Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I understand.

I just don’t get the vibe that it will be the same going forward?

I’m of the mind of letting them get thru the trade deadline and get the nerves out before I start to panic. Y’all might be right that it’s all doom and gloom. Or it’s a case of the dog days of summer and they will regroup for the stretch run.

Vancouver has lost 6 of 7. Vegas has lost 7 of 9. Bruins aren’t alone in this.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tyler Bertuzzi had 4 goals when the Bruins traded a 1st for him. Could be worth it for a team that wants to sign him.
Very good point here .If Donny really wants that Hanifin trade then acquiring a 1st would give him a leg up on Tampa at very least because we know they have no picks left in next decade :sarcasm: & Flames would surely want that 1st if its available.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’m of the mind of letting them get thru the trade deadline and get the nerves out before I start to panic. Y’all might be right that it’s all doom and gloom. Or it’s a case of the dog days of summer and they will regroup for the stretch run.

Gloomy days of winter lol I got what you were laying down .The Bruins look in disarray which worries me more then just losing a game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

At least he has the BALLZ to take on Milan to begin with. You've got to respect that kind of crazee.

probably not. But if Kuzy decides he doesn't want to report to the AHL maybe they come to a mutual termination.

Other then that the only way I take a flier on him in if the Caps pay for double retention, which would bring him cap hit to a smidge under 2mil.
Trade for him with Washington retaining and maybe find a third team if possible? I don't understand how that "third team" option works.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Yep now canes laid a big fart in Finland. They gonna do something especially goaltending.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can honestly say this is the first time in at least a decade where I dislike or truly don’t care about/have no connection to so many players.

Aside from Pasta, McAvoy, Marchand, both goalies, Frederic, and Lohrei, I wouldn’t care if I didn’t see any of them play again.
(Not counting guys in the minors, who I’ve rarely seen)

Aside from Lohrei, there are no young, up and comers.

Aside from Pasta, the goalies (maybe) and McAvoy there are no superstar quality players.

Aside from Marchand, no connection to the 2011 and 2013 teams.

Aside from Frederic, nobody who plays with any toughness, grit or intensity, and Frederic barely even qualifies.

I’m not overreacting to this dud of a game when I say that they need to develop an identity.
Oooh, I think that they are developing an identity, and it stinks.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How exactly does Hanifin have a deal in place with either TB or FLA if there is no trade framework agreed to? I may just be completely ignorant, but why would any team allow their player to negotiate a contract with another team prior to agreeing upon a return? It would completely tank Calgary’s leverage if there is an agreed contract, the trade falls through and no other team is willing to make a trade knowing the agreement in principal is in place and could just be signed July 1st. If the contract was agreed behind the scenes, is that not horribly blatant tampering?

If this were true and folks on message boards knew about it, you have to believe Calgary would and would be very pissed off and running to the league.
You are completely ignorant here yes

And I know you are a smart guy who knows ignorant is not an insult - there is stuff going on here and I got this 6 days ago and it’s fascinating watching the media slowly put this together - Weeks is getting warm

I’m not an insider just your usual shmuck but got a lot of buddies - most not on any message board, but someone always seems to be friends or related to someone who knows

How I heard what is happening or about to happen was in a conversation about going out to eat during the week and talking about non hockey stuff - and I got a ‘oh btw ……Hanifin stuff’ and there you go

This guy would know

Hanifin, Brisson, Conroy, and Zito, Brisbois, even Sweeney all know what’s going on

It’s very simple - Calgary doesn’t like what they are being offered by the team Hanifin wants to go to and extend and that team and Brisson already spoke and Calgary is good

The Flames basically don’t want Andres Bjork & a two

They want like the first & Owen Tippett comp Florida have for Giroux

Florida & Tampa both have poor farm systems and no firsts

Calgary can say ‘eat it’ we can trade him somewhere else for better if you don’t pony up

This is likely Matt Tkachuk getting his buddy to join him in Florida similar to Crosby pulling the Iginla come to Pittsburgh

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
We can't afford to trade any picks at this point lol
Bruins got legit 7 guys many who have seen time in Providence who can be in lineup next season (im counting Poitras & Lohrei)

They got 26 M

They got 3/4ths of the diamond core (G, D, scoring winger)

They are in very good to great shape

I personally shut game off after first and watched nfl combine because Bruins didn’t have it and if they came back I could watch it at 6 am with my iced coffee I need to go get

Bruins are good not great - I went out to Corrub Pub last night in West Roxbury and as we were leaving someone asked me give me a score ‘feel like a 5-2 loss’

They are up and down and usually play to their opponent level

they can win a round but 2 right now big ask

The long term is very bright though

Monty needs to get the lohrei Poitras Lysell etc group going next season

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So with left side dmen Lindholm and Lohrei, you want to trade for left side dman Hanifin, and trade right side dman McAvoy? So their right side would be Carlo Shattenkirk & …..? Solid plan.

There are only 5-8 players in the NHL I’d trade McAvoy for.
With a LD of Lindholm & Lohrei you want to trade for 24-25 LD Jacob Middleton

I would like 24-25 here

Lindholm- McAvoy
Lohrei- Carlo
Middleton - Regula
Witherspoon

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Try to move DeBrusk, JVR, Heinen, Boqvist, Grzelcyk, Forbort, and Shattenkirk. Listen to offers or make a hockey trade involving Frederic, Zacha, or Ullmark.

Call up the kids and get them some playoff expierence.
This is without a doubt the best idea so far. They would be very lucky to move half those guys but do it and build in the off season. We are not going very far as-is.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Bring back Phil the Thrill Kessel, that will solve everything.

Untitled-fotor-20240302234852.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Exactly. Getting thumped is usually what snaps the guys back down to earth and refocuses them. I’ll really worry after this week. I’m not pleased with last night but I’m not doom scrolling and posting.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
At least he has the BALLZ to take on Milan to begin with. You've got to respect that kind of crazee.

Trade for him with Washington retaining and maybe find a third team if possible? I don't understand how that "third team" option works.
Washington trades him to team x and retains 25%, team x trades him to Boston and retains another 25%. Boston sends something to WAS and something else to team x (say a 4th or 5th rd pick) and gets the player at 1/2 off. Pcts could be different, that's just an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad