway in the Russian hockey community and I think SKA would let him come over.
But he has to buy it out before he joins the NHL. And the NHL team can't be the one to take care of the bill. It has to come from his pockets.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
But he has to buy it out before he joins the NHL. And the NHL team can't be the one to take care of the bill. It has to come from his pockets.
Not if SKA just releases him from his contract. Or Ovechkin makes a "personal gift" of the 600,000 usd or whatever it ends up being. Take out a loan and pay it back after your first signing bonus lol. There's a bunch of ways. He's been playing pro for a bit already and he will have huge endorsements.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Bradley Nadeau sounds quite intriguing.. could he be the big sleeper in that 1st round ?

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
it's getting out of control, the proposals I'm reading are some of the worst I've seen in almost 20 years on this board lol
We have a nice prospect pool and many young NHLers, I like the foundation already. This year, just draft the best player you can at 5 and call it a day. Don't galaxy-brain it. Just add quality to a good thing, instead of uselessly mixing it up for the sake of it.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
You mean hockey playoffs aren't a skills competition? And the draft isn't a hockey pool?

I swear many here must not watch the NHL playoffs and have no idea how the game changes. We got our Michkov 15th overall in 2019.

I mean...I'll be totally fine if we do take him as I know Habs brass are doing their due diligence but he's nowhere close to Bedard and has some question marks. I can't get over how many are acting as if a small average skating one dimensional player that they haven't watched play in 18 months is a must draft at #5. If he was such a can't miss prospect, he'd be taken at #2.

Lol there's no such thing as having too many Michkov's. So even if I agreed that we "got our Michkov at 15th overall in 2019" it's a nonsensical reason to not draft Michkov this year. I love caufield but he isn't Michkov.

You will look back on these comments in a few years with a bit of embarassment is my prediction. Michkov will be a PPG player in the KHL as soon as next year is my prediction if he stays at Sochi.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Lol there's no such thing as having too many Michkov's. So even if I agreed that we "got our Michkov at 15th overall in 2019" it's a nonsensical reason to not draft Michkov this year. I love caufield but he isn't Michkov.

You will look back on these comments in a few years with a bit of embarassment is my prediction. Michkov will be a PPG player in the KHL as soon as next year is my prediction if he stays at Sochi.
NHL playoffs are nasty. There's no fighting in them anymore but the speed, physical punishment and battling for space are higher than ever. The physical Dmen can all skate now. The Leafs have several elite talents and finish near the top of the league every year but crumble every year in the playoffs.

There's no reason to "not draft Michkov". There are many reasons however to select another player in our early draft slot. Many of the reasons are not hockey related.

I always thought Michkov and Caufield were very similar. Several scouts of NHL teams are quoted as making the same comparison in the HP Black Book. That's not a knock on Michkov as Caufield is a perennial 40 goal scorer who has had terrific development trajectory since he was drafted.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
NHL playoffs are nasty. There's no fighting in them anymore but the speed, physical punishment and battling for space are higher than ever. The physical Dmen can all skate now. The Leafs have several elite talents and finish near the top of the league every year but crumble every year in the playoffs.

There's no reason to "not draft Michkov". There are many reasons however to select another player in our early draft slot. Many of the reasons are not hockey related.

I always thought Michkov and Caufield were very similar. Several scouts of NHL teams are quoted as making the same comparison in the HP Black Book. That's not a knock on Michkov as Caufield is a perennial 40 goal scorer who has had terrific development trajectory since he was drafted.
A guy smaller than Michkov just won the Conn Smythe, just stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad