Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You keep saying things like this to people who aren’t calling him a 30 goal scorer. Not sure what it is adding to the dialog?

See this is the issue, people interject in to conversations without knowing what the original topic was then say no one is saying that

You might want to scroll/ go back a few pages to the beginning of the conversation where it all started with a post saying Debrusk has a 30 goal pedigree.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
See this is the issue, people interject in to conversations without knowing what the original topic was then say no one is saying that

You might want to scroll/ go back a few pages to the beginning of the conversation where it all started with a post saying Debrusk has a 30 goal pedigree.
I mean the person misused pedigree big whoop...how does it make sense to come back with his career averages instead of saying he's a 25 goal scorer? Career averages has to be the weirdest way to lay out a guys stats....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
But why are his career averages relevant? Would you average out Marchands for any reason at all? If you did it would wildly alter the true value of him because of how he started his career. It seems like you're doing averages to purposely bring him down when you just simply need to look at his most recent 2 seasons to see what he is as a player.

And it's hilarious you're griping with calling him a 30 goal scorer (he was 3 goals short) but have no issue posting his 20 goal average when he has been 5+ goals over that 3 times.

Yes because value is based off what you have done. When you’re going into the 8th year in the league it’s no longer “potential”

I mean the person misused pedigree big whoop...how does it make sense to come back with his career averages instead of saying he's a 25 goal scorer?

Ok well he said no one was calling him a 30 goal scorer, which wasn’t true it’s quite literally how the conversation started.

And fine you want to call him a 25 goal scorer because he’s done it 3 times, well he’s also fallen short of 20 goals three times as well.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Best I'd offer for Lindholm would be Lysell/Merkulov + 2025 1st but I'd be very reluctant to give that package up, think we could do better than Lindholm.

The Anderson talk is over the top. Does he have any gas left in the tank, I'd say so. Is he a diminishing asset at 5.5 million, yes. Can we compare him with Heinen, f*** no. I read the "usual suspects" garbage based on us Neanderthals who like rough and tough hockey but ignore skill and everything else. I loved Looch, loved McQuaid, loved Thornton, Iginla, Horton........all tough SOB's but were not John Scott's, who couldn't play worth a lick and were liabilities on the ice. If that puts me in the "usual suspects" category, then put the C on my chest
If I'm Sweeney I wait until the offseason and go after Hertl. Full NMC and he's buddies with Pasta, so maybe you get him cheap, and he's just flat out a better player then Lindholm. Only one year older.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dizzay

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yes because value is based off what you have done. When you’re going into the 8th year in the league it’s no longer “potential”

Ok well he said no one was calling him a 30 goal scorer, which wasn’t true it’s quite literally how the conversation started.
Again I'd love to know what the relevance of career averages is. Do them for Marchand, do them for Pastrnak, then do them for Taylor Hall and tell me if you think it paints a picture of who that player is today.

Reactions: BBruins

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Again I'd love to know what the relevance of career averages is. Do them for Marchand, do them for Pastrnak, then do them for Taylor Hall and tell me if you think it paints a picture of who that player is today.

Ask Trent Frederic how his past performances affected his pay this year.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's called a bridge deal when they aren't sure if your 17 goal season is a one off or the real deal, pretty common practice you know.....

Ya because they looked at Frederic’s past performances and didn’t disregard bad years when considering his value.

Just like how debrusks lesser scoring years won’t be thrown away or at least shouldn’t when determining his value. However it seems you only want to consider his other seasons.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Everyone wants to call him a 30+ or 35+ goal scorer but the reality is he’s a

67 gp / 20g /19a player per season.

That’s a major value gap in his actual numbers compared to his perceived numbers around here.
You specifically said this to me. Stop lumping me in with what "Everyone" is saying. If you can't keep your response relevant to what I said then respond to someone calling him a 30+ or 35+ goal scorer and talk to them. It is just pointless when you lump "Everyone" together in every post to strengthen your argument.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ya because they looked at Frederic’s past performances and didn’t disregard bad years when considering his value.

Just like how debrusks lesser scoring years won’t be thrown away or at least shouldn’t when determining his value. However it seems you only want to consider his other seasons.
I don't think you could be more far off, it has nothing to do with "bad seasons" and everything to do with he's played just under 200 games of hockey when he signed. You aren't committing to one good season when the sample size is that small.

With Jake we are talking about a guy who has played 400 games. His last 3 seasons are the same amount of hockey that Frederic had played in his career when he was signing. Do you really not see the distinction?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Again it’s not 1/2 season. It’s 3.5 seasons. And he sucked on a MTL team that made it to the finals. Anderson couldn’t do what Heinen does for this team.
Bull shit ! He out hits Heinen, outscores him, Heinen has never scored 20 goals, Anderson has 27 goals on a season Henien as never and will never come close..............

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Regarding Lindholm, I don't think anyone here would be proposing the Bruins trade any combination of Frederic/Merkulov/Lysell/Poitras/1st for Coyle or Zacha.

Trading younger players, prospects, and picks for something the Bruins already have is bad asset management, especially during a retool season. If the Bruins make that move, they won't be able to sniff anywhere close to a center that does move the needle and impove this team.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bull shit ! He out hits Heinen, outscores him, Heinen has never scored 20 goals, Anderson has 27 goals on a season Henien as never and will never come close..............

62 goals for Anderson in the last 4 (235 GP)

42 for Heinen (227 GP)

But one sucks and the other is awesome!

And I’m not even saying I’d want Anderson over Heinen, given contracts.

I’m just saying the narrative that Anderson is done, is a little premature, and his production this year is likely the byproduct of being on an awful team.

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB

42 for Heinen (227 GP)

I’m just saying the narrative that Anderson is done, is a little premature, and his production this year is likely the byproduct of being on an awful team.
Also 6.03 - 225 lbs vs 6.01 - 190 lbs
averages 170 hits/year compared to 77 hits/year

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

42 for Heinen (227 GP)

Have you watched the player? Have you talked to Canadiens fans about him? Because you keep pushing this narrative that he’s only been bad this year when it’s not the case.

Heinen can play 8 forward spots - 9 in a pinch - regardless of linemates. And he PKs. Anderson could play 2, and I’m not sure he really could be 3RW for this team.

I can’t believe we have people pushing Anderson (even leaving aside that a trade would never happen. It’s bonkers.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

42 for Heinen (227 GP)

Heinen has made less in the past 3 season then Anderson makes in one year of his contract. Why you're comparing them when they're 2 players with totally difference expectations makes no sense.

Regardless I will say what I said when people brought up trading for Tom Wilson not too long ago. Stop trying to trade for over the hill power forwards. These types of players age like milk, just look at Looch. His highest point total after the age of 30 was 23 points. Anderson turns 30 in May and has 3 years left on his deal, odds are he doesn't live up to his cap hit cause that's just what happens with players like this.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

42 for Heinen (227 GP)

Don't get mad it me I am on your side, as a matter a fact you might add that has played with better players then Anderson. Hey get the contracts . but my original post was too have Montreal retain 1 mil,at 4.5 that makes Anderson a nice add to this team, with 3 more years after this season to me that is a very do able contract. What is Heinen going to be asking for next year ?

Have you watched the player? Have you talked to Canadiens fans about him? Because you keep pushing this narrative that he’s only been bad this year when it’s not the case.

Heinen can play 8 forward spots - 9 in a pinch - regardless of linemates. And he PKs. Anderson could play 2, and I’m not sure he really could be 3RW for this team.

I can’t believe we have people pushing Anderson (even leaving aside that a trade would never happen. It’s bonkers.
Anderson scored 21 goals last year, Heinen had 8.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Don't get mad it me I am on your side, as a matter a fact you might add that has played with better players then Anderson. Hey get the contracts . but my original post was too have Montreal retain 1 mil,at 4.5 that makes Anderson a nice add to this team, with 3 more years after this season to me that is a very do able contract. What is Heinen going to be asking for next year ?

Anderson scored 21 goals last year, Heinen had 8.
I’ll disagree - Anderson at 3 more years at $4.5 is a disaster of a contract.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The 6 full schedule seasons DeBrusk played 85.2 % and averaged 27 goals per 82

Both wings and both specialty teams

Majority (80%) of Bruins fans hate their players and don’t know what their even watching

I give them a pass since they are Felger youth

The 20% are a pleasure reading here - keep up the good work guys and gals

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Guys who excel no matter their linemates. Boston is lucky to have many -- look how Frederic is blossoming this year.

Complimentary players are imprortant too (look at Hyman's production in Edmonton) but I hesitate to pay them a premium.
DeBrusk was often the best player since Christmas - drove the lines to me

I can’t help it if Tony Mazz wants to trade him and their fanboys here come and echo it

Why I hate they talk hockey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The 6 full schedule seasons DeBrusk played 85.2 % and averaged 27 goals per 82

Both wings and both specialty teams

Majority (80%) of Bruins fans hate their players and don’t know what their even watching

I give them a pass since they are Felger youth

The 20% are a pleasure reading here - keep up the good work guys and gals

I'm afraid to like this, even though I do.

Reactions: Ritmo and HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad