2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I think Benson goes at 6 to AZ. Pair him with teammate Geekie.

I think Detroit and Vancouver are good fits for Reinbacher and ASP. Both could use another RHD in their top 4 long term. Not getting my hopes up as both could easily be gone by 13. We would almost be guaranteed one of Wood, Leonard, or Sale being there at 13 if this happened.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I think Detroit and Vancouver are good fits for Reinbacher and ASP. Both could use another RHD in their top 4 long term. Not getting my hopes up as both could easily be gone by 13. We would almost be guaranteed one of Wood, Leonard, or Sale being there at 13 if this happened.

Arizona really has the spot to be the spoiler. They potentially get someone who comes out of the "Next Four" or nearly the top of the 6-10 gaggle while still having the ability to step up to take Reinbacher at 12 right before Buffalo drafts. Prepare for the discomfort now.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Reinbacher won’t make it to 12. Teams don’t wait on RHD. They always go earlier than expected…and 12 is already pretty much the lowest he’d go.

Reactions: Zman5778

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
There are so many good players that if someone goes off the board in the top 12 one hell of a player will fall into our laps.
LX0t.gif

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Probably be a reach on But at 13, maybe a trade down to grab him and Strbak?

Wonder if St Louis might consider something around Buffalo's 1st and 2nd (or the Philly 2nd) for the Dallas and Toronto 1sts.
For what it's worth, Pronman has But going 23rd in his mock draft and says most of the evaluators he talks to have him rated a lot higher. If Buffalo doesn't use that pick to in some way get a dman, he's the guy I would target. Big upside.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Between Arizona, Vancouver, Detroit, and St. Louis, I would be willing to bet ASP and Reinbacher are gone.

Assuming Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith, Benson, Moore, Dvorsky, Reinbacher, ASP that leaves two of Leonard/Wood/Sale/Cristall available at our pick.

Would love if we could go BPA at 13 then use 39 and 45 to get back into the 1st for Simashev. I don’t think Simashev is good value at 13, but trading up somewhere between 15-20 for him would be nice.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

IDK I feel like Detroit has their Dahlin and Power and could use more skill in the forward ranks. Don't get me wrong, their team D sucks but I bet Y would rather use a high pick on forward. Van needs everything.

I think one of those 3 forwards could drop to us. I think Wood could improve his skating amongst other things. I think he's still a bit raw. I wouldn't expect Leonard to improve much besides growing into a man but I like him a lot. The development program seems to polish guys well. Sale I'm just not completely sold on. I wouldn't be mad about it but I don't think he's had the consistent upward trajectory that Adam's team looks for.

Reactions: The Blunder Years

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Cristall has slider written all over him. He's a gamble. Maybe I'm wrong but people don't like to take those chances with high picks. You're a perennial playoff team? Hell yeah take a swing for the fences.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
IDK I feel like Detroit has their Dahlin and Power and could use more skill in the forward ranks. Don't get me wrong, their team D sucks but I bet Y would rather use a high pick on forward. Van needs everything.

I think one of those 3 forwards could drop to us. I think Wood could improve his skating amongst other things. I think he's still a bit raw. I wouldn't expect Leonard to improve much besides growing into a man but I like him a lot. The development program seems to polish guys well. Sale I'm just not completely sold on. I wouldn't be mad about it but I don't think he's had the consistent upward trajectory that Adam's team looks for.
I’m glad you mentioned that last part. The other day I was thinking about how Adams has almost exclusively drafted risers in the 1st round.

I think Detroit adding ASP/Reinbacher to Seider, Edvinsson, and Wallinder would give them a killer top 4 going forward, but definitely do need some firepower forward prospects.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
The more I read, and the more mock drafts that come out, I'm starting to join the "trade back or trade for a reliable defenseman" contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad