2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
56756.png

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Is it just me or has the posting quantity in the prospects subforum (and site in general) really slowed down? Most years there'd be a lot of pre-draft prospect chatter and now they're almost nothing.
I keep starting to post something and then stop because I cannot get a handle on many of the prospects. I think-as many do-that we have a plethora of average or less than average nhl size forwards who have very good hockey skills. I think we need some heavier power forward types to replace folks like Okposo,
Girgensons ( and Tuch when the time comes). I think we need to add some strong defensive minded D men with a bias towards those who can shoot right-and maybe have good point shot-something I believe we do not have. I would like a defensive minded centre who can win face offs. I would like to add another good G prospect. Now if I could put names to those who fit the bill and will be available when the Sabres name is called......

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it just me or has the posting quantity in the prospects subforum (and site in general) really slowed down? Most years there'd be a lot of pre-draft prospect chatter and now they're almost nothing.

Probably a combination of having fewer posters and that in the terms of this draft specifically, there isn't a lot separating so many.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Ah crap, my educational account lapsed. I'll have to find a work around to read that. :D

Reactions: Jim Bob

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
All in on Simashev, Moore and Wood, in that order, at 13. Would be hyped for any of those 3.

Obviously if Michkov slides do what it takes to get him. Imagine adding Kaprizov on an ELC to this team in 2-3 years when we’re a contender, that’s how you win multiple cups
Would be like Sabres adding the rookie Gare in '74-75 when they already had the French Connection, Luce, Ramsay, and 4 young good d-men.
I'd be down for it but I don't see him lasting. I have him 5th on my list so it's probably just personal blindness.

Barlow looks like he was acting in Das Boot. DBut sounds like he is named for Das Boot.
Great movie, but pretty sure we've discussed it before.
As a German speaker, I am in full support of drafting a guy named Rehkopf.
How does that translate? Kopf is head, correct? What is Reh-kopf?

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Would be like Sabres adding the rookie Gare in '74-75 when they already had the French Connection, Luce, Ramsay, and 4 young good d-men.

Great movie, but pretty sure we've discussed it before.

How does that translate? Kopf is head, correct? What is Reh-kopf?
Deer head

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Adams should do what’s he’s done up to this point:

- Listen to his scouts
- Listen to his analytics department
- Let both combine to build the Sabres board
- Take the BPA based on the Sabres board

Cozens
Johnson
Peterka
Quinn
Power
Rosen
Poltapov
Kisakov
Savoie
Ostlund
Kulich

Not a bust in the group. Doubters around Quinn and Rosen were wrong. Just stay with what works.

Reactions: Grinder81 and Ehran

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

- Listen to his scouts

Cozens
Johnson
Peterka
Quinn
Power
Rosen
Poltapov
Kisakov
Savoie
Ostlund
Kulich

Not a bust in the group. Doubters around Quinn and Rosen were wrong. Just stay with what works.
Can’t help but notice you left exactly one 2nd round pick off of your list of all first and second round picks. Two of which weren’t drafted by this front office.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Swipe right

A list of guys who will be gone before 13, though I like to dream too.

- Listen to his scouts

Cozens
Johnson
Peterka
Quinn
Power
Rosen
Poltapov
Kisakov
Savoie
Ostlund
Kulich

Seriously. They earned my trust, I just "watch and learn" at this point.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

- Listen to his scouts

Cozens
Johnson
Peterka
Quinn
Power
Rosen
Poltapov
Kisakov
Savoie
Ostlund
Kulich

Adams didn't draft Cozens or Johnson. Kind of jumping the gun with guys like Kisakov and Poltapov not being a bust since neither are NHL capable players right now. Not saying they are a bust but TBD.

Reactions: rams

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Can’t help but notice you left exactly one 2nd round pick off of your list of all first and second round picks. Two of which weren’t drafted by this front office.

Adams didn't draft Cozens or Johnson. Kind of jumping the gun with guys like Kisakov and Poltapov not being a bust since neither are NHL capable players right now. Not saying they are a bust but TBD.

Following along that train of thought......too early to call Leinonen a bust.
I thought Adams drafted Cozens and Johnson, and leaving Leinonen off wasn’t a designed move. He has been mostly a no news developing player, so it neither makes or breaks my point.

Point stands, Adams is drafting BPA and doing well.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I thought Adams drafted Cozens and Johnson, and leaving Leinonen off wasn’t a designed move. He has been mostly a no news developing player, so it neither makes or breaks my point.

Point stands, Adams is drafting BPA and doing well.
Reasonably, not enough time has passed for anyone drafted by Adams to be considered a bust so it's a bit misleading, though his drafting is looking really good so far.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary

- Listen to his scouts

Cozens
Johnson
Peterka
Quinn
Power
Rosen
Poltapov
Kisakov
Savoie
Ostlund
Kulich

Been saying this for a while now.

Trust the process

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Maybe I'm nuts (well, I AM nuts....but hopefully not about this)..........but I just can't see a way that KA passes on Michkov if he's there. He's built a nice little Russian pipeline and by the time his contract expires, we should be a legit playoff team and hopefully more than that.
The timing is good for him coming over. They don't need him pushing into the lineup for 2 or 3 years. I guess the risk is him never signing? Is that why he's falling?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The timing is good for him coming over. They don't need him pushing into the lineup for 2 or 3 years. I guess the risk is him never signing? Is that why he's falling?

Any team will be waiting until fall of '26 for him with his current contract. That's a long time without team control.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I feel like the term 'bust' is thrown around too generously. Can you really call players drafted after the first round a bust, when the percentages of making the NHL for players taken after the first round being very small? I would call them a 'miss'.

A good team needs to hit on those picks, so the Sabres getting 1 or 2 NHL players after their second round is the mark of a good draft and scouting.

OK, so Poltapov and Leinonen eventually may fall near that 'bust' criteria being second rounders, but I would also look at the totality of that draft year and depending on what they did hit on in the later rounds, put them in a 'miss' category.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Surprised that I've seen so little about the draft combine this week. It used to be be big news locally. Is there any video or results posted somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad