NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
1695229127146.jpeg

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I thought any Bears “hype” during the off-season was pretty fanciful but even I didn’t see it falling off the rails this quickly. They might get throttled here in KC Sunday.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So it’s the coaching fault that Justin Fields, in a clean pocket with all the time in the world, can’t find an open receiver and refuses to run out of the pocket to gain yardage….its the coaches?

Yeah, sure there buddy.

Maybe work on your mechanics, reading a defense, escaping the pocket, etc all of the above.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Hunter S. Thompson sent a letter to Jim Irsay telling Jim to draft Leaf over Manning. I'm not kidding.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If coaches are telling him to run less and in his head about it then that's an issue because it's his biggest strength but this is the third straight year of people other than Fields being blamed for Fields' play. This also might be the first time I've ever heard people talk about a QB having too much time to "think" as a bad thing. I've seen enough to draw my conclusion on Fields as a QB.

Good thing for the Bears is that they have their own and the Panthers 1st round pick next year to start fresh.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If coaches are telling him to run less and in his head about it then that's an issue because it's his biggest strength but this is the third straight year of people other than Fields being blamed for Fields' play. This also might be the first time I've ever heard people talk about a QB having too much time to "think" as a bad thing. I've seen enough to draw my conclusion on Fields as a QB.

Good thing for the Bears is that they have their own and the Panthers 1st round pick next year to start fresh.
There are plenty of options in this upcoming draft but let’s also be real here. Only so many that will have the impact of a Burrow, Allen, Herbert from recent years.

Most will end up being younger versions of Jimmy G, Carr, Tanny, Cousins, etc middle of the pack QBs. Just at a lower cost than the current versions.

Plus Chicago is cold and windy in the second half of the season. So QBs without big arms can they succeed there in Nov and Dec?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I am not fan of carrying only 2 QB's

I am old school and would dress 3 QB's if I was coach

Most teams do not carry 3QBs on main roster. Maybe 1/3 do because they have a young one who is t ready for action so they need a veteran Backup and the youngster is too good to risk placing on the PS.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I think it's possible Fields may be out of the NFL before Trubisky.

Also thought it would have been wise for Chicago to explore taking a QB in the draft this year. Unless they really believe they have a shot for the #1 pick again. Which they just might.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fields started the day blaming coaching (partly) and then came back and blamed the media for taking those comments (where he blamed coaching) out of context. Good times in Chicago.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Fields started the day blaming coaching (partly) and then came back and blamed the media for taking those comments (where he blamed coaching) out of context. Good times in Chicago.

Lmao, he put the coaching staff on blast because he wasn't in a stable situation to succeed. The Bears inability to develop a quarterback continues, looks like Fields will be another Ohio State QB bust if he doesn't figure this thing out.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Are these guys really that dumb and careless or are these women grabbing a Turkey baster or poking a hole in the rubber to try and get money

There was also that woman who had kids with like 5 different active nfl players, gross….and makes ya think

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's possible Fields may be out of the NFL before Trubisky.

Also thought it would have been wise for Chicago to explore taking a QB in the draft this year. Unless they really believe they have a shot for the #1 pick again. Which they just might.
If you’re planning to pick 1OV two years in a row, you’re planning to be fired.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Are these guys really that dumb and careless or are these women grabbing a Turkey baster or poking a hole in the rubber to try and get money

There was also that woman who had kids with like 5 different active nfl players, gross….and makes ya think

It's a high testosterone sport played by physically fit guys with likely high testosterone levels. In a sport that encourages beating each other up. Beating each other up isn't the same as copulation, but the same hormone does influence both behaviors.

Doesn't excuse them, but it explains why they hammer a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad