Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Sept 30th was when it was reported that Killorn had a fractured finger, with projection of 4-6 weeks recovery. It's been a little over 2 weeks since. Another 2 more weeks at the earliest and 8 games missed.

With how Vatrano and Strome are playing with Mac, Killorn's absence isn't as bad (right now b/c small sample). Getting Carlsson back sooner will give the Ducks another scoring line as well as make Terry play better.

There should be practice tomorrow (Tuesday) and that might be the soonest we will find out if big Carl is on the ice via Derek Lee.
I think ducks have 3 days off

In the pregame “here’s your team” into, he waved with his left hand, which appeared to have a splint on the middle part of his left ring finger. That was a split second view on a Jumbotron, but it’s likely there if anyone has a replay of it.

Of course, it could simply be a splint on the wrong finger to throw people off :laugh:
You see his finger is in a cast.. On the ducks stream podcast with strome

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There should be practice tomorrow (Tuesday) and that might be the soonest we will find out if big Carl is on the ice via Derek Lee.

Right on cue, Mr. Lee!

giphy.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just leave Eric alone.. Hes covering the kings too now no?
And that's part of the problem. I've actually cancelled my subscription due to lack of coverage. No offense to him but it's just not worth it for me anymore. Will put that money towards a streaming service.

Plus HF boards will provide updates from multiple sources right here on the Ducks forum,

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
And that's part of the problem. I've actually cancelled my subscription due to lack of coverage. No offense to him but it's just not worth it for me anymore. Will put that money towards a streaming service.

Plus HF boards will provide updates from multiple sources right here on the Ducks forum,
I've considered cancelling mine as well, although I like some of the other coverage well enough that it's still worth it - the national hockey coverage is great (McIndoe is my favorite), and there's some NCAA stuff, baseball stuff, and soccer stuff that I read from time to time as well.

It's a bummer that Stephens is basically no longer a Ducks beat writer, since I enjoyed his stuff quite a bit. I think he's covering the Sharks now, too, and trying to cover three teams means he's covering none. Thanks for ruining everything, New York Times.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
On an odd tangent, but did the Athletic do away with their version of twitter called Real Time? It doesn't show up anymore. Plus, with Twitter or X actually paying people, is that why Stephens is X-talking (cross-talking) now?
I've noticed i can't find real time on my computer anymore but i think i saw it on my phone still.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I got the subscription for free years ago through some promo. Then I found out how much nhl prospect content they were churning that I really didn't care about Stephens so much, tbh. That prospect angle and their NHL stats stuff continued growing. The fact I can look back at previous years to compare and contrast stuff is pretty good for me to share on here. There are ways around the paywalls/subscriptions, but I think the hockey prospect guys (Pronman and Wheeler) deserve my money.

But if you don't have the subscription and belong to this board, then there really isn't a need to get the Athletic subscription since it's mostly covered and shared on here. Hell, I don't have social media, so all y'all sharing tweets/X's helps me to continue avoiding social media. hahahhaha

Reactions: Leonardo87

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
On your phone, you go to the account tab and you'll find it there. Last RT by Stephens was on Oct 2nd.

On the PC, I can't find it at all.
Yeah, I haven't seen a RealTime update on my computer in weeks, and I just use the webpage on my phone, not the app. I enjoyed those little tidbits, so I'm kind of missing them now.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Absolutely nothing to back this up but I have a feeling he's sick... That time of year
Could just be a maintenance day…. He had basically no camp after missing a full season.

Like I suggested earlier they may put drysdale back in slowly and that’s why luneau is up in the nhl to give him a couple days off here and there till his timing is all there

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Could just be a maintenance day…. He had basically no camp after missing a full season.

Like I suggested earlier they may put drysdale back in slowly and that’s why luneau is up in the nhl to give him a couple days off here and there till his timing is all there
If wanted him to rest... They would not play him in a back to back.. I think something is up... We gotta wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad