NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
88% of 0-2 teams miss the playoffs.
With WC 3 & 17 game schedule we may need to redo those stats just to filter out the old results.
9-8 got Seattle into the PO. More margin for error when you can still go 9-6 and maybe make the PO.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Alot of us thought he had shit done back before he left NE but apparently according to a few recent articles with surgeons weighing in, it’s appears maybe not. Looks like it to me, though.
Figured he’d do similar treatments that Giselle would do during the marriage. He’s never been considered having rugged good looks which age well with grey hair and wrinkles.

Reactions: Barnum

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Figured he’d do similar treatments that Giselle would do during the marriage. He’s never been considered having rugged good looks which age well with grey hair and wrinkles.
It’s all weird to me, man. Humans, pets, animals, plants or mammals, getting injected with plastic or ass fat collagen is downright nutty narcissistic behavior.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anyone here catch the Jason Kelce documentary? I found it very insightful about what goes through a player's mind when they have played over a decade in the NFL.

The part that got me was when he was talking about weighing the pros and cons about continuing to play after the SB loss, the documentary had in the background sports talk shows discussing how he owes it to the team to make up his mind before free agency begins in mid March. All while Jason is talking about the pain his body is feeling.

You realize how quickly that no one really gives a darn about these player's health past their playing days.

Jason has a good head on his shoulders and will ultimately call it a career when he thinks its time, and he knows it's coming soon.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Anyone here catch the Jason Kelce documentary? I found it very insightful about what goes through a player's mind when they have played over a decade in the NFL.

The part that got me was when he was talking about weighing the pros and cons about continuing to play after the SB loss, the documentary had in the background sports talk shows discussing how he owes it to the team to make up his mind before free agency begins in mid March. All while Jason is talking about the pain his body is feeling.

You realize how quickly that no one really gives a darn about these player's health past their playing days.

Jason has a good head on his shoulders and will ultimately call it a career when he thinks its time, and he knows it's coming soon.

Transition to NFL media I can see, probably join the broadcast booth

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Transition to NFL media I can see, probably join the broadcast booth
Very good on the podcast with his brother.
He attended the nfl’s media training this past off season. Think he makes that transition to media as well. Either as a color guy or an analyst.

Definitely needs to follow the likes of Thomas, Gross, etc in dropping some weight. Probably should end up around Travis’s weight or under. He’s only 292 lbs while Thomas and Gross were both 310 lbs. will make it easier on the joints and be able to sit down and play with his kids.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Packers and Lions play a home and home Thursday series this season. Has this ever happened before?

@Marc the Habs Fan @GKJ Whoever...
On Thursdays only probably not, since playing Thursday games every week is such a recent thing.

If you asking for season series not played on any Sunday (or both on Friday or both on Saturday), it’s possible in the NFL maybe in the 50’s, and I’m sure it’s happened in the AFL where you had a few teams like the Patriots or Titans/Jets who had such difficult schedules.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Only the 1993 Cowboys, 2001 Patriots and '07 Giants have gone on to win the Super Bowl after losing their first two games.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
QB fakes holding the ball and gets tackled. It's a funny one to call a penalty on because the defender did exactly what the play was designed for him to do.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I can't wait for the Staubach/Griese Memorial SB. @PanthersPens62

Edit: Is Sean Payton quietly happy to be non-intentionally losing for a top 10 draft pick?

Edit: I love the way Belichick keeps the flag in his sock. It's so sandlot. :laugh:

Edit: Is Ryan Fitzpatrick's wife the happiest woman on Earth because he brings the Fitz Magic to the bedroom?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
QB fakes holding the ball and gets tackled. It's a funny one to call a penalty on because the defender did exactly what the play was designed for him to do.
Yet, at the same time, its a funny one to not get fined/suspended for because he hit an unsuspecting player that was out of the play as hard as he could.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yet, at the same time, its a funny one to not get fined/suspended for because he hit an unsuspecting player that was out of the play as hard as he could.
Could tell by his reaction, he thought he got the sack. This is a 4th year player. I mean, if the QB is unsuspecting, the goal should be to also swipe at the ball to cause a fumble.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Advanced stats are fun

Only surprise is how low NE is. Figured they'd be in the GB range with Brady all those years. Chicago seems high relative to the overall record these 15 years. Saints with Brees seems a tad low. Can't argue with anyone in the 10 appearances or less groupings. Jax, no surprise. You need to have had a good year and a solid QB to get put on SNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad