Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If we go back a few years, we’d see people trumpet how awesome the stats community is and their prognostications are the best. Today, they are just calculations and don’t mean anything. The difference… where the Avs are projected. :laugh:

This is 100% patently false. So obviously false it would seem like it was knowingly false when it was said. Analytics have always been in dispute here among many people, as to how much stock to put into them.

There have been countless discussions for a decade here on the true value of analytics and analytics fans always took issue with this, and are now trying to rewrite history that they they were trumpeted as awesome, and only criticized now that they they went against the Avs.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Of course not all people. I just remember people using Dom and JFresh's models as the word of god at times... and now that they are not as favorable, they are just numbers.

As I stated earlier, I think 7th is fair. You could squabble a bit, but it isn't like it is so far off it is laughable. To pretend there are not questions on this team is flat out ignoring some pretty glaring ones. To pretend that the Avs suck is also far from the reality. The Avs went risk/reward in the summer and how that scale plays out will ultimately determine the success of the season.
Yep. That's why they play the games.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Realized from a main board thread that the Canucks sent Podkolzin down to the AHL...that's someone I'd love the Avs to take a flyer on if the Canucks ever give up. They already tried the AHL route with him last season, so it's not a good season he's going back down again. By all accounts a great work ethic and is well-liked by the staff; just has struggled with decision making and putting it all together. Screams a Nuke-type scenario to me where Vancouver has just mishandled his development.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Realized from a main board thread that the Canucks sent Podkolzin down to the AHL...that's someone I'd love the Avs to take a flyer on if the Canucks ever give up. They already tried the AHL route with him last season, so it's not a good season he's going back down again. By all accounts a great work ethic and is well-liked by the staff; just has struggled with decision making and putting it all together. Screams a Nuke-type scenario to me where Vancouver has just mishandled his development.
Podkolzin definitely fits the mould of the sort of hardworking forward the Avs have had success with lately. Vancouver will value him more than other teams though so they'll likely hang onto him until they're really forced to make a decision when his waiver exemption ends next summer.

Speaking of waivers, I wonder if Zboril will be waived this week (basically comes down to him vs Ian Mitchell as Boston's 7D). Maybe he'd finally find success on a new team with Bednar as coach?

Also LA has some interesting guys like Björnfot, Anderson-Dolan, and Moverare who are on the fringes of their roster. LA's cap situation means that they're essentially limited to a 21 man roster so it seems likely that at least one of those 3 guys will be waived this week, or maybe even 2 or all 3 if Englund and/or Spence take roster spots.

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Roy
Englund - Clarke*
(Björnfot, Spence*, Moverare)

* Waivers exempt

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This is 100% patently false. So obviously false it would seem like it was knowingly false when it was said. Analytics have always been in dispute here among many people, as to how much stock to put into them.

There have been countless discussions for a decade here on the true value of analytics and analytics fans always took issue with this, and are now trying to rewrite history that they they were trumpeted as awesome, and only criticized now that they they went against the Avs.
Not like it's much analysis anyway. Good way to hit your word count is just to regurgitate a bunch of stats and you don't have to revisit what you got wrong 9 months later.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'd still take a flyer on Foote. Our RHD depth is crap. I don't trust Manson's health, Malinski's skill or Hunt's advanced age. He young, big and can skate fast. I know he has a lot of holes in his game, but I'm more than fine with him developing with the Eagles this season.

Of course that's assuming he'd take a AHL contract. He's been cut twice now, so I'm assuming he'd be open to it.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd still take a flyer on Foote. Our RHD depth is crap. I don't trust Manson's health, Malinski's skill or Hunt's advanced age. He young, big and can skate fast. I know he has a lot of holes in his game, but I'm more than fine with him developing with the Eagles this season.

Of course that's assuming he'd take a AHL contract. He's been cut twice now, so I'm assuming he'd be open to it.
He's not UFA, he's already under contract. He has to go through waivers to be sent down. If we claim him and send him to the AHL he'd have to go through waivers again.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He's not UFA, he's already under contract. He has to go through waivers to be sent down. If we claim him and send him to the AHL he'd have to go through waivers again.
We should claim him and give him a shot in our last preseason game. I don't think anyone else would claim him if we wait until final cuts to send him down. His contact is only 800K.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad