Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Honestly, how does RyJo not have a good bounce back season playing with those two? It seems nearly impossible.

These are the obvious lines too. As are Drouin and Val starting the season with Nate.

Both those lines are going to be fire imo.

Then the crash and bang Colton/Wood/LOC/Kovalenko roll over the boards for the 3rd line.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Both those lines are going to be fire imo.

Then the crash and bang Colton/Wood/LOC/Kovalenko roll over the boards for the 3rd line.

Yeah and a Wood-Colton-Kovalenko line has a lot of promise as well. Very complimentary players and skillsets that can all play a gritty game on the forecheck and around the crease, and also put the puck in the net.

Cogs and LOC are safe bets to have solid 4th line seasons if they're healthy. All they'd need is for Pavel or Meyers to play ok at 4C and they have the potential for 4 good lines in a healthy lineup even without factoring in Landy or deadline additions.

Though I'm sure their depth will be tested with injuries again. All that matters is that they can get relatively healthy by the playoffs though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We don't know if he is. Everyone is speculating he is based off one tweet that says he had some Avs staff adjust something he was wearing.

Hopefully it's just a precaution. He was clearly just getting back to skating yesterday. That's why they were monitoring him with a device. He probably just rested his ankle most of the summer and didn't skate much if at all.

Today looked like it was high paced drills and scrimmages. Not really something you want a guy coming off a high ankle sprain to jump into on the first or second day, when he kept re-injuring it last year.

Doesn't look like Cale, Nate, Val, or Girard (?) have even skated yet. Not sure if Drouin skated today either after skating the other day.

So there shouldn't be an expectation that Manson has to go two days in a row for optional skates this early before camp has even started.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Manson ends up permanently on LTIR I won't cry but finding someone else to play his role sure won't be easy. A right-handed defenseman with size who can play top 4 minutes and has a mean side. Good luck.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
If Manson ends up permanently on LTIR I won't cry but finding someone else to play his role sure won't be easy. A right-handed defenseman with size who can play top 4 minutes and has a mean side. Good luck.
I was about to ask who could be a potential Manson replacement if he does end up on LTIR. First person coming to mind is kind of a big fish, Pesce. Carolina has been rumored to be moving him all summer and thought I remember LeBrun linking Avs to him. Demelo, Benning. Do Avs look at the logjam in CBJ and ask about Peeke/Blankenburg?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I was about to ask who could be a potential Manson replacement if he does end up on LTIR. First person coming to mind is kind of a big fish, Pesce. Carolina has been rumored to be moving him all summer and thought I remember LeBrun linking Avs to him. Demelo, Benning. Do Avs look at the logjam in CBJ and ask about Peeke/Blankenburg?
I like Pesce but he'd be a rental and would cost a 1st+. Also he's the opposite of mean.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He centered a line with Duchene and Forsberg in Nashville. Not too shabby.

Not on the Avalanche. On the team that never built a good team culture IMO and never won anything as a result. He also had an ankle injury last year.

Not sure about Forsberg, but there's a decent chance Duchene would just reinforce his bad habits too and not do much to motivate him. Like his taxi rant with the younger players in Ottawa.

Lehky and Mikko, as well as Nate, Cale, Gabe, Cogs, etc will promote positive habits and a positive mindset to motivate him and the team like they always do.

This Avs team also has a Stanley Cup culture again, have a strong legacy of excellence from their Cups in the past, and don't expect anything less.

That wasn't the case in Nashville, where they haven't made it past the first round in the last five years, and only past the first round 5 times in 24 years, and only past the second round once.

A losing culture can give a player an excuse not to try as hard. A winning culture can bring out the best in a player.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I like Pesce but he'd be a rental and would cost a 1st+. Also he's the opposite of mean.
None of who I said are necessarily mean. I was more so looking at RHD that could be moved and in rumor mill or on teams not gonna make playoffs and would be dumb of their teams to keep them

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tyler Myers :sarcasm:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Our management just has to sort dmans hits and shot blocked in NHL.com. Boom we got our guy :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad