Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Anthony Richard had 9 hits in his debut. Brown, Steen and Lauko all average over 15 hits per 60. Freddy has 113 hits. Bruins will have 7-8 players with over 100 hits this year.
IIRC the Bruins had a lot of hits vs Calgary (according to whoever does the counts) at TD Garden when they were playing just terrible hockey. Those hits counts seem to be subjective IMO. I know that a lot of the time the team who
has less possession will get more hits but again IIRC it at the halfway point. I thought it was odd nonetheless.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Anthony Richard had 9 hits in his debut. Brown, Steen and Lauko all average over 15 hits per 60. Freddy has 113 hits. Bruins will have 7-8 players with over 100 hits this year.
SOFTEST BRUINS TEAM EVER. Not one of Richard's hits was memorable or changed momentum in a terrible, heartless game the Bruins slept through

Florida and Tampa must be drooling at the thought of playing this team. Even the head coach has started calling them out on being soft

friendofcharliecoyle

Nov 24, 2023
SOFTEST BRUINS TEAM EVER. Not one of Richard's hits was memorable or changed momentum in a terrible, heartless game the Bruins slept through

Florida and Tampa must be drooling at the thought of playing this team. Even the head coach has started calling them out on being soft
Do you really think those teams are that dumb? I hope so. I think we beat Florida every time we played them this year? And we took the Bolts to OT in Tampa and then destroyed them 7-3 in BOS…

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

One of the fathers of the Panthers called out the team for being soft before they went on their streak and snuck into the playoffs. Some of the players seem to have taken a Monty's message to heart but more need to get on board. It's more of a mentality and mindset than anything else. I don't think the Panthers are the bullies people make them out to be - they have a tendency to play soft and bad like any other team.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Do you really think those teams are that dumb? I hope so. I think we beat Florida every time we played them this year? And we took the Bolts to OT in Tampa and then destroyed them 7-3 in BOS…
Cool. We beat the Panthers 7-3 last year in the regular season. Nobody cares when the playoffs start and the games get physical or even nasty.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Tampa losing Sergachev is a huge blow to them physically.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Sorry but do you really think regular season and playoffs are the same? Do you not remember last year? More importantly do you not remember how they punished MacAvoy this year and we did nothing? You really think he can hold up to that for 7 straight games?
Right now we have no answer to physicality against us and on top of that we don't have a great PP to make them pay and think twice either. We need muscle, badly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sorry but do you really think regular season and playoffs are the same? Do you not remember last year? More importantly do you not remember how they punished MacAvoy this year and we did nothing? You really think he can hold up to that for 7 straight games?
Right now we have no answer to physicality against us and on top of that we don't have a great PP to make them pay and think twice either. We need muscle, badly.

IMG_2030.png

Reactions: BlackFrancis

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
A team that relies on the PP to win in the playoffs die when the whistles don't come out as often.

I believe we had 1pp goal in all of 2011
and I will add that it will be hard for our top players to score on the PP if they are on IR.

As for 2011, we were at 11.4% in the playoffs, Canucks were at 20.4 %. Ducks were the best at 36.4% but did not even make it to the final (gasp, but how, they had the best PP).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We are so lucky to have a DOM...dude knows his stuff ... such a good sports writer. I also enjoy his dry sense of humour on here. Love the DOM.

Hope the Russian kid makes the right decision and joins the Bruins! Sounds promising.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So your answer is let them continue to have their best players abused and take the power play? Very Montreal Canadiens thinking, maybe we can start diving next?
Historically Canadiens have absolutely owned the "tougher" Bruins come playoff time. Just saying....more than one way to build a winning team, I don't buy its toughness or nothing.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Looks like the IIHF decided not to reinstate Russia (good call), so the kid might be available for a playoff contract after all.

Reactions: HustleB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Reactions: Over the volcano

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Alex Tuch! is the guy bruins should target! $4.75 expires 25-26.
Sure but they love him in Buffalo last I checked. I think he’d be expensive. He’s under control for 2 more years. I’d give up Lysell and more but Tuch will bring back a boatload if he does get moved. I assume the Bruins would be outbid on this one.

Reactions: Blowfish

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I think people are confusing hits/fights/size and being tough to play against. This team has guys that hit, has guys that fight(at least comparatively, and has some decent size.

However this team is absolutely not TOUGH to play against. Brown, Richard’s, and Steen may have a ton of hits but they aren’t memorable. No one is hesitating or being worn down by these players.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Historically Canadiens have absolutely owned the "tougher" Bruins come playoff time. Just saying....more than one way to build a winning team, I don't buy its toughness or nothing.

Not since the 80's, and those Canadiens teams were just as tough as the Bruins. But since breaking the curse, we've won 7 out of 12. So yeah, if we are going back almost 40 years, you have a point. Lately? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad