Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
30 for 30 has done some great hockey Docs. I've personally watched King's Ransom; about the Gretzky trade to the Kings and Big Shot; John Spano's brazen "purchase" of the Islanders. Both were great. Looking forward to the Ducks one!

Reactions: Ducks DVM

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
While I'd like to see the ducks sign him long term, I think Zegras wants a bridge deal. Salary cap is about to go up A LOT and so will salaries for top players. Z strikes me as a guy who is going to bet on himself (which seems wise given his marketing/brand attributes). I think the ducks will have to overpay to lock him up. To get him to sign a long term deal, I could see him asking for $9M plus.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
While I'd like to see the ducks sign him long term, I think Zegras wants a bridge deal. Salary cap is about to go up A LOT and so will salaries for top players. Z strikes me as a guy who is going to bet on himself (which seems wise given his marketing/brand attributes). I think the ducks will have to overpay to lock him up. To get him to sign a long term deal, I could see him asking for $9M plus.
If cap is indeed going to 90+ in 4-5 years i have no problem with 9 mil contract.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If cap is indeed going to 90+ in 4-5 years i have no problem with 9 mil contract.
What if there's another pandemic and the cap stays the same again? What if Bettman takes his roster out and strokes it on live TV while celebrating a hat trick by a Sharks player, causing the league's reputation to crumble and the cap goes even lower?

A lot of things can happen, I hope Pat leverages that and signs a lower than 8M, which was what Jack Hughes got. Most important thing is that we sign a 8-year long contract tho. Tbh, I don't think Zegras has any leverage going 8+. Which is already a huge contract.

• Wow
Reactions: Ducks DVM

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
What if there's another pandemic and the cap stays the same again? What if Bettman takes his roster out and strokes it on live TV...

I've heard from a highly unreputable/imaginary source that the Illuminati made enough money from the last one that they're set for now. Might change of course.

Stroking the entire roster might take a while.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A fellow optimist, I see.

I've heard from a highly unreputable/imaginary source that the Illuminati made enough money from the last one that they're set for now. Might change of course.

Stroking the entire roster might take a while.

My point was more in line with that there could be many unforeseen events in the World that could impact it. Not that it's all calm and sunny right now out there on our planet (oh gosh, this is not even a hint to global warming, that too). Potential pandemic is probably not that likely in the near future but it's faaaaaaaaaaaaar from the only shit that could hit the fan. Excel table might show cap growing but there is this thing called "reality might kick in and disrupt it". I just hope Pat understands that and uses for his leverage. The exact opposite was Dubas when he gave out the Matthews, Marner, and Tavares contracts, lol. "don't worry, it will be fine mate, just sign here". And then a few moments later they're not even driving the bus in the playoffs and are handstrapped to add more meaningful peaces for the playoffs.

About the roster/rooster @anezthes haha, that'd be even crazier, yes. Gary would need to work
1686562701911.png

Reactions: anezthes

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Potential pandemic is probably not that likely in the near future
Actually, we're due a pretty bad pandemic with avian flu, considering it's spreading from mammal to mammal already. Only a matter of time until it mutates enough to spread in humans. 50% mammalian death rate too, as of right now. So, y'know, COVID could have just been the practice run.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I was thinking about how many players will produce 40+ points on the team. Could see Carlsson producing 40 if he plays a whole year. McTavish probably 50 to 60 points. Zegras 65 to 75. Terry 65 to 80. Vatrano and Strome could each reach 40. Fowler will have 40 or so. Henrique is gone before he reaches 40 points. Drysdale could reach 40 points.

So that could be a max of 8 players Not including Henrique hitting 40+ points, 3 at 50+. Zegras and Terry could take a leap forward and reach 75 to 80 points who knows.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Henrique-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Zegras-Lundestrom
Carlsson-Strome-Silfverberg
Jones-Groulx-McGinn
Leason
Carrick

Fowler-Gudas
Vaakanainen-Drysdale
LaCombe-White
Helleson

Gibson
Dostal

Last edited:
Reactions: ohcomeonref

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Forwards now with Killorn

Henrique-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Vatrano
Carlsson-Lundestrom-Strome
Jones-Groulx-Silfverberg
McGinn
Leason
Carrick
I'd bet Carlsson is in Sweden next year, and I don't see Groulx as any type of lock to make the team yet. I see...

Henrique-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Vatrano
Jones-Lundestrom-Strome
McGinn-Carrick-Silfverberg
Leason
Groulx

Reactions: Duck Off and Kalv

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I'd bet Carlsson is in Sweden next year, and I don't see Groulx as any type of lock to make the team yet. I see...

Henrique-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Vatrano
Jones-Lundestrom-Strome
McGinn-Carrick-Silfverberg
Leason
Groulx
I think carlson willl be in SD to start..

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad