GDT: 2023 Draft- do we draft in the first round?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
7r05uj.jpg

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
so far 4 Russians, 3 NCAA guys, and an SHL guy. Nobody that will have to be signed any time in the next 2 seasons. Hopefully not a sign that they're expecting the AHL shitshow to be a long-term thing.
Where do you think they land with AHL team in 2024-2025 DaveG?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
All of them?

Geez I didn’t realize we did it last year too.
last year was 4 russians, 2 other european players and then 1 kid going to college

21 draft we had 13 picks, 3 of them were CHLers but 10 were Euros or kids going to college

it looks like we had a plan starting last draft.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
last year was 4 russians, 2 other european players and then 1 kid going to college

21 draft we had 13 picks, 3 of them were CHLers but 10 were Euros or kids going to college

it looks like we had a plan starting last draft.
It’s an interesting plan, with the timing what’s been going on with our AHL team during that time. Clearly we want them developed as long as possible somewhere else.

I keep hoping there’s a grand plan with developing players that just hasn’t been revealed to us yet.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If we’re passing up quality CHL players to take a lesser player that fits this current mood for whatever reason we’re doing it, can’t say I’m a fan.

I suppose in the later rounds you can use the justification that they’re all just darts after the first and aren’t that different from each other. The Russian thing is starting to get old though.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If we’re passing up quality CHL players to take a lesser player that fits this current mood for whatever reason we’re doing it, can’t say I’m a fan.

I suppose in the later rounds you can use the justification that they’re all just darts after the first and aren’t that different from each other. The Russian thing is starting to get old though.
it may be we just want to get a longer read on the prospect before we have to sign them or lose them. College players and Euros allow us to get the longest look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad