HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Je me suis arrêté là, j'aurais dû m'arrêter avant : «Les Russes ne viennent pas au Combine depuis plusieurs années, a précisé un agent de joueurs de la LNH. C’était le cas avant même la pandémie.»

Donc là, nous avons un agent et un journaliste qui n'ont pas l'air d'être au fait que les Russes ne sont pas invités par la NHL "au Combine" depuis le début de la guerre et qui trouvent normal qu'aucun Russe ne s'y présente, sans se poser de questions...
1490886827-risibo.png
??

What are you talking about

• Haha
Reactions: Belial

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Latest Athletic mock

5 - Leo Carlsson
31 - Otto Stenberg
37 - Maxim Strbak

I think they take Hrabal at 31 or 37 instead of one of those guys, but getting Carlsson at 5 would be so f***ing sick I'd cry.
No need for kleenex then. You won't cry. Actually you might...but not for THAT reason...

I want Michkov.
If Michkov is taken, it probably means Smith is available, I then want Smith.
If Smith is gone, and they don't want Michkov (idiots), I'd want Leonard or Benson.

I,m expecting Dvorsky or Reinbacher.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I mean trade at draft table, once we see Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith are gone and we do not want to take Michkov. I do not see a big difference in drafting 5th or 8th then, because you get a player from the same talent tier (Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Benson, Leonard).
That's true but the thing is, you don't get to pick which one you want. Is it that much better to trade down to 7 and get an extra late 2nd if it means the two players from 5-8 that you were leaning towards are gone and you have to take what's left. Just stay at 5 and make the pick

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Latest Athletic mock

5 - Leo Carlsson
31 - Otto Stenberg
37 - Maxim Strbak

I think they take Hrabal at 31 or 37 instead of one of those guys, but getting Carlsson at 5 would be so f***ing sick I'd cry.
Just having Leo at 5 would be awesome

I do really like Stenberg at 31

Where Hrabal/Bjarnrasson have been draft ?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just having Leo at 5 would be awesome

I do really like Stenberg at 31

Where Hrabal/Bjarnrasson have been draft ?

Hrabal went right after we took Strbak. Bjarnason went to Edmonton at 56.

No need for kleenex then. You won't cry. Actually you might...but not for THAT reason...

I want Michkov.
If Michkov is taken, it probably means Smith is available, I then want Smith.
If Smith is gone, and they don't want Michkov (idiots), I'd want Leonard or Benson.

I,m expecting Dvorsky or Reinbacher.

I think Leonard is more likely than Dvorsky. It seems that is the consensus building amongst scouts and at the combine.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
That's true but the thing is, you don't get to pick which one you want. Is it that much better to trade down to 7 and get an extra late 2nd if it means the two players from 5-8 that you were leaning towards are gone and you have to take what's left. Just stay at 5 and make the pick
I am assuming we like at least 3 of those guys e.g. they do not like Benson so you will be left with one of Reinbacher/Leonard/Dvorsky.
Sure, depennds on the price, WAS has pick No. 40 which means you can still get solid goalie or RHD prospect and maybe they would add other pick as well to make sure they land with Michkov.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I kinda like Mania more.. I think Akey is more polished but Mania's offensive ceiling could be astronomical.
I prefer Akey personally, he's really the type of Dmen I like and men what a name !

But having

Leo Carlsson
Otto Stenberg (What is your opinion on him)
Michael Hrabal
Beau Akey/Matthew Mania

Would bring great value to our prospect pool

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I am assuming we like at least 3 of those guys e.g. they do not like Benson so you will be left with one of Reinbacher/Leonard/Dvorsky.
Sure, depennds on the price, WAS has pick No. 40 which means you can still get solid goalie or RHD prospect and maybe they would add other pick as well to make sure they land with Michkov.
If your strategy is moving down because you think michkov or whoever you're targeting will drop, fine take the risk. But at this point, if that's not the plan, I'd rather the Habs spend the extra picks, etc to move up to 3. This isn't the draft to play with fire

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I prefer Akey personally, he's really the type of Dmen I like and men what a name !

But having

Leo Carlsson
Otto Stenberg (What is your opinion on him)
Michael Hrabal
Beau Akey/Matthew Mania

Would bring great value to our prospect pool

I think Stenberg is a player.. he's probably that 2/3rd line tweener, but he's competitive, he's skilled, he's a great skater. Very versatile and high leadership ability.

Stenberg >>> Gauthier. The offensive ceiling is way higher.

Reactions: Vachon23

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd rather go with Smith or Leonard rather than DD, for sure. There's just more top 6 upside there IMO. I like Dvorsky a lot but I see more development struggles with him in north america than with the other two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think Stenberg is a player.. he's probably that 2/3rd line tweener, but he's competitive, he's skilled, he's a great skater. Very versatile and high leadership ability.

Stenberg >>> Gauthier. The offensive ceiling is way higher.
I think Gauthier offensive celling is underrated. He will never cary a line or drive the play but he will be a poison around the net what is a type of player I don't we have that much.

Last year he was in a stack offence with some 19 yrs old stud so he didn't had every opportunity on the PP and offensive situation to show his offensive skill set. Drummondville just paid 3x 1st round pick + 2x 2nd round pick for him and he will get every opportunity to succeed there. I'm expecting him to explose offensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad