Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Kane would be a nice add, wouldn’t think he’d command a lot of term. He’s a brilliant offensive mind and would have some ideas for the PP I bet.
Didn’t I read somewhere that he will be looking for term? Can’t remember where but I swear somebody with a reasonable reputation mentioned it a while back.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
"As a 14-year-old, you played for Honeybaked, a AAA program based in Southeastern Michigan. You moved in with former NHL player, Pat Verbeek, for a couple seasons. What was that experience like living with an NHLer? Are there any hockey/life lessons Pat passed along to you during that time period?

That was awesome. It was one of the main reasons I went to Detroit, knowing I was going to live with a former NHL player who scored 500 goals. He is small in stature like I was at that time, so I felt I could learn a lot from him. One thing I learned from him is that he was fearless. He was one of those guys who really wanted to make sure I was doing my best every shift."

I love the unintentional shade of him saying that he was small like Verbeek when he was 14

• Haha
Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Some people here will sit his big hits and say ya I want it
"Why should I expect anything less from a group so obsessed with soft and small hockey players? Guess we want this team to get pushed around and abused forever. Trouba is a perfect fit for this team and would easily slot into our top pair. He'd provide offense, and actually lay the body so opponents think twice of messing with our young players."

A certain someone, probably.

Yeah I'd pass on Trouba. He's a liability in both zones so often and he's turned into a real headhunter. He gets away with that shit in NY for the most part but I can just see him adding to an already rough penalty volume problem on this team.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers HF call Trouba , Tuba, even has his own gif when he does something dumb…

IMG_5836.gif

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The way to improve the bottom 6 is improve the top 6 and push players down to where they should be playing.

We don't need more bottom 6 players. We need to bottom 6ers out of the top 6.
Very True.

If (Big IF) we get another top 6 scoring wing and run combo of the following in the top 6,
Cutter - Leo - Terry
Kilorn - Z - New Winger

Then your third line become Frankie - Mac - Strome which is a matchup problem for most teams. The 4th line can be a physical type of 4th line that would make Dirk proud.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I don’t think we are a good match for Carolina in a Necas trade, but he definitely fits what we are looking for.

I don't understand this. He is right handed and over 6'2, but he also wants to play center and has been vocal about it, he is an RFA with arb rights 2 years away from UFA and he wants to get paid big.

Contractually we should view him as having 2 years left before UFA.

Do you really want to trade a guy like Zegras for him? Because to me Zegras is a far better player with 2 more years of team control, and also is okay playing the wing.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I don't understand this. He is right handed and over 6'2, but he also wants to play center and has been vocal about it, he is an RFA with arb rights 2 years away from UFA and he wants to get paid big.

Contractually we should view him as having 2 years left before UFA.

Do you really want to trade a guy like Zegras for him? Because to me Zegras is a far better player with 2 more years of team control, and also is okay playing the wing.
lol we won’t have to trade Zegras for necas. Oilers first + lacombe + Tracey/2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad