2023 iihf womens worlds..

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Hilary Knight - from hero to (not quite) zero.

PP for Canada is garbage thus far.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I hate the shootout.

This game has not been well organized. Everything is taking forever.

1 - 1 in shootout.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Stop with the lame dekes and shoot the puck.

First shot went in for both teams, then nothing... Round 9 upcoming.

Canada wins. Well deserved but I would have preferred a loss - the chip on the team's shoulder would have been HUGE going into the playoffs.

Anemia

aka lack of Iron Man
Apr 24, 2007
Great White North
Hard to say what was worse. The officiating, the commentating, inability to run a scoreboard, taking 10 minutes on an off side review and getting it wrong. If you needed any more evidence why no one cares about women's hockey.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Hard to say what was worse. The officiating, the commentating, inability to run a scoreboard, taking 10 minutes on an off side review and getting it wrong. If you needed any more evidence why no one cares about women's hockey.
Sad but true.

Women's hockey shot themselves in the foot last night.

How do you possibly get that offside review wrong? I mean come on lol
Exactly. She was a MILE off side - she wasn't even close to being onside.

The game was cringeworthy on so many levels.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the Swiss are happy to lose and get Japan... we win and get Finland.

Finland is 3rd ranked in the world and in the B pool. This is stupid!

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Last night's game was a bleep show. A mess on so many levels.

They want people to watch women's hockey, they want people to care, then they do everything in their power to make you want to change the channel.

I guess it is what it is - we either accept it or watch something else.

Reactions: Czechboy

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017

Well the Finns botched their 2022 campaign and finished 6th. Women WC groups are based on the previous year's results, not world ranking.
That is shocking to me... I remember they were going to Olympics and we hadn't even qualifed. Just thought they were always there. Hope they get back!
Tomčíková was the difference between a decent team and a great one. So when she retired at 25 from international hockey, Slovakia went down.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Women WC groups are based on the previous year's results, not world ranking.
Which would be fine if the pools weren't based on rankings. But the pools are meant to be the 5 strongest teams and the 5 weaker teams. That's not happening, it's definitely not happening here. I don't think anyone could argue the Finn's aren't Top 5 in the World? I'd argue they are 3.

It'll make for a great quarter I guess. Japan has yet to win a game here and have a more favorable quarter.

Czech vs Finn quarter coming up... again.lol

Reactions: FrHockeyFan

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Which would be fine if the pools weren't based on rankings. But the pools are meant to be the 5 strongest teams and the 5 weaker teams. That's not happening, it's definitely not happening here. I don't think anyone could argue the Finn's aren't Top 5 in the World? I'd argue they are 3.

It'll make for a great quarter I guess. Japan has yet to win a game here and have a more favorable quarter.

Czech vs Finn quarter coming up... again.lol
No one is arguing the Finns are better. But the groups are based on a single tournament's results and they f....d up last year by losing to Czechia and Japan and can only blame themselves. Could have been worse as Hungary push them into OT in-between.

I'm not a fan of that format but it is what it is... at least we didn't see Canada and/or USA sending France to the shadow realm.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs started strong.. up 7-1 on shots and a PP. But 0-0 and now Finn Ladies are coming back.

I think Finland is better but I think we are very competitive with them. More even than the men's game.

Still pissed we are playing each other while Japan and Switzerland play each other.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finn ladies up 1-0 on a nice goal. Czechs control, Finn's hang on and eventually score. Where have I seen this before. Now they have a lead and either win 1-0 or it goes to OT after 40 painful minutes and eventually tying it up. Sweet goal! Not sure why 2 Finn's were allowed in front of the goalie though... Czech D at it's finest in both genders.haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Zero complaints about lineup or coach. Finn's on PP coming up... They score here and it's over. Shots are now even, Finn's have a lead and a PP.. they're flying!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
They did it!

2-1.. again.

Should clear the way for a favorable bronze match!

our starter (who is awesome) was not available and we did it with the backup who played outstanding.

Nice surprise.. I had the Finn's as the fav.

We've now beat Japan, Swiss and Finn's in this tourney... Have a few teenagers on the team too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad