Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just wanted to say how appalled I am with the Ducks organization for not giving us updates as quickly on a 2ndOA future franchise player and have to rely either on a random Reddit user , or a Swedish reporter.

If you are a season ticket holder you need to voice your opinion

It’s F’ing Unacceptable!

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I just wanted to say how appalled I am with the Ducks organization for not giving us updates as quickly on a 2ndOA future franchise player and have to rely either on a random Reddit user , or a Swedish reporter.

If you are a season ticket holder you need to voice your opinion.

I think DVM is their only season ticket holder left and they know he's not giving them up no matter what.. We're all doomed

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Case is point when when selanne came back to us in 05 after having reconstructed knee surgery. Dude scored 45 goals lol.

Teemu also had a whole year off of hockey forced upon him (lockout of 2004-05). That year off truly helped Teemu's knees fully heal without being in any game situation impact.

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
Phew. If the reports are true, what a relief. Happy for Leo that this isn't going to be a potentially career altering injury. Surprised (but not that surprised) we haven't seen anything from local media.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It’s F’ing Unacceptable!

There probably are HIPPA (sp?) laws and NHL rules preventing the dissemination of health issues, or specific health issues with respect to the NHL. Then there is getting the specific healthy info correct.

Also, as we've learned this season, the prognostication on an ETA return to the ice has been wrong. See the Drysdale and Zegras Cruise of Health and Recovery.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
When I spoke on HIPAA before with respect to teams and player injuries, I'm pretty sure I misspoke. I don't believe teams are considered covered entities that would have to comply with HIPAA laws.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA

It’s F’ing Unacceptable!
Not entirely their fault considering the tools they are using.

Ducks Magic 8 Ball.jpg

John

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
When I spoke on HIPAA before with respect to teams and player injuries, I'm pretty sure I misspoke. I don't believe teams are considered covered entities that would have to comply with HIPAA laws.
For someone not in the know of US standards, care to elaborate what HIPAA means? Thanks.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
HIPAA has to do with consent to release medical records. I highly doubt any professional athlete, especially in team sports, can refuse the release of medical records team(s) that have, or will have, through trade or FA a financial responsibility for the athlete.

I'm guessing that HIPAA does apply to the release of medical information to just anyone and its limitations is most likely spelled out in NHLPA and contracts.

John

Reactions: GermanRocket7

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So probably back for SJ on Jan 31. Misses 17 games.

Knowing him, expect him back closer to the 4 week mark. One silver lining, he will be well rested for the 2nd half of the season, and will be able to get his off-ice training once his leg is healed up.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Knowing him, expect him back closer to the 4 week mark. One silver lining, he will be well rested for the 2nd half of the season, and will be able to get his off-ice training once his leg is healed up.
You don’t want to come back too soon from a collateral injury, or it becomes a grade 3. Remember RG3 with the Redskins? That was a lateral vs a medial, but…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad