2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’m starting to think that my dream scenario is somebody else takes Perrault and Pellikka before us. This would guarantee a player falls that have in my 3rd tier.
1 Bedard
2 Fantilli, Michkov, Carlson, Benson, Smith
3 Leonard, Reinbacher, Barlow, Simashev, Dvorsky

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just don’t trust Moore to not be that type of player I loathe watching. The all speed doesn’t use his linemates turnover machine. The Lysell.

Reactions: Slangston

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I just don’t trust Moore to not be that type of player I loathe watching. The all speed doesn’t use his linemates turnover machine. The Lysell.
I don't remember Lysell well, but is he as competetive as Moore? Also Moore center, with a good work ethic and leadership qualities. I understand that he may not have a high ceiling, but I think he could be very useful and a good player in our top 9. Skating, speed and shot he has, add to that his work ethic, leadership, and competitiveness and it could be a good mix. If anything, Granato could probably pump him up even more and find him a good role.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Moore isn't like that right now, at least looking from draft year and subsequent stuff for Lysell. Moore is an excellent skater, maybe more like what Jack Roslovic was supposed to become, but he regularly is making the right play and in the right spot. There also isn't the unbearable selfishness that marks Lysell's game - Moore is good at finding his linemates and putting them in a good position after he wins the puck.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Moore isn't like that right now, at least looking from draft year and subsequent stuff for Lysell. Moore is an excellent skater, maybe more like what Jack Roslovic was supposed to become, but he regularly is making the right play and in the right spot. There also isn't the unbearable selfishness that marks Lysell's game - Moore is good at finding his linemates and putting them in a good position after he wins the puck.
Well…no one is Lysell level of selfishness. It could just be the linemates. He got the leftovers.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Someone like Gulyayev could be there at 39. Do you take him?
I still think they’re going to trade back into the bottom of the first for something falling. They’re staring at taking 30 players in three years while having many spots locked up long term on the roster already. Analytics would say don’t trade up…but at some point there might/will be a Peterka like player they have sticking off the board and they can’t keep everyone.

If you can find some of the games where the Program looked to rally, they would put Moore and Leonard on the ice together and turn things around.
This is what I’d like to see for sure. I do like that he’s going to Minnesota. Should be a great development curve in a good program. Cooley is there for a year above him and then he replaces him when he leaves. He’s a player in my “fine with it” bucket. I just like other guys more.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still think they’re going to trade back into the bottom of the first for something falling. They’re staring at taking 30 players in three years while having many spots locked up long term on the roster already. Analytics would say don’t trade up…but at some point there might/will be a Peterka like player they have sticking off the board and they can’t keep everyone.

This is what I’d like to see for sure. I do like that he’s going to Minnesota. Should be a great development curve in a good program. Cooley is there for a year above him and then he replaces him when he leaves. He’s a player in my “fine with it” bucket. I just like other guys more.

I'm in the "fine" category about 10 guys right now, even Musty. We'll see how it works out.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I want nothing to do with Benson at 13. We have Rosen, Poltapov, Neuchev, Kisakov and Kulich as small wingers competing for a spot. I don’t care about his chemistry with Savoie, because I don’t want two small people on a line.

I’d rather they draft ASP over Benson, and I hate ASP.
I am always advocating for more size but you cannot pass on Benson (especially for ASP).

Reactions: elchud

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm in the "fine" category about 10 guys right now, even Musty. We'll see how it works out.
I’m fine with Musty too. I didn’t think I would end up there…but I did.

Unless Benson drops or Simashev is there it feels like a draft where I‘ll know who I want when we’re on the board and not a moment sooner. It’s like when they say to flip a coin when you can’t decide…you’ll know what you really want while the coin is in the air.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
On this mornings Sabres Live mock Bakes has 11 Van - Willander, 12 Az - Benson,
Pellika, Bakes loves Simachev but has the Sabres following their "pattern" and taking Pellika for the talent and fit. He said Pellika could be 85% of Makar. He also mentioned he thinks the Sabres like Moore (speed, says he is this years Boldy) and getting a bigger Dman (ie Bonk, Strbek) later in the draft
I will post the audio when it's up later.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
On this mornings Sabres Live mock Bakes has 11 Van - Willander, 12 Az - Benson,
Pellika, Bakes loves Simachev but has the Sabres following their "pattern" and taking Pellika for the talent. He said Pellika could be 85% of Makar. He also mentioned he thinks the Sabres like Moore (speed, says he is this years Boldy) and getting a bigger Dman (ie Bonk, Strbek) later in the draft
I will post the audio when it's up later.
Or next Brannstrom :naughty:

ASP so ASP

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
So today is the day Baker becomes my enemy
Wasn’t his pick, was the pick he thinks Buffalo will make. IQ + compete + fit he said ASP has all of those things so he’s a Sabres type pick.

I was working out when i was listening but i think he also said ASP showed up to the combine a lot bigger than most realized? @ValJamesDuex can confirm maybe?

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If anyone in the world really believed that ASP could be 85% of Makar he isn’t on the board at 13. He isn’t on the board at 3.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Wasn’t his pick, was the pick he thinks Buffalo will make. IQ + compete + fit he said ASP has all of those things so he’s a Sabres type pick.

I was working out when i was listening but i think he also said ASP showed up to the combine a lot bigger than most realized? @ValJamesDuex can confirm maybe?
Was expected to be 5’9”, 170, showed up 5’11”, 180.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad