2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Doesn't surprised me that Pham and Harrington were the ones flipping out but if she is going to report Buffalo sports she should clarify. Oh well, now she knows!
The only Amherst I know anymore is in MA, but I read the quote as NY since this is a sabres board. Is she the same one that asked Giregensons if he was retiring?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015

...in a wide-ranging conversation with sabres dot com, Wood concluded by noting how political liberty, a term he uses to describe participation in government made possible out of the American Revolution, provided the means by which the personal liberty and private rights of the individual, as later enshrined in the Constitution - i.e., what we today call "negative liberty"...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
...in a wide-ranging conversation with sabres dot com, Wood concluded by noting how political liberty, a term he uses to describe participation in government made possible out of the American Revolution, provided the means by which the personal liberty and private rights of the individual, as later enshrined in the Constitution - i.e., what we today call "negative liberty"...

I'm not sure how his expected libertarians/60 plays into the draft, so lets reel it back to just the puck side.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

A few interesting bullet points in there

• NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr said Etienne Morin would be his first defenseman taken for the NHL Draft. The Moncton Wildcats defenseman was the 19th-ranked North American skater and is the 59th player on Daily Faceoff’s top 100 list. The skilled, two-way defenseman has 21 goals and 72 points, a huge step up from his 33-point output a year ago.

I normally try to avoid prospects from the Q, as the success rate has really declined in recent years. But this quote made me do a double take.

• When asked by The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler who the most talented player in the draft is, many players, obviously, said Connor Bedard. The second most common answer? Colby Barlow from the Owen Sound Attack. Barlow led all draft-eligible OHL prospects with 46 goals this year.

I've really liked Barlow's game, more than most on here. I can't speak for his growth potential, but he's not afraid of the dirty areas and his shot pops off the film in the same way that Quinn's did (although it's probably just a notch below).

• There was no shortage of people who think Matthew Wood could be a top 10 pick. “He’s got all the traits to be a big-time NHLer. A team is going to look so smart taking him early,” a scout from a team drafting later in the first round said.

Yep, he's definitely going top 10.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I normally try to avoid prospects from the Q, as the success rate has really declined in recent years. But this quote made me do a double take.

I've really liked Barlow's game, more than most on here. I can't speak for his growth potential, but he's not afraid of the dirty areas and his shot pops off the film in the same way that Quinn's did (although it's probably just a notch below).

Well actually I really like Barlow too, I think he would be a very good choice for us.

Reactions: sabres4ever

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I found the worst mock draft for us. So far, at least

13. Winnipeg (From Buffalo) - Calum Ritchie (C), Brandon​

If Connor Hellebuyck is on the trade block you better believe Buffalo will make a deal. A solid number-one goalie like Winnipeg's former Vezina winner is exactly what the Sabres need to break their 12-year playoff drought. This 13th overall pick, A-level prospect Matthew Savoie and a young roster player could get it done.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

If Connor Hellebuyck is on the trade block you better believe Buffalo will make a deal. A solid number-one goalie like Winnipeg's former Vezina winner is exactly what the Sabres need to break their 12-year playoff drought. This 13th overall pick, A-level prospect Matthew Savoie and a young roster player could get it done.
giphy.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I wonder if one of the best things going for Morin was Luneau's season with Gatineau. One of the things that made me laugh listening to the EP Q&A chat is that the smart, offensively gifted defensemen in this draft have skating issues and the toolsie, smooth skating guys may not be the most gifted/think the game well - they summed it up well IMO. Like, if someone can say "yeah, our skating and dev guys can get speed and improved footwork out of Morin" (or Dragicevic as another), they move way, way up. And it also illustrates out variable all of this is. People need to temper expectations and not worry too much about fixation on a particular player. (Feels like that last sentence should be stickied every year in the draft threads too :biglaugh: )

I don't know if it is a case of not liking Barlow's game - he's a pro-style winger who plays consistently that way - it's just he's sort of... there.

Exciting times for him, I'm sure.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia

Yeah, I don't think we'll be trading Savoie in any package, unless it involved connor bedard.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
From Matthew Fairburn

Adams and his staff were busy this week interviewing draft prospects during the NHL Scouting Combine. It’s always best to not draw too many conclusions from the specific player meets, but the Sabres did draft a few players they met with this time last year. So here’s an incomplete list of players the Sabres met with this week and their rankings on Scott Wheeler’s latest board.

10. Matthew Wood, RW
12. David Reinbacher, RHD
14. Eduard Sale, LW
16. Axel Sandin Pellikka, LHD
17. Colby Barlow, LW
18. Quentin Musty, LW
32. Etienne Morin, LHD
41. Oliver Bonk, RHD
77. Gavin McCarthy, RHD
85. Jakub Dvorak, RHD
Unranked: Sawyer Mynio, LHD

Status