Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
From Arpon Basu and Marc ANtoine Godin this morning:

1) Mitchkov likely slips outside the top 10
2) Top 4 is likely to be Bedard - Fantilli - Carlson - Smith
3) Habs value elite level compete

They believe the choice will come down to Leonard vs Reinbacher. Both seen to have Elite Level Compete, specially Leonard and future leaders come playoff time. Here is a particular quote from a very long article:

In the gold medal game, with the U.S. down a man in the first minute of overtime, Leonard was killing the penalty when Swedish defenceman Theo Lindstein took a shot from the high slot. Leonard got down on one knee, blocked the shot with his left foot or leg and immediately took off after the puck, getting an excellent chance to end the game.

When he returned to the bench, the leg was in bad shape. He thought he might have to sit for a bit to let the pain subside. He was back on the ice the very next shift. And he scored the golden goal.
It's the Habs way, all GM's / head scouts of the past 30 years. Not surprised. They like bulls.

Edit: There is so much content on Leonard that it's impossible for it to be a coincidence. They are leaking their interest and the journalists are building a picture of who is likely coming.

Last edited:

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

They believe the choice will come down to Leonard vs Reinbacher. Both seen to have Elite Level Compete, specially Leonard and future leaders come playoff time. Here is a particular quote from a very long article:

In the gold medal game, with the U.S. down a man in the first minute of overtime, Leonard was killing the penalty when Swedish defenceman Theo Lindstein took a shot from the high slot. Leonard got down on one knee, blocked the shot with his left foot or leg and immediately took off after the puck, getting an excellent chance to end the game.

When he returned to the bench, the leg was in bad shape. He thought he might have to sit for a bit to let the pain subside. He was back on the ice the very next shift. And he scored the golden goal.
If they highly value compete level then I'd imagine Benson should also be getting heavy consideration.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

Let's hope it's empty talk. Any team passing on Michkov after the 4th pick should not manage a NHL team.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Why after 4? Shouldn't you feel the same at 4?

If you're going to hold such an extreme position.. what is it about Will Smith that makes him a valid option to pass on Michkov for?
Michkov should go 2nd but I understand the politics behind why he could (will) slip. Fantilli and Carlsson are the only two players you could argue would make a similar impact in the NHL in term of production/importance.

If Michkov is gone before 5th, my pick is probably Leonard. Smith is not in that top 4 discussion.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Michkov should go 2nd but I understand the politics behind why he could (will) slip. Fantilli and Carlsson are the only two players you could argue would make a similar impact in the NHL in term of production/importance.

If Michkov is gone before 5th, my pick is probably Leonard. Smith is not in that top 4 discussion.

So if San Jose passes on Michkov and then Montreal does it at 5, that's now two front offices that shouldn't manage a NHL team.

Then Arizona doesn't do it.

And then Philadelphia passes.

Do we then submit that maybe it's not an easy call? That either the player, the situation, a combination of both, has more elements to consider than what we've been subjected to?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
So if San Jose passes on Michkov and then Montreal does it at 5, that's now two front offices that shouldn't manage a NHL team.

Then Arizona doesn't do it.

And then Philadelphia passes.

Do we then submit that maybe it's not an easy call? That either the player, the situation, a combination of both, has more elements to consider than what we've been subjected to?
I'd say regardless of what they do, Arizona and Philadelphia's front offices shouldn't manage NHL teams.

This would just add credence to it :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ok, while you yahoo's can't get away from Tkachuk talk for like the 3 millionth time, :sarcasm: Suzuki and Guhle are going to be at the draft. Also, Suzuki is down to bring Michkov to Montreal.

View attachment 712333
I love this kid. I really hope he keeps developing and improving so that there is no doubt he is a no.1 C.

He loves being a hockey player, and a Hab. Sticks around the city, goes to events, enjoys talking to the equipment manager and hearing about the Ghosts, and hockey history in general. He is humble, grounded and strikes me as a serious young man.

I get annoyed seeing him in trade proposals. He's a keeper.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think the plan would still be Slaf with them, giving them a left shot one-timer option.

Farrell or Roy with Dach/Leonard would be excellent.
They will options that’s for sure and we could add 31 if they draft a forward

I just think Leonard is the exact type of player that those guys need. Even more then Slaf

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Okay so the honeymoon is over between me and HUGO.

HUGO have highlighted skill as most important. So now elite character as opposed to ELITE SKILL. Here we go again ? Same draft crap we had with Houle, Gainey and Bergevin ?
Ř
It's not that Leonard doesn't look like a good player. So at 10 maybe nice, but at 5 in this years draft ? And at 1 and 5 for 2 years no Cs or dynamic players ?

I don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs and Redux91

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Okay so the honeymoon is over between me and HUGO.

HUGO have highlighted skill as most important. So now elite character as opposed to ELITE SKILL. Here we go again ? Same draft crap we had with Houle, Gainey and Bergevin ?
Ř
It's not that Leonard doesn't look like a good player. So at 10 maybe nice, but at 5 in this years draft ? And at 1 and 5 for 2 years no Cs or dynamic players ?

I don't know.
When did Bergevin regime have consider high character as important ? Who did they draft with high character with his top picks ??

I would say it was the opposite, they didn't consider it enough

And by the way Leonard is dynamic

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Leonard would be a better fit for them than Slafkovsky would.

I also think RHP is being left out of the conversation which is a shame since we saw him have a crazy positive impact on Suzuki last year.
RHP has his spot opposite from Slaf IMO. Thats where hell have success. Plug whoever between them and watch teams scream for help. RHP brings the IQ Slaf lacks and Slaf brings the physical attributes.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Its all they talked about for 10 years. Doesnt mean they were good players.
Yes but who where those players with high character ?

McCarron ? Galchenyuk ? Sherback ? Beaulieu (wasn’t draft by MB though), Poehling ? KK ?

Those guys all miss that high character to be successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad