Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
That’s a pretty telling quote there at the end. Stephen’s normally doesn’t say things like that so sounds like they’re at least holding a spot open for one of the kids.
Yah. Lacombe is in ili think. Look for zellweger or myntikov

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Believe me, I remember.

I wake up in a cold sweat remembering it.
Haha indeed. I still like the idea of Forbot but given the perceived desire to allow Lacombe every opportunity to make the team I think a RD is more important and if we are in on ADC then we can probably only really afford 1.

Reactions: Arthuros

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Gudas is a better PKer than every other defenseman on our roster, so that + dropping Shatt/Klingberg is a huge improvement.

Even though the pool of options to pick from was as shallow as can be, I think playing Shattenkirk on the PK so much was an Eakins error. Could not think of worse player to have on the PK. Even Klingberg could skate enough to be somewhat useful.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Better according to Eakins.
His goals against number actually support it.

Gudas is a better PKer than every other defenseman on our roster, so that + dropping Shatt/Klingberg is a huge improvement.

Even though the pool of options to pick from was as shallow as can be, I think playing Shattenkirk on the PK so much was an Eakins error. Could not think of worse player to have on the PK. Even Klingberg could skate enough to be somewhat useful.
Gudas and Fowler can't play the entire pk every PK.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Even though Klingberg was a disaster

I think a one year on Dumba, if possible, to flip at deadline would be a decent idea to shore things up until the kids can legit fill the roles

Reactions: robbieboy3686

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
What do people here think of Dumba on a 2-3 year deal? Or even a 1 year Klingberg type of deal?
I requires both sides to agree, and we have no idea what Dumba wants in the way of money and term. Given what the Ducks have in young defensemen, the Ducks do not want Dumba for more than two years or he will be blocking promotions from the Gulls.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We need defensemen who PK.

Last year: Fowler-Kulikov and Benoit-Shatty

This year: Fowler-Gudas and ??? - ???

I know LaCombe played on the PK and PP in the NCAA. With his willingness to block shots, hopefully the org can trust him to be on the PK. That way we're just missing one more PK player. Otherwise, we're missing two PK d-men.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
We need defensemen who PK.

Last year: Fowler-Kulikov and Benoit-Shatty

This year: Fowler-Gudas and ??? - ???

I know LaCombe played on the PK and PP in the NCAA. With his willingness to block shots, hopefully the org can trust him to be on the PK. That way we're just missing one more PK player. Otherwise, we're missing two PK d-men.
Gudas does like 10m of shtoi a game. He is a monster.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
With Terry our only RFA that filed for arbitration, what exactly does that mean for us? Does that mean Terry’s contract isn’t close and the others are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad