Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think we need to be careful moving Lysell and the 2025 1st…if you think about it they won’t have a 1st or 2nd until 2026. We honestly might not have a top six/top four caliber prospect ready for the big leagues until 2030…

It’s great to see Poitras, Lohrei, Lauko, Beecher and this wave of prospects recently all find a way to make an impact but there is a high chance we develop nothing more than role players for the next 5+ years. Kind of crazy to think about.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Markstrom has 2 more years @6M vs Ullmark @5 for 1. Holtz has some potential and is a former 1st round pick. That cap dump is brutal tho. Everyone is up against the cap so it's not easy to absorb a 5M cap hit. If the Bruins retain on Ullmark maybe they can get a 1st.
I think a 1st for Ullmark is a little bit of a stretch, even with salary retention. I can see us getting a 2nd, but I wouldn't count on more than that..

The M-NTC doesn't help his value on the trade market, either. That said, I don't think the B's should be looking to deal him at all. Our goaltending has been excellent and we'll need that to continue.

Reactions: bruins19

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I would call up Holland and deal Ullmark +Gryz (50% retained) for Evander Kane + Calvin Pickard + 2024 1st rounder

Flip the 1st rounder to Calgary + Merkulov +Forbort for Hanifin 50% retained

Steen + ???? for Olivier

Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Kane-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Heinen-Beecher-Olivier
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Regula

Swayman
Pickard
Bussi

That's a nasty team to play against upfront.

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
IMO the biggest issue here is people who want to debate opinions. Everybody has opinions and has a right to those no matter how outlandish, over the top
or mistake filled their numbers are or their opinion seems to be. Everyone deserves respect but the attack mode that people go to here because they're always right, without respect for other posters takes the fun out of coming on here.
A lot of labelling goes on here by self-appointed experts. Some of the saddest are when people here think that they know more than TRUE insiders and who will attack with vicious sarcasm when it rubs them the wrong way.
Amen.....

To me, the question we should all ask (and I don't excuse myself from this) is "would I speak this way if I were standing in front of the person I am conversing with?".

And if so, "If I was at a party and this person was making me so frustrated to speak this way, would I even bother to stick around and continue have the argument to begin with?"

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I would call up Holland and deal Ullmark +Gryz (50% retained) for Evander Kane + Calvin Pickard + 2024 1st rounder

Steen + ???? for Olivier

Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Kane-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Heinen-Beecher-Olivier
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Regula

Swayman
Pickard
Bussi

Oilers have been getting legitimately good goaltending from Skinner and Pickard for like 2 months now, zero reasons for them to do this.

Reactions: Thomas 11

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Steen + ???? for Olivier

Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Kane-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Heinen-Beecher-Olivier
Lauko

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Regula

Swayman
Pickard
Bussi

You had me until Evander Kane.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Amen.....

To me, the question we should all ask (and I don't excuse myself from this) is "would I speak this way if I were standing in front of the person I am conversing with?".

And if so, "If I was at a party and this person was making me so frustrated to speak this way, would I even bother to stick around and continue have the argument to begin with?"
Perfectly put.:thumbu: Civility Now!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Amen.....

But, if you aren’t condescending and don‘t talk down to people, how will everyone know you’re the smartest in the room?

😉

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
But, if you aren’t condescending and don‘t talk down to people, how will everyone know you’re the smartest in the room?

😉
1707766158201.png

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I'm a fan of truculence, but if MacEwen was any type of asset he would not be given away for free three weeks before the deadline.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think we need to be careful moving Lysell and the 2025 1st…if you think about it they won’t have a 1st or 2nd until 2026. We honestly might not have a top six/top four caliber prospect ready for the big leagues until 2030…

It’s great to see Poitras, Lohrei, Lauko, Beecher and this wave of prospects recently all find a way to make an impact but there is a high chance we develop nothing more than role players for the next 5+ years. Kind of crazy to think about.
It's true, the cupboard is bare, but clearly the Bruins model has not been to develop their own but rather to trade for people they think fit and to sign free agents who are already somewhat developed. Who would we have drafted (finishing as high as we have) that is better than Geekie or Zacha or Lindholm? When we do draft we don't do a very good job anyway do we?

If Sweeney manages to use that cap space next year and sign key pieces to fill the holes we don't really NEED any draft picks, we will still be a solid veteran team. Vegas won a cup and they traded most of their picks away too. In contrast, Buffalo is almost all top round picks much earlier than ours and they still stink every year. So would I like them to have some high draft picks? Sure. Is it necessary for winning? Absolutely no.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Amen.....

Ok but what if it’s a party with lots of libations?

• Haha
Reactions: Carl Hungus

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Ok but what if it’s a party with lots of libations?
Then it ends up in a fight. :laugh:

And yes, there’s a good reason I am sober for 30+ years.

I was good value for money, I’ll admit. Except for the people who loved me or had to live with me.:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Anthony Richard had 9 hits in his debut. Brown, Steen and Lauko all average over 15 hits per 60. Freddy has 113 hits. Bruins will have 7-8 players with over 100 hits this year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Friedman mentioned that Markstrom to the Devils was/is close. Rumored return is Holtz and Vanecek.

I mean if Markstrom gets you Holtz potentially I don't know how the Bruins do not dangle Ullmark to the highest/desperate bidder.
Organization is cowardly like this would rather give up a first for some piece of crap like Maroon than fleece a team for Ullmark who we can’t afford next year when Swayman gets a raise.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad