HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
As long as he's a top pairing, minute eating, reliable defenseman who can QB a powerplay, I'd be happy. I don't expect 70 pts from him, or even 60 for that matter, but with a top 5 pick he needs to be the guy on the back end that we can count on in all situations imo.

Not ruling that out of his future at all, I'd love to be wrong because that would be a hell of a player and a massive building block for us for sure. I just feel a little more confident in Leonard's potential impact in the NHL. I'd have to see more from Reinbacher to sway my opinion on him in all honesty.
Unfortunately for any D man coming in the Habs pipeline, I don't think any will be displacing Hutson for that future PP QB role. Watching more Reinbacher recently I think he has all the tools to be an elite top pairing D. A pairing of him and Guhle would be menacing for every 1st line in the NHL. The board has recently talked about how players like Leonard thrive in the playoffs. Well I'd counter with players like Reinbacher are the most effective in the playoffs. For now, if Habs aren't picking michkov/Smith, Reinbacher is the easy pick at 5. Even with the will smith pick, there's a chance he may become another Kent Johnson and become a winger which would affect his game a lot as most of his offence is created in the slot. Taking Reinbacher may be the smartest thing the Habs will do in this rebuild. We'll see. I like all of Smith, Michkov, and Reinbacher. Will be disappointed if it's not 1 of those 3

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Sam Bennett couldn't do a pull-up at his draft Combine and he's a killer on the ice. Very valuable come playoff time.

He may have had something wrong but normally players opt out of those sorts of physical evaluation exercises at the Combine when they have an injury.

In any event, Bennett was very slight when drafted but hits like a freight train on the ice.
He actually compared himself to Bennett in one of his interviews.

Alex Tuch and Hyman were his other comparables.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Interesting...I wonder what the MISE-O-JEU odds will be on June 28!!

Right now:
Smith (natural center)
Reinbacher (top 2 or 4 dman?)
Leonard (winger or center?)
Michkov (winger)
Dvorsky (natural center)
Last year it was Wright all along at that time of the year, he was largely favorite. The odds went down after Bobby Mac final ranking release, Slaf took the lead only 2-3 days before the draft if I recall correctly. It will be interesting to see his final ranking once again. Im expecting Reinbacher to keep climbing in his ranking, likely top 6.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Last year it was Wright all along at that time of the year, he was largely favorite. The odds went down after Bobby Mac final ranking release, Slaf took the lead only 2-3 days before the draft if I recall correctly. It will be interesting to see his final ranking once again. Im expecting Reinbacher to keep climbing in his ranking, likely top 6.
I think Wright was still slightly ahead in Vegas odds until about an hour before the draft when inside information must have been leaking out.

Reactions: Goldenhands

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
All aboard the Leonard bandwagon choo choo!

0B72A780-F82F-4969-8BD2-671C0B4CEF71.gif

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Wright going fourth was something like 40 to 1 the night before the draft...

Someone made some cash...
Damn, which betting website? I sure would have placed some money that he drops to 3 or 4.

All aboard the Leonard bandwagon choo choo!

View attachment 716672
Its just impossible to not like Leonard's game, kid has 70 pts potential at least while being a force all over the ice.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Damn, which betting website? I sure would have placed some money that he drops to 3 or 4.
I don't remember but I think some dude that works with Marinaro bet 100$ that Wright will go 4th after McCagg was on his podcast and said that Wright will slide as teams don't like his character and compete level and cashed in 4K$ lol.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Wright going fourth was something like 40 to 1 the night before the draft...

Someone made some cash...
I don't remember but I think some dude that works with Marinaro bet 100$ that Wright will go 4th after McCagg was on his podcast and said that Wright will slide as teams don't like his character and compete level and cashed in 4K$ lol.
I wonder if there's a betting site where I could put some money down on Michkov going 8th. :naughty:

Reactions: Goldenhands

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He surely does and i like that when the habs asked what animal he would describe himself has said a beast :laugh:
He did? I thought it was a joke someone made lmao

I wonder if there's a betting site where I could put some money down on Michkov going 8th. :naughty:
Betting sites are probably aware that it's a strong possibility so I don't think there are a lot of opportunities there.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Holly shit!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If Pittsburgh hadn’t shat the bed against Chicago allowing FLA to make the playoffs and screwing up our 1st rounder would there be anywhere close to this desire to draft the next Tkachuk? If Leonard is truly BPA at 5 great but if he’s the BTCA (Best Tkachuk Comparable Available) it’s a mistake. Energy players can be traded for if we lack that when we are ready to compete, elite talent is a lot harder to find.

Reactions: Fenris

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
A team that needs multiple PPG players probably should not draft a player with 70pt upside no matter how much he snarls and says he hates to lose. This is a high first round pick and there are players available at 5OA who will have PPG upside.
Vegas has no player that was PPG this season on their roster...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If Pittsburgh hadn’t shat the bed against Chicago allowing FLA to make the playoffs and screwing up our 1st rounder would there be anywhere close to this desire to draft the next Tkachuk? If Leonard is truly BPA at 5 great but if he’s the BTCA (Best Tkachuk Comparable Available) it’s a mistake. Energy players can be traded for if we lack that when we are ready to compete, elite talent is a lot harder to find.
Leonard is not just a stiff with zero skill that can only hit and grind!

He's extremely skilled on top of bringing all those other qualities.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Leonard is not just a stiff with zero skill that can only hit and grind!

He's extremely skilled on top of bringing all those other qualities.
Maybe but seems like longer Panthers hang around the narrative changes. Players like Konecny, Bennett, Hyman, Hartman etc.. all valuable pieces to a playoff team but most available in trades for a lot less than 5OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad