Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fantilli is going to be a hell of a consolation prize. He has to be the favorite for second overall because of the Russian stuff.
I actually prefer fantilli over michkov.

Idk that we really have a ton of value in terms of trade assets to add picks this year.

At this point I’m hoping klingberg at 50% can get us a 1st…. But starting to lose faith in that.

Shatt/grant prob gets us a 3rd or 4th.

Silf and Henrique prob hold little to no value(especially without retention)

Kulikov or bealieu might be able to get a 4 to 6 as depth pieces for a playoff team.

Other than that comtois gibson or stolarz could be movable pieces. Other issue is I imagine there will be a lot more sellers than normal considering the value of a top 5-10 pick in this draft

This draft is loaded, I really don't mind sitting through one more long year - if it means landing a young elite or even franchise talent.

Ya adding another top end forward to this roster would be great, then we prob have to find a legit top 4 rhd to add to the team via free agency/trade.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I actually prefer fantilli over michkov.

Idk that we really have a ton of value in terms of trade assets to add picks this year.

At this point I’m hoping klingberg at 50% can get us a 1st…. But starting to lose faith in that.

Shatt/grant prob gets us a 3rd or 4th.

Silf and Henrique prob hold little to no value(especially without retention)

Kulikov or bealieu might be able to get a 4 to 6 as depth pieces for a playoff team.

Other than that comtois gibson or stolarz could be movable pieces. Other issue is I imagine there will be a lot more sellers than normal considering the value of a top 5-10 pick in this draft

I think I'd be leaning in the direction of Fantilli myself, regardless of the off ice considerations.

He's a unicorn, similar to a Byfield type ideal physical tool kit but without the questions about vision/IQ.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

This draft is loaded, I really don't mind sitting through one more long year - if it means landing a young elite or even franchise talent.

Carlsson is really impressive. Seems to have everything what you want from a forward. Size, skills and skating. Very intriguing player. Challenges for a spot in the top 5.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The Ducks are officially in last both points wise and point % wise in the NHL.

Is this our year? :sarcasm:
We need to beat the Yotes in shots for, and then we'll be last in the league in SF, and SA. What a freaking combo :laugh:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If the Russian situation is as bad or worse by draft day, would Michkov be worth the risk at 3/4 assuming Fantilli goes 2nd? Sounds like he's got star potential but wasting a top 5 pick in a strong draft on a guy that eventually doesn't come over would set the franchise back. I haven't followed the players in the upcoming draft or the Russia situation over the last couple months.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the Russian situation is as bad or worse by draft day, would Michkov be worth the risk at 3/4 assuming Fantilli goes 2nd? Sounds like he's got star potential but wasting a top 5 pick in a strong draft on a guy that eventually doesn't come over would set the franchise back. I haven't followed the players in the upcoming draft or the Russia situation over the last couple months.
I'd probably take Michkov at #4. A potential superstar at #4 is a slam dunk.

Gaucher/Zegras/Michkov
Perreault/McTavish/Terry
Comtois/Lundestrom/Tracey
Jones/Lopina/Tschigerl

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
At least this year we csn realistically expect a game-changing talent from the draft, as we will definitely fall into one of Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli/Yeager.

Unless PV does something stupid, of course. And I wouldn't hold my breath if he did judging by his tenure so far.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
At least this year we csn realistically expect a game-changing talent from the draft, as we will definitely fall into one of Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli/Yeager.

Unless PV does something stupid, of course. And I wouldn't hold my breath if he did judging by his tenure so far.

I don't think he'll be trading Anaheim's first rounder.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would still love to add another 1st.

Also starting to wonder if there is as big of a gap between Bedard and fantelli.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I didn't like Bedard seeing him play on the WJC. He seemed like he didn't pass enough and, other than his shot, I didn't see a lot I liked about his game. McTavish's line played better when Bedard wasn't on it. Is he really a "generational" talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad