NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone seen the stuff about Caleb Williams' dad talking about him staying in school another year if the 1OA picking team is dogshit?
It wasn’t even entirely about that. He also said Caleb would be better off going undrafted than going 1OA. If he holds out, or stays in school, then that’s what he does. But that was more interesting to me.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Anyone seen the stuff about Caleb Williams' dad talking about him staying in school another year if the 1OA picking team is dogshit?
He’s making enough NIL money that he doesn’t need to see his NFL career ruined by ending up in Arizona.

Hello AI Jerry, how many children do you have?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Corral is out, Zappe is back in.
Did Corral not get claimed via waivers by NE? I thought that there were rules that if you claimed a player off waivers during the cutdown period that you had to keep them on the 53 man roster for the first 3 weeks of the season.

Was that not the case for Corral?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did Corral not get claimed via waivers by NE? I thought that there were rules that if you claimed a player off waivers during the cutdown period that you had to keep them on the 53 man roster for the first 3 weeks of the season.

I think that might only be if you steal someone else’s practice squader.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

He's been put on the Reserve/Left Squad list, he hasn't shown up the last 2 days, hopefully not some serious issue

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The NFL fired a writer, and he's suing claiming discrimination. He's including some shocking things in his complaint.

Trotter, who is African American, confronted Goodell about minority hiring - a topic he also broached with the Commissioner prior to Super Bowl LVI in 2022.

'You and other league officials have said that the league's commitment to diversity, equity inclusion extends beyond the sidelines and front offices and is applied to all aspects of the company,' Trotter said at Goodell's February press conference.

'I've worked at NFL Media for five years, during those five years we have never had a Black person in senior management in our newsroom,' continued Trotter. 'That's a problem because we cover a league, that according to league data, the player population is 60-70 percent Black, which means that there's no one who looks like these players at the table when decisions are being made about how they are covered.

'More concerning is that for a year-plus now we have not had a full-time Black employee on the news desk, which again is a problem because we cover a league whose player population is 60-70 percent Black.

'I asked you about these things last year and your answer was that the league had fallen short and you were going to review all of your policies and practices to try and improve this and yet a year later nothing has changed.'

Goodell did not offer many particulars.

'I do not know specifically about our media business, and I will check in again with our people, but I'm comfortable that we made significant progress across the league,' he said.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Some stadiums, that's not likely to be possible given the events. Seattle and Lumen field have 25 concerts/shows and 5 soccer matches scheduled during the NFL regular season with the Seahawks.

I get it for the ones like NY and Cincy that don't host anything else in the stadium during the NFL season aside from football games. Would have to pay for the better drainage if it wasn't configured for grass.

I've seen the new/renovated stadiums in Tottenheim and Man U. that lower the grass pitch and unveil another surface on top. But, however you remove the grass surface and return it back to the surface, it still depends on how many days it needs to sit and be left alone for the seams to seal up properly to ensure that players, be it European or American football can be safely played without increased risk of injury when players step/plant on or right near the seams.

Structurally speaking, your stadium needs to be configured to be like Arizona and LV who roll the grass outdoors. Need to have land for the grass to sit while you host a concert. Can't just roll it out to a parking lot. That doesn't really do anything since you need the lot for the fans at other events.
You can't suddenly convert sofi, Levis, Lumen field to be like that. Not sure that economically it would be feasible or even structurally possible.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Waller has talent but the guy has been injured a lot lately.

Talent only means something if you are on the field.

What drove me nuts last year is that Titans game, guy was dropping catches left and right and couldn’t make players nor block.

The Chiefs game happened where he got injured but after that, going on the parade route with his fiancé WNBA championship bus where he was seen jumping up and down/having a good time on a apparent ‘lower body injury’, then make shitty rap tracks for reasons.

Then he gets traded in the off-season, his now married wive claims McDaniels and the organization did him dirty, gets traded and gets all happy sappy on social media.

Now he’s back to being injured and not available.

Yeah, that was frustrating.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Tom has definitely gone under the knife since retiring, starting to get that creepy Wayne newton look to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad