2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
well you best #buckleup... cuz Torts aint going anywere except to a position of EVEN more power....
giphy.gif

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So there's nothing definitive with Johansen. I've read stuff regarding Tortorella and him. It's not a pretty sight with people talking behind other's back and the like. Then one can go back to Tortorella and LeCavalier and it was another mess. That was so bad that when the Lightning won the Cup, they cut Tortorella out of the victory celebration that night. In NY, with the Rangers, he sat Richards in the final game of a seven game match and lost. That got him canned with the Rags. There's something weird going on here with Tortorella and the team's top player. If it happens once, that's one thing and maybe the player is the blame. When it happens twice it bears looking into. Now that it's happened a fourth time with Couturier, it's a very disturbing pattern.
I really fear that if Michkov comes over here, Tortorella will gut him like he seems to have done with others. I really don't want him around here any more. He's too confrontational for a team with young players that need to be developed on and off of the ice. His act of accountability for others but never himself just isn't acceptable.
Nothing new for most of us. But i like that more and more flyers fans are looking in the same direction! The shiny new toy isnt as shiny anymore!

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
depending on what TK wants and the offer is the indicator of trading him or not..8x10 he is gone

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Do you guys know what other RW led a John Tortorella team of scrubs in scoring with over 30 goals and 60 points at 27?

I love TK, but he‘s going to but I‘d rather his next big contract be someone else‘s burden.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
depending on what TK wants and the offer is the indicator of trading him or not..8x10 he is gone
Yeah, he's not worth that. That's point per game/40 goal scorer territory and he hasn't achieved that yet.
But he's the best player on the team and his contract should reflect that. So something between 8 and 8.5m would be fine.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
ASF talking about 10 5m for tk and justifying it? What a fool. If d extends him at that, he is as bad as Chuck at negotiating

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Are the beats all talking up $10 million + so they can then feign relief at "only" $9 million? Maybe Konecny deserves a huge contract, but that is when a smart team decides that contract isn't in their best interest and trades him for a good haul.

Especially when they are supposedly “rebuilding”

Reactions: BernieParent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You guys have been watching Konecny right? Of course he’s getting $10m. He’d easily get that in the market with the cap going up

Reactions: renberg and Danko

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Again, it’s not a matter of trading Konecny for picks or prospects you "hope become Konecny." It's trading him for picks or prospects that you hope become close to or better than Konecny, on cheaper contracts, in your actual window of contention. The only thing he does on this team right now is keep them riding that line of mediocrity.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Are the beats all talking up $10 million + so they can then feign relief at "only" $9 million? Maybe Konecny deserves a huge contract, but that is when a smart team decides that contract isn't in their best interest and trades him for a good haul.
What will be a good haul at this stage? Mid to late 1st, good prospect, and nhl player? Maybe a cap dump? Flyers should 100% retain on any TK trade. That is where the value increases a lot imo.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
You guys have been watching Konecny right? Of course he’s getting $10m. He’d easily get that in the market with the cap going up
You need the numbers to back it up though. He's a 70 point player right now. He brings more to the table than just points, but $10m is more than what Matthew Tkachuk makes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You need the numbers to back it up though. He's a 70 point player right now. He brings more to the table than just points, but $10m is more than what Matthew Tkachuk makes.
Tkachuk is also playing in a no tax state. He made a choice in a depressed cap world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad