Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
-

Well how is he supposed to show you if the org won't give him a f***ing chance. I'm not saying Lysell is gonna step in and start putting up a PPG, but giving your top prospect a look in the NHL when there's a clear need for a player like him rn is a no brainer to me.

How many times does it have to be said? Lysell can't come up to the big team because we have no cap space.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
How many times does it have to be said? Lysell can't come up to the big team because we have no cap space.
This literally isn't true, if they send down Richard and call up Lysell the team is cap compliant.

1708012409054.png

With Steen, Poitras, and Wotherpsoon as the scratches, and Looch on LTIR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
This literally isn't true, if they send down Richard and call up Lysell the team is cap compliant.

View attachment 820053

With Steen, Poitras, and Wotherpsoon as the scratches, and Looch on LTIR.

I'm not a capologist, I only know people who know it far better than me have stated it's not possible.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm not a capologist, I only know people who know it far better than me have stated it's not possible.
Well capfriendly says that it is. And even if it wasn't they can just waive steen or put poitras on ltir and there's the extra cap space you need. Lysell isn't on the big club because the org doesn't want him there, that's just the reality. And I think that's dumb.

Reactions: Gordoff

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Going off his AHL seasons he is as close to a no brainer as one could get with prospects. Nothing is a given, but it's hard not to be giddy over his potential
Comparing him to kids who were drafted within the 15-30 range in his draft year, he is performing better than pretty much all statiscally in the AHL this season, not counting the ones already in the NHL.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Going off his AHL seasons he is as close to a no brainer as one could get with prospects. Nothing is a given, but it's hard not to be giddy over his potential

Lysell has 38 points in 44 games and is +10.

Patrick Brown has 13 points in 19 games and is +10.

Lysell's numbers really don't shout out no brainer. It's the AHL.

I think most fans would like to see what he looks like in an NHL game. That will hapen eventually.

Reactions: TCB and Hookslide

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Lysell has 38 points in 44 games and is +10.

Patrick Brown has 13 points in 19 games and is +10.

Lysell's numbers really don't shout out no brainer. It's the AHL.

I think most fans would like to see what he looks like in an NHL game. That will hapen eventually.
I agree that we need to see if his game translates to the NHL but not sure I see much to that comparison with Brown. Over a 82 game stretch, that would mean a 70-75pt season compared to a 50-55pt season. Big difference for a kid who just turned 21 compared to someone with almost 450 games in the AHL whos career high is 35 points.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Has Lysell really improved his 200 ft / Bruins system play in the last while? Mougenel's comments on his play not even 2 months indicated he wasn't close to being ready then.
Yes. And that wasn’t what Mougenel was even commenting on. Way too much has been made of that one comment.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Has Lysell really improved his 200 ft / Bruins system play in the last while? Mougenel's comments on his play not even 2 months indicated he wasn't close to being ready then.
You just threw a wet blanket on the Lysell "no brainer" fans, not nice.........

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Couldn't he be traded to a non-playoff bound team and then re-traded to a team that's on his no trade list? Doesn't the no-trade protection automatically get dropped once a player is traded?
Its a good question, and one that I don't know the answer too. Perhaps somebody can clarify that?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Mougenel made those comments after Providence's game on Dec 17 and since then Lysell has 21 points in 21 games. He's bought in and has been one of Providence's best players over that span, if he gets called up it's cause he earned it, it's not like they'd just be handing it to him.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My immediate move:
Gryz + Forbort + Steen +2025 1st for Jake Middleton + Brandon Duhaime
Why? We gain 3.93 in cap space, Middleton comes over and joins Lindholm and a called up Mason Lohrei for the left side, alongside Wortherspoon as the depth LD. Him and Lohrei can rotate in and out depending on who plays the best. Minny can flip both Gryz and Forbort for picks or look to sign them, whatever they prefer. Say they get a 2nd for Gryz and a 3rd for Forbort, that's a nice haul- 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Middleton and Duheime.

Linus Ullmark + Jake Debrusk (30% retained) for Evander Kane + Calvin Pickard + 2024 1st + 2025 1st
Deal dependent on Debrusk re-upping in Edmonton obviously. Boston adds some grit in Kane in the top 6 and gets back in the 1st round for both this year and next.

Marchy-Coyle-Pasta
Kane-Zacha-Lysell
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Heinen-Beecher-Duheime
Lauko

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Middleton-Shatty
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Pickard
If you can get that return, sure. Do it.

I just think your valuations of the players we are giving up are wildly inflated. I don't see any NHL team out there accepting the deals you proposed.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Strange how quiet the trade deadline thread is this year compared to those in the years before. Unfortunately the insiders were pushed away by a few posters and everybody has to live with the consequences of this ...
Was my favorite part of the year. The insiders would toss out bits of information like pieces of bread into a Koi pond and everyone here would frenzy. Then when it started to die down we would get another piece of bread.
Was good times...

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I agree that we need to see if his game translates to the NHL but not sure I see much to that comparison with Brown. Over a 82 game stretch, that would mean a 70-75pt season compared to a 50-55pt season. Big difference for a kid who just turned 21 compared to someone with almost 450 games in the AHL whos career high is 35 points.

But Brown seems to be a guy no one wants to see back in Boston. Yet he can put up points in the AHL and is probably a better all around player than Lysell at the moment.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Yes. And that wasn’t what Mougenel was even commenting on. Way too much has been made of that one comment.
What was his comments about then, or your interpretation of them? I read them as Lysell has the common tendancy to abandon the Bruins' system play at times and play too much as an individual instead of being more patient and prioritizing team puck possession.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Mougenel made those comments after Providence's game on Dec 17 and since then Lysell has 21 points in 21 games. He's bought in and has been one of Providence's best players over that span, if he gets called up it's cause he earned it, it's not like they'd just be handing it to him.
Yes, his stat sheet looks fine lately, but that doesn't tell me if he's actually improved on the areas where Mougenel said he needed to. If he has, then that's great. Hopefully he continues and we see him get a chance with the Big B's here before the end of the season.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes, his stat sheet looks fine lately, but that doesn't tell me if he's actually improved on the areas where Mougenel said he needed to. If he has, then that's great. Hopefully he continues and we see him get a chance with the Big B's here before the end of the season.
He has. Mougenel said it himself.

But Brown seems to be a guy no one wants to see back in Boston. Yet he can put up points in the AHL and is probably a better all around player than Lysell at the moment.
He’s not a better player than Lysell. Brown is not a good all around player. We’ve seen it.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He has. Mougenel said it himself.

He’s not a better player than Lysell. Brown is not a good all around player. We’ve seen it.
That Brown signing was brutal. I hated it when it happened.

We'd have been better off just re-signing Nosek for another year. Granted Nosek is out with injury, but we had no way of knowing that at the time the decision was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad