2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Taking part in a mock draft
1) Bedard
2) Fantilli
3)Carlsson
4) Smith
5) Reinbacher
6) Leonard
7) Dvorsky
8) Michkov
9) Benson
10) Wood
11) Willander
12) Simashev

Moore? I like Barlow, but sabres like skill, skating , and what seems to be "untapped/growth' potential.
ASP :sarcasm:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
...in a wide-ranging conversation with sabres dot com, Wood concluded by noting how political liberty, a term he uses to describe participation in government made possible out of the American Revolution, provided the means by which the personal liberty and private rights of the individual, as later enshrined in the Constitution - i.e., what we today call "negative liberty"...
He kind of sounds like a moron -- I'm not sure I'd want Adams to draft him if this is the way he talks during a hockey interview.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
1) Bedard
2) Fantilli
3)Carlsson
4) Smith
5) Reinbacher
6) Leonard
7) Dvorsky
8) Michkov
9) Benson
10) Wood
11) Willander
12) Simashev

Moore? I like Barlow, but sabres like skill, skating , and what seems to be "untapped/growth' potential.
Danielson or Moore is my guess on who Adams would pick in this scenario.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t want to put too fine of a point on it….but I wouldn’t take ASP at 13 if there were no other eligible D in the draft class after him.
I mean he can't play defense at all and doesn't even have the potential to improve at that?

Generally I was fine with Moore, Barlow or Danielson.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I mean he can't play defense at all and doesn't even have the potential to improve at that?

Generally I was fine with Moore, Barlow or Danielson.
I just see a guy whose main talent is something we have two far better players at…and wonder if I’m just drafting another small guy on D stuck on the third pair getting pushed around the ice.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I just see a guy whose main talent is something we have two far better players at…and wonder if I’m just drafting another small guy on D stuck on the third pair getting pushed around the ice.
I just think Dahlin is already becoming a monster and one of the best defenseman in the league, he's really good defensively. We have Samuelsson in the top 4. Well, having three potential guys for PP is not bad, but good. Even if now one of Dahlin or Power is out due to injury, we do not have a defenseman who would be good at PP. I mean this is not an argument to choose ASP, I'm just wondering how it is projected at all, will it only be PP QB or can it also improve its defense? I've looked at a few reviews on ASP and he has some defensive skills, but he needs to develop that. It's not that Josi or Morrissey is a big defensemans and they're not just PP QB like DeAngelo/Barrie.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just think Dahlin is already becoming a monster and one of the best defenseman in the league, he's really good defensively. We have Samuelsson in the top 4. Well, having three potential guys for PP is not bad, but good. Even if now one of Dahlin or Power is out due to injury, we do not have a defenseman who would be good at PP. I mean this is not an argument to choose ASP, I'm just wondering how it is projected at all, will it only be PP QB or can it also improve its defense? I've looked at a few reviews on ASP and he has some defensive skills, but he needs to develop that. It's not that Josi or Morrissey is a big defensemans and they're not just PP QB like DeAngelo/Barrie.
I don’t really care about the PP when looking at that high of a pick. I don’t like him as a fit at five on five where we spend most of the time. He’s pretty much the opposite of what I’m looking for long term. If they draft him it is what it is. I think people know how I’ve felt about the middle of round 1 for months and months now. I wouldn’t be holding this pick on draft day if I was in charge.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
1) Bedard
2) Fantilli
3)Carlsson
4) Smith
5) Reinbacher
6) Leonard
7) Dvorsky
8) Michkov
9) Benson
10) Wood
11) Willander
12) Simashev

Moore, Danielson, or Barlow. Moore and Barlow are top 10 talents.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t really care about the PP when looking at that high of a pick. I don’t like him as a fit at five on five where we spend most of the time. He’s pretty much the opposite of what I’m looking for long term. If they draft him it is what it is. I think people know how I’ve felt about the middle of round 1 for months and months now. I wouldn’t be holding this pick on draft day if I was in charge.
Again, I'm trying to find out from you or someone else here how ASP is projected? He has excellent skating, passing and IQ, and he is small, but very agile. I'm mainly interested in how he will play defense, because in the NHL there are also small defenseman who play well in defense, because they are smart. If ASP ends up being average defensively player, that would be an attractive mid-round pick.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Moore, Danielson, or Barlow. Moore and Barlow are top 10 talents.
Forgot about Barlow, good point. I've been hearing that a handful of teams were really high on Danielson, some of them picking in the top 10, so I wouldn't rule that out yet either.

One or more of these 3 would have to be taken in the top 10 for us to be able to land Wallander. Starting to seem like a longer shot with each day that passes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Again, I'm trying to find out from you or someone else here how ASP is projected? He has excellent skating, passing and IQ, and he is small, but very agile. I'm mainly interested in how he will play defense, because in the NHL there are also small defenseman who play well in defense, because they are smart. If ASP ends up being average defensively player, that would be an attractive mid-round pick.
He defends like Joker does. He can do fine when the rush is coming at him…but once they gain the zone it’s an adventure. He wanders to the wrong places, has no physical element and gets lost in the other teams puck movement. He can win pucks with his speed now…but that’s harder in the NHL. I don’t think he can develop defensive IQ at the rate the assignment gets harder. I see a guy who doesn’t help us in his own end and won’t get the minutes to make it worth what he can do on offense. If he‘s in the top 4 I’m taking possession away from Dahlin or Power for him? No thanks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He defends like Joker does. He can do fine when the rush is coming at him…but once they gain the zone it’s an adventure. He wanders to the wrong places, has no physical element and gets lost in the other teams puck movement. He can win pucks with his speed now…but that’s harder in the NHL. I don’t think he can develop defensive IQ at the rate the assignment gets harder. I see a guy who doesn’t help us in his own end and won’t get the minutes to make it worth what he can do on offense. If he‘s in the top 4 I’m taking possession away from Dahlin or Power for him? No thanks.

Think of him like Montour prior to this season - he drifts because he gets mesmerized by the puck. And like Montour, he's best skills involve being able to move the puck up the ice.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Think of him like Montour prior to this season - he drifts because he gets mesmerized by the puck. And like Montour, he's best skills involve being able to move the puck up the ice.
I get it. But what am I doing with it? Is he playing with Power? don’t like it without more defensive ability. Is he playing with Samuelsson? That could work but I hate taking one of Dahlin and Power off the ice when I can run one of them for 45 minutes a night. It’s the fit here that I hate

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I get it. But what am I doing with it? Is he playing with Power? don’t like it without more defensive ability. Is he playing with Samuelsson? That could work but I hate taking one of Dahlin and Power off the ice when I can run one of them for 45 minutes a night. It’s the fit here that I hate
Dahlin - ASP
Power - Samuelsson

Well, Hedman played with Sergachev

Btw…black book is out. Makes our board vote look real smart with where they have Shimashev. You’ll be stunned.

….

He’s FIFTH
Well I'm not surprised

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I get it. But what am I doing with it? Is he playing with Power? don’t like it without more defensive ability. Is he playing with Samuelsson? That could work but I hate taking one of Dahlin and Power off the ice when I can run one of them for 45 minutes a night. It’s the fit here that I hate.

Yeah, as of today the fit is odd. I'm still more partial to Simashev and Willander on the defensive prospect side and still wonder at relative value. I'm fascinated to see EP's write up on Simashev where they absolutely gush over the kid. I'm not sure if I should be pleased that they are seeing what I saw or if I should be worried that they see what I saw. :biglaugh:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, as of today the fit is odd. I'm still more partial to Simashev and Willander on the defensive prospect side and still wonder at relative value. I'm fascinated to see EP's write up on Simashev where they absolutely gush over the kid. I'm not sure if I should be pleased that they are seeing what I saw or if I should be worried that they see what I saw. :biglaugh:
I’m probably a little annoyed tbh lol. I know it doesn’t matter and teams who love him will have ranked him accordingly already. but man…we all nailed the scouting on this one and it feels more and more confirmation rolls in every week that he’s gonna be gone

We started talking him up when public lists had him as barely a round 1 guy. People thought we reached two weeks ago!

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I’m probably a little annoyed tbh lol. I know it doesn’t matter and teams who love him will have ranked him accordingly already. but man…we all nailed the scouting on this one and it feels more and more confirmation rolls in every week that he’s gonna be gone

We started talking him up when public lists had him as barely a round 1 guy. People thought we reached two weeks ago!
Time to activate the natural gas mobster propaganda apparatus that caused JA17 to slip to us in 2017. "I'm hearing Simashev really loves his mother's cooking and is hesitant to play overseas..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad