HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
So if this is true and Michkov drops and we don't take him well then it's an open field at #5. Game on... find us a gem Bobrov!
C’mon Bobrov, pack him up on a crate in Archangel and ship him over. I agree that there Is smoke that they’ll pass on Michkov, and when there’s smoke there’s fire. And that’s all the info we have.

On the other hand, I’ve been spending lots of my free time on games of the available guys at 5 from Carlsson to Wood, and there’s cognitive dissonance that they’d pass on a talent like that under any circumstance. I hope they’re just being coy.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
C’mon Bobrov, pack him up on a crate in Archangel and ship him over. I agree that there Is smoke that they’ll pass on Michkov, and when there’s smoke there’s fire. And that’s all the info we have.

On the other hand, I’ve been spending lots of my free time on games of the available guys at 5 from Carlsson to Wood, and there’s cognitive dissonance that they’d pass on a talent like that under any circumstance. I hope they’re just being coy.

They're not - they don't want the risk, it looks like a lot of other teams don't want it either.

I expect to see Reinbacher and Leonard go ahead of him at minimum. Likely Dvorsky too.

Right now, I think this is how it plays out.

Chicago - Bedard
Anaheim - Fantilli/Carlsson
Columbus - Fantilli/Carlsson
San Jose - Smith
Montreal - Reinbacher/Leonard
Arizona - Reinbacher/Leonard
Philadelphia - Dvorsky or Benson
Washington - Michkov

Reactions: Doublechin

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If we get Dubois pre draft do you guys think it changes our strategy? If Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov are off the board, do we pass on the centre in Smith and select Benson, Leonard or Reinbacher?

Does it open us up to flip with Arizona or Philly?

"Hey Philly, we just signed PLD and dont need Smith. You want the 5th and Monty for the 7th and Hart?"

Me personally I go BPA, regardless, but it is an interesting thought.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
They're not - they don't want the risk, it looks like a lot of other teams don't want it either.

I expect to see Reinbacher and Leonard go ahead of him at minimum. Likely Dvorsky too.

Chicago - Bedard
San Jose - Smith
Washington - Michkov
We’ll already know by October just how much these f***ers in Washington (or Detroit) lucked out.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It's likely Reinbacher or Leonard unless Smith is on the board.

Yeah those would be the logical choices. Both would be pretty damn exciting because they are definitely among the BPA at 5 and play positions/styles that teams always covet. I still think it will be pretty wide open if they love a guy like Wood or Dvorsky they could just take them at that point.

Maybe some of the teams ahead of the Habs are being coy too...

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Chicago - Bedard
San Jose - Smith
Washington - Michkov
That would suck. Half-assed tank cost us a franchise 1C.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Yeah those would be the logical choices. Both would be pretty damn exciting because they are definitely among the BPA at 5 and play positions/styles that teams always covet. I still think it will be pretty wide open if they love a guy like Wood or Dvorsky they could just take them at that point.

Maybe some of the teams ahead of the Habs are being coy too...

Perhaps. It will be a no-brainer for someone that when you are aware who Brett Hull is, even if he’s signed for 3 years somewhere else in the universe you don’t putz around wondering if you should pick Wendel Clark or Dave Manson.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Perhaps. It will be a no-brainer for someone that when you are aware who Brett Hull is, even if he’s signed for 3 years somewhere else in the universe you don’t putz around wondering if you should pick Wendel Clark or Dave Manson.

If they judge the risk is too high I'll be sad but I'll be ok with it. There are plenty of very good players available... but I can see why people will be upset about it...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If we get Dubois pre draft do you guys think it changes our strategy? If Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov are off the board, do we pass on the centre in Smith and select Benson, Leonard or Reinbacher?

Does it open us up to flip with Arizona or Philly?

"Hey Philly, we just signed PLD and dont need Smith. You want the 5th and Monty for the 7th and Hart?"

Me personally I go BPA, regardless, but it is an interesting thought.
IF we indeed somehow got PLD
It would be the only acceptable situation that I'd be ok with Reinbacher, personally

Otherwise, I think it's pretty obvious what happens,
Top 4 go, Michkov slides, and we take Leonard.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017

Chicago - Bedard
San Jose - Smith
Washington - Michkov
And then he’s gonna score 100 points in three years and all the GMS are gonna go duuuuuuuuuhhhhh. There’s significantly more risk of those other players being underwhelming/busts than there is of Michkov being kept in Russia or whatever nonsense. His own fking assistant coach just said he will be free to go after this contract.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So, If I have this right. Based on your own hypotheticals.
You would prefer a scenario where : Bedard tops out at 85 points for Chicago, and who everyone else picked after, 2 to 5, including our own pick, all bust and don't amount to anything, Including Reinbacher.
Over the scenario :
Everyone busts including Bedard, except Reinbacher.
?

This is a hypothetical scenario, a choice between two lists of 5 players, and they both contain different players. Imagine you found two scout's lists, and at some draft rank, the next 5 names on the scouts lists turned out to be as described. Who was the better scout?

Last edited:

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I hope we can acquire another top 10 pick, that way we could draft Reinbacher at 5 (and set our defense for the next 10 years) AND draft one of Benson or Leonard.

Let say we pass on Michkov for Reinbacher and ARZ decides to draft him. Then a team like WAS (who might have targeted Michkov) imo might be willing to move down and acquire more picks and/or roster players to help them win with Ovi.

VAN might be a prime trade partner as they need to shed cap (we have plenty of space), seems to want to compete now (so might consider trading the 11th for more NHL ready prospects) and have a poor prospect pool (which means theyd probably like to add a bit more quantity). So how about:

Myers and 11th OA for Barron (young RHD, huge need for them, not so much for us because Reinbacher and Mailloux + Hutson, Mailloux and Matheson are definitely taking the 2 PP spots in the next years which was the bread and butter of Barron last year), Kidney (solid F prospect with boom or bust potential, redundant in our organisation with the likes of Farrell, Roy, Beck, etc.) and 2nd RD pick 2024.

Then we move up to 8th OA trading Edmundson half retained to WAS. One of Benson or Leonard will be available.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Im all in for drafting Michkov even tho im pretty that he wont be available at 5 & I believe that he will come to N-A, but I just found out about philly Prospect Ivan Fedotov on Twitter. Can somebody is able to explain me what happen to him (Something about military service or idk) and is there any chance that it might happen with Michkov ?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I hope we can acquire another top 10 pick, that way we could draft Reinbacher at 5 (and set our defense for the next 10 years) AND draft one of Benson or Leonard.

Let say we pass on Michkov for Reinbacher and ARZ decides to draft him. Then a team like WAS (who might have targeted Michkov) imo might be willing to move down and acquire more picks and/or roster players to help them win with Ovi.

VAN might be a prime trade partner as they need to shed cap (we have plenty of space), seems to want to compete now (so might consider trading the 11th for more NHL ready prospects) and have a poor prospect pool (which means theyd probably like to add a bit more quantity). So how about:

Myers and 11th OA for Barron (young RHD, huge need for them, not so much for us because Reinbacher and Mailloux + Hutson, Mailloux and Matheson are definitely taking the 2 PP spots in the next years which was the bread and butter of Barron last year), Kidney (solid F prospect with boom or bust potential, redundant in our organisation with the likes of Farrell, Roy, Beck, etc.) and 2nd RD pick 2024.

Then we move up to 8th OA trading Edmundson half retained to WAS. One of Benson or Leonard will be available.
If Leonard is not drafted by the habs he’s most likely gone at 6. So no chance to get him any other way.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
cut.jpg

First the awful rap, and now he's wearing Nike shoes with a smoking... He will drop to #5, at the very least.
1490886827-risibo.png

Reactions: McGees

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Must read for many here…

Je me suis arrêté là, j'aurais dû m'arrêter avant : «Les Russes ne viennent pas au Combine depuis plusieurs années, a précisé un agent de joueurs de la LNH. C’était le cas avant même la pandémie.»

Donc là, nous avons un agent et un journaliste qui n'ont pas l'air d'être au fait que les Russes ne sont pas invités par la NHL "au Combine" depuis le début de la guerre et qui trouvent normal qu'aucun Russe ne s'y présente, sans se poser de questions...
1490886827-risibo.png

Reactions: ReHabs

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

Chicago - Bedard
San Jose - Smith
Washington - Michkov
In that case, we definitely need to make a trade with Caps to acquire some additional assets.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
That would take them out of the tier of prospects they would consider top end, doubt they do it
I mean trade at draft table, once we see Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith are gone and we do not want to take Michkov. I do not see a big difference in drafting 5th or 8th then, because you get a player from the same talent tier (Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Benson, Leonard).

Reactions: habsfan891

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean trade at draft table, once we see Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith are gone and we do not want to take Michkov. I do not see a big difference in drafting 5th or 8th then, because you get a player from the same talent tier (Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Benson, Leonard).

They likely don't value Benson the same, I'm sure they wouldn't want to move out of the range of Reinbacher or Leonard

Reactions: Paddy17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad