Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So based on that list, right defensemen who may fit out need based purely on position and size:
- Alec Regula (BOS); 6'4" 208Ibs
- Dylan Coghlan (CAR); 6'2" 208Ibs
- Marcus Bjork (CBJ); 6'3" 203Ibs
- Philip Kemp (EDM) 6'3" 202Ibs
- Cal Foote (NJ) 6'5" 224Ibs

I haven't watched any of these players really so I have no idea if they are any good. Regula played for the Blackhawks before. Coghlan played for Vegas, and Foote may have a famous father or something. Kemp is a 7th rounder who has been in the AHL. Bjork is a former SHL player who got 33 games with that terrible Blue Jackets team (he has no connection to CMac or Bednar).
I wouldnnt hate Coghlan.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
AJ is saying Wood-Colton-Tatar don’t have much chemistry so far playing together in training camp because they’re similar, all 3 of them are shoot first type of players. That line probably needs a playmaker. I’m not sure if you can label Lehkonen as a playmaker, but maybe he should be on the 3rd line with Wood and Colton, Tatar on 2nd line

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
AJ is saying Wood-Colton-Tatar don’t have much chemistry so far playing together in training camp because they’re similar, all 3 of them are shoot first type of players. That line probably needs a playmaker. I’m not sure if you can label Lehkonen as a playmaker, but maybe he should be on the 3rd line with Wood and Colton, Tatar on 2nd line
We only have 2 play making wingers: Rants and Drouin.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We only have 2 play making wingers: Rants and Drouin.
True, but I don’t think you can put Mikko or Drouin on the 3rd line. Definitely not Mikko, and Drouin probably needs to play with more talent to try to break out. Kovalenko possibly can make a difference on that 3rd line because he’s a good passer and a guy that plays with grit.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
So based on that list, right defensemen who may fit out need based purely on position and size:
- Alec Regula (BOS); 6'4" 208Ibs
- Dylan Coghlan (CAR); 6'2" 208Ibs
- Marcus Bjork (CBJ); 6'3" 203Ibs
- Philip Kemp (EDM) 6'3" 202Ibs
- Cal Foote (NJ) 6'5" 224Ibs

I haven't watched any of these players really so I have no idea if they are any good. Regula played for the Blackhawks before. Coghlan played for Vegas, and Foote may have a famous father or something. Kemp is a 7th rounder who has been in the AHL. Bjork is a former SHL player who got 33 games with that terrible Blue Jackets team (he has no connection to CMac or Bednar).

I want Regula as an unbiased London Knights fan

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looks like someone already did the work:
The problem is this list is too young, if you wants the Avs options it needs to be 25+

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This conflicts with other people saying Tatar and Colton have shown immediate chemistry.

We also know AJ. He has connections but good lord does he not know the game of hockey whatsoever. Any time he speaks about it he sounds like a moron. I never listen to a word he says.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This conflicts with other people saying Tatar and Colton have shown immediate chemistry.

We also know AJ. He has connections but good lord does he not know the game of hockey whatsoever. Any time he speaks about it he sounds like a moron. I never listen to a word he says.
I agree. I also don’t take much from what AJ says, but he’s out there watching the camp I guess and we don’t really get to see what’s going on.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Also, Colton is supposed to have some playmaking ability.

It's a brand new line with three players both learning each other and a new system.

Yeah chemistry might happen in some microcosm moments and plays, but it's going to take a minute.

Mikko and Nate didn't really have natural chemistry at first either.

AJ likes his hot takes and snap judgments. The dude is an emotional mess and he brings it right to his analysis and commentary. Some people like it, but it's casual fans. Same reason Dater has fans.

People love to have their opinions and not needing to live in reality. Just find others with the same opinion and it's fact.

That whole crew annoys the shit out of me.

Jessy is tolerable sometimes, that's about as far as I'd go. It can't be long before what's her face finds a much better opportunity. They better be paying her well, she makes them all look like fools by comparison lol.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also, Colton is supposed to have some playmaking ability.

It's a brand new line with three players both learning each other and a new system.

Yeah chemistry might happen in some microcosm moments and plays, but it's going to take a minute.

Mikko and Nate didn't really have natural chemistry at first either.

AJ likes his hot takes and snap judgments. The dude is an emotional mess and he brings it right to his analysis and commentary. Some people like it, but it's casual fans. Same reason Dater has fans.

People love to have their opinions and not needing to live in reality. Just find others with the same opinion and it's fact.

That whole crew annoys the shit out of me.

Jessy is tolerable sometimes, that's about as far as I'd go. It can't be long before what's her face finds a much better opportunity. They better be paying her well, she makes them all look like fools by comparison lol.
I give it a year before Meghan is either on Altitude or some other sports network entirely.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jessy is tolerable sometimes, that's about as far as I'd go.
Jesse is no longer with them.

I give it a year before Meghan is either on Altitude or some other sports network entirely.
Her and Eric Lacroix are pretty good TBH. Personally I don't mind AJ most of the time. Rudo on the other hand...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
AJ is correct that the line was very meh for the entire training camp. Not bad or awful, but got outplayed by younger and more shapeshifted lines for me.

E: It should be mentioned though that these are just drills with few actual scrimmage-like scenarios.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Fits the always injured profile too
Yes he does. I wouldn’t mind having him back but they have to know he would get claimed. If he truly is below Liljegren on the depth charts for RD then they probably try to trade him for something. Maybe they roll with 7D in the lineup? There will be other options out there too of course but we would be smart to pick up another Dman.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Yes he does. I wouldn’t mind having him back but they have to know he would get claimed. If he truly is below Liljegren on the depth charts for RD then they probably try to trade him for something. Maybe they roll with 7D in the lineup? There will be other options out there too of course but we would be smart to pick up another Dman.
Toronto is one of the better teams in the league at not losing assets for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad