Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I didn't like Bedard seeing him play on the WJC. He seemed like he didn't pass enough and, other than his shot, I didn't see a lot I liked about his game. McTavish's line played better when Bedard wasn't on it. Is he really a "generational" talent?
Lol yes he is.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I didn't like Bedard seeing him play on the WJC. He seemed like he didn't pass enough and, other than his shot, I didn't see a lot I liked about his game. McTavish's line played better when Bedard wasn't on it. Is he really a "generational" talent?

You have to be rather exceptional to even make Team Canada as a 16 year old, he's still eligible for the tournament another three times.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The Ducks will go on a big winning streak in the 'last month of the season' and ruin their Bedard chances lol.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
completely disagree. He was barely 17 in that tournament and looked solid for most of it. He’s the clear best prospect since McDavid and will absolutely be a franchise center

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
He was the youngest player in that whole tournament by a large margin and was still one of the better players overall, expect him to absolutely dominate the WJC this winter

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
The guy has 150 points in 90 WHL games and he's been 15 or 16 years old for all but 13 of those games, and was nearly at 2 ppg as a 15 year old. Easily the best prospect since McDavid.

If we get Bedard, we'll have one of the best forwards in the NHL for the next 15 years.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Even after tonight's win we are still #32. But we have had a more difficult schedule than other teams, so that could change, particularly over the next three games.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Anything in top 5 is very very good.

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What’s getting me through this season is imagining what our talent pool will look like after this draft. We already have 1 1st which could be top 5, 3 2nds, and 2 3rds. Plenty of avenues left to acquire more 1sts and 2nds,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad