2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

OK, when you hear that some teams believe Michkov will slide out of the top 10…

I just see "Bad Gateway on the link; its just written not even with a link to click on; at first I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic lol

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
21312.png
463453453.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In the first round they aren't. In the second and third round, the guys who either didn't answer questions enough to move up into the first round this year or guys who DID and slid are going to be thick on defense in those rounds. It need not be at 13.
Especially the kinds of D that the Sabres could use to add to the pipeline.

The Sabres do not need PP QB D in the pipeline. They need guys like Samuelsson that fall to the 2nd round or later due to questions about offensive upside or skating.

It would be better for TV if they did it right. They don’t have to show Bettman going through all of the technicalities beforehand but they could show the balls being put in the machine and the draws. Updating live odds between each ball would be fun
That might seem like it would be fun. And the novelty of it would probably make people happy for the first year or two. But, it would ultimately settle in the same place it is at today where the fans of teams that move up are excited and most fans either don't care or are salty about how things played out.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
In the first round they aren't. In the second and third round, the guys who either didn't answer questions enough to move up into the first round this year or guys who DID and slid are going to be thick on defense in those rounds. It need not be at 13.
Wallinder could be there in the 2nd round but also could be gone in the first round depending how it plays out. If he is there in the 2nd round I would try to trade down from 39. Getting first round talent in the 2nd round.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I have a hunch that if they want Willander, they're going to have to take him at 13. I think this is one of those players that fans will be valuing based on mocks and out-of-date lists, but in reality he is going to be much more valued by NHL teams when it comes down to it. If we're all noticing him and talking about him, chances are, so are others.

There's so much uncertainty in the NHL draft. I'd be fine with Willander at 13 personally, because I think he can be a good top 4 NHL defenseman based on what I've seen.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Worth noting that Pronman had Willander going before 13 in his mock. Which he bases on what he hears about who likes who (but admits the early mock is more trying to find fits that make sense because teams haven’t set their boards yet)

The D in this draft is going to be more overdrafted than usual because there just aren’t enough good ones. That should spell a value in falling forward to an analytics driven front office

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wallinder could be there in the 2nd round but also could be gone in the first round depending how it plays out. If he is there in the 2nd round I would try to trade down from 39. Getting first round talent in the 2nd round.

After his U18's, I don't think Willander makes it into the 30's.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a hunch that if they want Willander, they're going to have to take him at 13. I think this is one of those players that fans will be valuing based on mocks and out-of-date lists, but in reality he is going to be much more valued by NHL teams when it comes down to it. If we're all noticing him and talking about him, chances are, so are others.

There's so much uncertainty in the NHL draft. I'd be fine with Willander at 13 personally, because I think he can be a good top 4 NHL defenseman based on what I've seen.

He's got the toolset for sure. He may be the better overall defenseman from the Swedes, ASP included.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Reactions: Weltschmerz

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Anyone see Buttons list for May. I get he bases it off of international play but he has lost his mind

Benson at 14
ASP at 5
Willander at 8
Reinbacher at 24
Moore at 17

Reactions: Weltschmerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad