2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If the team keeps this up by trade deadline our 1st might be more useful in getting a top 4 rhd for power
I think our 1st could be available now if it is protected (lately 1st often traded with protected). If there is a right guy with term, then why not.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think our 1st could be available now if it is protected (lately 1st often traded with protected). If there is a right guy with term, then why not.
Only guy i could think of though would be tanev if he was younger I'm not sure what rhd would be available in the 24-28 age range that could fit with our core

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Only guy i could think of though would be tanev if he was younger I'm not sure what rhd would be available in the 24-28 age range that could fit with our core
We definitely don't need to spend 1st thoughtlessly.

Maybe:

Pionk
Parayko
Fabbro/Carrier
Murphy
Peeke
Durzi

Probably not even all of these guys need trade our 1st.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
We definitely don't need to spend 1st thoughtlessly.

Maybe:

Pionk
Parayko
Fabbro/Carrier
Murphy
Peeke
Durzi

Probably not even all of these guys need trade our 1st.
Murphy would probably be the cheapest get and have the vet presence fabbro might cost the most and parayko would be fun to add another giant those players make the most sense and the others are viable options

Reactions: Fjordy

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Buffalo won't be bad enough to draft him
If things end up like Wheeler has right now, the Sabres could have an interesting debate:

20. Cameron Allen — RHD, Guelph Storm, 5-foot-11

Allen, the No. 3 pick in the 2021 OHL Priority Draft, won the OHL’s Rookie of the Year Award last season after a 13-goal, 37-point season and captained Canada to gold with a point-per-game showing at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup despite not being their PP1 QB. He contributed at both ends for the Storm right away, driving strong underlying results in both goal and shot differential. But after looking really good in my first couple of viewings this season, he didn’t play within himself in my last couple of viewings and that left me a little sour on him (though he’s definitely owed more on the scoresheet than he has to show for it thus far).

Allen is a mobile, active defenceman who is at his best when he’s pushing off the line, looking to make something happen in control, going to the net when there’s an opening, and attacking into his own looks (he sits second among all OHL defencemen in shots on goal behind only Kraken prospect Ty Nelson at the moment). He’s also a strong, sturdy, athletic, physically mature kid who defends at a high level when he’s playing with confidence and aggression (though it can also occasionally get him in trouble when his time is off), wins the majority of his battles, plays tight gaps, and rises to the physical challenge in man-to-man coverage.

When he’s on, he can really drive and control play. I’d like to see him make better choices at times, though.

22. Quentin Musty — LW, Sudbury Wolves, 6-foot-2

The top pick in the 2021 OHL Priority Selection, Musty is one the focal points of the Wolves’ offence and their leader so far this season in shots on goal (following up on a strong showing at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup this summer). He’s a big, strong, sturdy, athletic net-driven winger with slick puckhandling skill one-on-one and a balanced skater’s stride. He can unload from his hip into a heavy snapshot or drop and drive the net into a tuck play in tight. There’s a lot to like. He’s great along the wall on the cycle, but he can also occasionally make a play that pulls you out of your seat. The raw potential is there in spades and the production is starting to catch up to it.

He’s got time to put it all together given his summer birthday, too. There was a time when folks thought Musty was the best American-born 2005 prospect and while that’s no longer the case I think the pendulum has debatably swung too far back in the other direction.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Michigan’s Adam Fantilli and St. Cloud State’s Dominic Basse have been named the first men’s Hockey Commissioners Association players of the month for the 2022-23 season.

Fantilli, the player and rookie of the month, leads the nation in scoring as he begins his freshman campaign at Michigan.

In eight games, he has eight goals and 10 assists for 18 points. He has at least one point in every game and recorded his first career hat trick on Oct. 21 at Lake Superior State. The following day, he tallied his first four-point game with a goal and three helpers.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Watch All NTDP Home Games Free of Charge Throughout the Rest of the 2022-23 Season!​

Throughout the remainder of the 2022-23 season, fans can watch all home games of the USA Hockey National Team Development Program at USA Hockey Arena live and free of charge.

Simply click the link below and enjoy all the action from USA Hockey Arena, including next week's U18 Five Nations Tournament. Please note that NTDP home games will no longer be available through FloHockey.tv.

Catch all the action at USAHockeyNTDP.com/watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad