Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Elliotte Friedman of the AHL, Tony Androckitis, has announced some signings the Eagles apparently made. They haven’t announced them yet, but based on other things he’s done I can’t imagine he’s wrong. Nothing Earth shattering, but the players are;

- F Tye Felhaber
- F Keaton Mastrodonato
- D Bryan Yoon
- G Adam Scheel (looks like already posted here)

Those are the only ones I can find. He also had liquid hot Megna but that was announced by Eagles.

Players on AHL deals that signed towards end of last year;

- F Chad Hillebrand
- D Garrett Pyke
- G Jake Barczewski

Cool, a Korean!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They're going from Loveland/Windsor/Whatever to...Greeley!?
It's all the same area really... just 3-4 miles off I25 on 34 instead of being right off I25. IIRC this development is right where you can split off 34 to 10th St on the very west edge of Greeley.

As a side note, this development may also spawn a team for the new west coast junior A league to compete with the USHL... if that ever comes to pass (been delayed for a few years now).

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's all the same area really... just 3-4 miles off I25 on 34 instead of being right off I25. IIRC this development is right where you can split off 34 to 10th St on the very west edge of Greeley.

As a side note, this development may also spawn a team for the new west coast junior A league to compete with the USHL... if that ever comes to pass (been delayed for a few years now).
Ehhhhh I dunno, it's kind of the difference between Boulder and Longmont to me. Or Golden and Northglenn. But whatever it ain't like I'm in northern Colorado much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ehhhhh I dunno, it's kind of the difference between Boulder and Longmont to me. Or Golden and Northglenn. But whatever it ain't like I'm in northern Colorado much.
It is supposed to be on or near the intersection of 257 and 34. So straight south of Windsor and only a few miles as the crow flies from the current arena. It really isn’t a huge change. Just instead of being right off the interstate you have to take 34 for a few. And Greeley gets a feather in their cap trying to make themselves look like a destination…

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
And Greeley gets a feather in their cap trying to make themselves look like a destination…
1722625322144.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The one that got away!
I have no idea what he looks like now, but the year he was a callup for us wasn't that bad. I didn't mind him as a #7. I actually thought he played forward much better KMac and on par with JMac, so I would have no qualms with him in that role then. His shot while not extremely accurate or anything is hard and fast enough that he was sort of a benefit wherever he was used as we don't really have a lot of guys that do that (outside of Mikko and Nate from their respective circles on the PP).

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have no idea what he looks like now, but the year he was a callup for us wasn't that bad. I didn't mind him as a #7. I actually thought he played forward much better KMac and on par with JMac, so I would have no qualms with him in that role then. His shot while not extremely accurate or anything is hard and fast enough that he was sort of a benefit wherever he was used as we don't really have a lot of guys that do that (outside of Mikko and Nate from their respective circles on the PP).
There were some decent offensive plays but defensively that guy scared the hell outta me, way more than Manson on his worst day (and there were a lot of those). I don't think he's even a viable #7 anymore, he served the Eagles well as their captain, so I wish him well, but no, he should not be on an NHL roster even as an extra.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
There were some decent offensive plays but defensively that guy scared the hell outta me, way more than Manson on his worst day (and there were a lot of those). I don't think he's even a viable #7 anymore, he served the Eagles well as their captain, so I wish him well, but no, he should not be on an NHL roster even as an extra.
I figured as much. Like I said, back then he was competing with KMac which quite frankly is a low bar to set for someone you may rely on to play minutes. And thankfully, he was never above the 3rd pair that I can recall. Loved his hard shot and that Bednar tried him occasionally on the 4th line instead of KMac.

But yeah, he wasn't young then, and with a couple of more seasons flowing under the bridge since... I really didn't have expectations for him to provide that again, rather just pointing out I thought he was more useful at the time than some of the others being used in the same role.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllAboutAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It isn't that abnormal for AHL assistants to still be moving around. In this Budaj got a NHL gig on a team that had a lot of young talent at the position.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How long did the Avs go before hiring Francois Allaire?

I was legit surprised you mentioned they even had one.
I remember they were hella slow jumping onto the goalie coach
emot-bandwagon.gif
. They brought on Jeff Hackett, who IIRC had no prior experience as a goalie coach but he was buddies/former teammates with Theo. Then Theo left and Hack got axed. The timeline for me gets foggier than the whole X-Men movie franchise between then and Parkkila. I know Allaire was their first goalie coach with actual cache, I cannot for the life of me remember if Kirk McLean, who was never anything more than a part-time consultant, was before or after Allaire.

They also had Jean-Ian Filiatraut as the Eagles goalie coach before Budaj essentially replaced him. Now there appears to be no one. I mean...maybe they just shift Frankie into that role, I dunno.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Brad Hunt looked (looks?) like he is skating in wet cement anytime he plays.

Never have I seen such a small player with such heavy feet.
I dunno, Darcy Tucker moved like a snail caught in molasses by the time he joined the Avs. That top line of Tucker - Stastny - Hejduk might have been the slowest top line of all time (unless you count the short-lived Toronto trio of Ponikarovsky - Allison - Antropov). What's crazy is that it actually worked...for like, 5 games or so.

Good deal. I do like the fact that, yet again, this doesn't appear to be an insular hire of a current or former member of the organization.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno, Darcy Tucker moved like a snail caught in molasses by the time he joined the Avs. That top line of Tucker - Stastny - Hejduk might have been the slowest top line of all time (unless you count the short-lived Toronto trio of Ponikarovsky - Allison - Antropov). What's crazy is that it actually worked...for like, 5 games or so.

Good deal. I do like the fact that, yet again, this doesn't appear to be an insular hire of a current or former member of the organization.
Avs work very closely with Tri City… They placed Zhigalov there and tried with Shmakov for their goalies. Ambro, Clurman, and Yoon were all there. The Avs work with them quite a bit. So while outside, in the network for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium