HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Maybe but seems like longer Panthers hang around the narrative changes. Players like Konecny, Bennett, Hyman, Hartman etc.. all valuable pieces to a playoff team but most available in trades for a lot less than 5OA.
Let's get creative and look at it this way:

Is there a Bedard or Michkov type of player involved in this final?

Marchessault would be the best comparison lol

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Kind of my point, can’t get fooled into recency bias on what you need to be in the Finals affecting your draft strategy
There's still a blueprint going through IMO.

It's more about grind/hard play/heavy game than pure skill at the end of the day.

Marchessault is not the most skilled or offensively gifted guy out there but he's a dawg!

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Vegas has no player that was PPG this season on their roster...
Jack Eichel was PPG. Not sure why you wouldn’t check this before interjecting. Mark Stone is a big producer too, close to PPG for Vegas.

It's more about grind/hard play/heavy game than pure skill at the end of the day.

Marchessault is not the most skilled or offensively gifted guy out there but he's a dawg!
When PIT won, everyone said speed.
When TBL won, everyone said skill.
When LAK or STL won, everyone said defence and grind.

Now everyone will say forechecking.

There is no blueprint.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

A year ago Vegas missed the playoffs with almost the same team/blueprint and the year before that we beat them. What’s going on in the finals shouldn’t play into how we build our team. BargainBin tried that years ago wanting to build the Bruins heavy team. Failed miserably

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
A year ago Vegas missed the playoffs with almost the same team/blueprint and the year before that we beat them. What’s going on in the finals shouldn’t play into how we build our team. BargainBin tried that years ago wanting to build the Bruins heavy team. Failed miserably
Vegas missed the PO due to injuries IMO, you can't deny their solid 4 lines structure though...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ouf

Imagine they offer us 6 and 12 for 5++

What's a realistic return?

Realistically a late first or an early 2nd and another pick.

As long as he's a top pairing, minute eating, reliable defenseman who can QB a powerplay, I'd be happy. I don't expect 70 pts from him, or even 60 for that matter, but with a top 5 pick he needs to be the guy on the back end that we can count on in all situations imo.

Not ruling that out of his future at all, I'd love to be wrong because that would be a hell of a player and a massive building block for us for sure. I just feel a little more confident in Leonard's potential impact in the NHL. I'd have to see more from Reinbacher to sway my opinion on him in all honesty.

he can be all situations and will be, but unlikely to be pp1 for us (keep in mind Tampa uses Sergachev over Hedman on pp1 now). You wouldn't use Reinbacher over Mailloux or Hutson just because. Those guys have better offensive tools and worse defensive games so you'd give them their cookies in those offensive focused situations and use Reinbacher more on the PK and 5 on 5.

No doubt Arizona jumps on Reinbacher if still there, thats why I was so nervous they pass us in the standing, almost had a stroke when Drouin came close to tie it in the last seconds of our last game. Now we are in the driver seat, we will see who is the pick on draft day, but its going to be a really solid player.

It will, looks like we will either have our top pairing RD or we will have our skilled offensive catalyst (Smith) or we will have the modern day powerforward. Dach, Slaf and Leonard in your top 6 gives you plenty of skill and jam to thrive in a competitive playoff environment.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Vegas missed the PO due to injuries IMO, you can't deny their solid 4 lines structure
In the Cap world there’s probably been only a few franchises that haven’t been one and done. Pens, Hawks, Lightning and Kings. They’ve all had elite players in different positions.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Fact

Stone has multiple PPG seasons
Eichel has multiple PPG seasons

Cherry picking is not factual.
Eichel had 2 and they're 4 and 5 seasons ago.

Mark Stone has 3 and they're 3, 5 and 6 seasons ago.

Stone might pass as such, but Eichel isn't a big stretch to say he is, but it's a stretch.

So, realistically Vegas has maybe 1 ppg player, but their team has a lot of good players and system through and through that helps them.

• Love
Reactions: Belial

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Eichel had 2 and they're 4 and 5 seasons ago.

Mark Stone has 3 and they're 3, 5 and 6 seasons ago.
This only furthers my point as scoring has gone up since then, meaning they were PPG in a tougher league to score. They both had serious injuries over the past few years. Now, seeing how they are performing right now tells you they are still those PPG players.

Also, being ONE point shy of PPG is still PPG in terms of player accumen.

It's one more made up narrative.

Reactions: ReHabs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You defending a guy like Stone is already funny.

Defending a guy like Stone?

Where did I "defend" him? I'm simply showing that Vegas has PPG players. It has absolutely nothing to do with who Stone is. Completely childish strawman.

What is funny is how easily you resort to inaccurate reframing (spin) when you're losing an argument.

Reactions: Wats

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This only furthers my point as scoring has gone up since then, meaning they were PPG in a tougher league to score. They both had serious injuries over the past few years. Now, seeing how they are performing right now tells you they are still those PPG players.

Also, being ONE point shy of PPG is still PPG in terms of player accumen.

It's one more made up narrative.
So it's Eichel that makes the difference in this final?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So it's Eichel that makes the difference in this final?

You're moving goalposts. You were talking aboit PPG players, not who is making the biggest difference.

Eichel has 23 points in 20 games.
Stone has 19 point in 20 games.

Both were PPG multiple times, both are ppg right now. That's continuity, herego, they both can easily be defined as PPG players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad