Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
The comparables for Terry's contract are actually lower than I figured. Specifically mentions several comparables that are slightly sub 6m.
He's a unique case having broken out later in his development. I don't get the reasoning behind proposing a 4-year deal for this exercise though. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get 6+ years.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
He's a unique case having broken out later in his development. I don't get the reasoning behind proposing a 4-year deal for this exercise though. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get 6+ years.

Id be surprised if both he and Z dont get 8 year deals.

Id also be surprised if either of them was sub $7mil.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

If we can lock Terry in for 6-8 years 7-7.5m I'll be over the moon. Z is a lot harder to guess at since I'm pretty sure he's projecting as a fairly high-end first liner.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Id be surprised if both he and Z dont get 8 year deals.

Id also be surprised if either of them was sub $7mil.
8 years would be the hope. I think Terry would be pushing for that but I wouldn't be surprised if Z and his agent were looking for something shorter in order to bank on a higher AAV on a third contract after the cap starts going up.
If we can lock Terry in for 6-8 years 7-7.5m I'll be over the moon. Z is a lot harder to guess at since I'm pretty sure he's projecting as a fairly high-end first liner.
It's going to be tricky with Z for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if a deal still isn't hammered out by training camp.

Pretty sure PV is on record saying he doesn't like 8 year deals and after watching Det give Debrincat 4 years I'm kind of worried.
Was this in reference to Lindholm? Completely different circumstance.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
8 years would be the hope. I think Terry would be pushing for that but I wouldn't be surprised if Z and his agent were looking for something shorter in order to bank on a higher AAV on a third contract after the cap starts going up.

It's going to be tricky with Z for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if a deal still isn't hammered out by training camp.

Was this in reference to Lindholm? Completely different circumstance.
No, I think it was a general comment that he made, not sure where is was reported and im too Getzlaf to look for it. I know Yzerman has said the same. I could also see a bridge for Z and I honestly expect 6 years for T. Tampa bridged Kucherov. Under Yzerman and PV.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lock them both up long term. No Bridge crap. They know what‘s on the near horizon. Ducks have one of the best prospect pools in the league, and I think one more growing pain season will put them #1 , If they are not there already. I know their D pool has to be #1 now.

Only one who should be bridged is Drysdale.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Pretty sure PV is on record saying he doesn't like 8 year deals and after watching Det give Debrincat 4 years I'm kind of worried.

I think that statement was relative to age and ability, but you could be right. I thoroughly disagree with that stance, but we will see what happens.

The Debrincat deal could have also had something to do with the player and the fact that this is now his 3rd team. Terry and Z are both drafted by Anaheim and have slightly different circumstances surrounding them.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think that statement was relative to age and ability, but you could be right. I thoroughly disagree with that stance, but we will see what happens.

The Debrincat deal could have also had something to do with the player and the fact that this is now his 3rd team. Terry and Z are both drafted by Anaheim and have slightly different circumstances surrounding them.
Agree on all points. We'll see what we get. No previous deals to really base any expectations on yet. At least not with the Ducks.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Perhaps let's not rush with improving the roster with a defenseman? :laugh:

1690532199320.png

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
2021: 3rd
2023: 2nd
2024: ... 1st?

Either way we should still have somewhat decent odds at the lottery because our D will still be sus and a new coach always takes it's time to really get going. I want us to improve and I think I will but a lottery is a lottery so I'm still holding some excitement for that, even knowing the chances will be low.

Reactions: lwvs84

Grinner

May 31, 2022
How would you guys feel about a straight prospect for prospect trade?
Luneau for Haltunnen

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How would you guys feel about a straight prospect for prospect trade?
Luneau for Haltunnen
I like Haltunen, but we just passed on Haltunen in the draft by picking a lesser player than Luneau so I think our org would not do it at this point and I wouldn't blame them.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm kinda sure Terry will get 6-7 years...would be surprised if Z wants more than 4 years...he is gonna bet on himself and if everything goes to the plan and he becomes ppg player, in 4 years time, he is going for 10 mil.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
It's almost as if they haven't figured out "advanced stats" yet.
How does this model not consider past seasons in their evaluations of a player's worth? Any time you've got massive team regression, IMO it skews artificially more negative than actual for most of those players.

I'm sorry, but how does Vatrano's 22 goals and 19 assists come in at a "model value" of $0.8M? Sure, his +/- is one of the highest on the team, but in no way is that more his fault than any others.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad