Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Is it confirmed he’s on Injured Reserve? He is listed as “Injured, Non-Roster” or whatever it is. Not sure if there is a difference between the two.
I think being "non-roster" means he doesn't count toward the 23-man limit (though his cap hit still counts I presume). I wonder if designating him that way was to allow the team the possibility of picking a guy off the waiver wire to carry a full complement to open the season?

I haven't even checked but does Johnson put us at 24?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Is it confirmed he’s on Injured Reserve? He is listed as “Injured, Non-Roster” or whatever it is. Not sure if there is a difference between the two.
He’s on SOIR
I think being "non-roster" means he doesn't count toward the 23-man limit (though his cap hit still counts I presume). I wonder if designating him that way was to allow the team the possibility of picking a guy off the waiver wire to carry a full complement to open the season?

I haven't even checked but does Johnson put us at 24?
No, 23

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I would suspect it’s because he‘s a prospect. They played some shenanigans when Lindholm was injured as a first year prospect too, if I recall.

Reactions: Trojans86

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
So we know he for sure will not be playing in the first 2 games? I am debating buying tickets for the sunday game vs. Carolina, but might just wait if Carlsson is not playing.

Reactions: lwvs84

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He’s Swedish, they’ll have him jump through a lingonberry bush.

Unrelated question - anyone know if lingonberry bushes have thorns?
Nope we sometimes use them to decorate stuff during christmas. Lingonberry wreaths, and stuff like that.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I wonder how close Killorn is to coming back. If he is close, I could see them activate Carlsson and Killorn at the same time.

I don’t think the Ducks are in any hurry with Leo.

John

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
It'll be 3 weeks since the injury on Wednesday, so unless he's a miraculous healer he's probably still a ways out.

Supposedly Carlsson is slated to come back this week from the very vague and sparse information we've seen, who knows though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I havent really been able to get a good look at killorn's hand, he seems to be hiding it in pictures. I'd be interested if they even have it in a splint, but at this point it's probably just a strength/grip issue.

Unless the break travelled down into the hand there isn't much risk with a broken finger, it's more a pragmatic issue.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I havent really been able to get a good look at killorn's hand, he seems to be hiding it in pictures. I'd be interested if they even have it in a splint, but at this point it's probably just a strength/grip issue.

Unless the break travelled down into the hand there isn't much risk with a broken finger, it's more a pragmatic issue.

It is in a splint or at least was. He's in that interview on Etem's podcast that someone posted in the other thread.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i get the feeling killorn will end up being one of those cases where "2-3 weeks" ends up being 2-3 months and he doesn't come back until december

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Sept 30th was when it was reported that Killorn had a fractured finger, with projection of 4-6 weeks recovery. It's been a little over 2 weeks since. Another 2 more weeks at the earliest and 8 games missed.

With how Vatrano and Strome are playing with Mac, Killorn's absence isn't as bad (right now b/c small sample). Getting Carlsson back sooner will give the Ducks another scoring line as well as make Terry play better.

There should be practice tomorrow (Tuesday) and that might be the soonest we will find out if big Carl is on the ice via Derek Lee.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
When they announced the roster roughly a week ago, they said Killorn was approximately 3-4 weeks away. So that would make it 2-3 weeks from now.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I hadn't seen that. In all the pictures Ive seen he's hiding his damn hand.
In the pregame “here’s your team” into, he waved with his left hand, which appeared to have a splint on the middle part of his left ring finger. That was a split second view on a Jumbotron, but it’s likely there if anyone has a replay of it.

Of course, it could simply be a splint on the wrong finger to throw people off :laugh:

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad