Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone looking good on the Eagles we can recall ?

Others could answer this far better than I (of course that's never stopped me from opining) but I don't think there's anyone there who'd be able to make a direct impact at this point. Foudy is hurt (again) and guys like Malinski are not eligible.

Galchenyuk is probably the best option but...meh. As much work as he's put in, I'm not sure he's an NHL player anymore.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Others could answer this far better than I (of course that's never stopped me from opining) but I don't think there's anyone there who'd be able to make a direct impact at this point. Foudy is hurt (again) and guys like Malinski are not eligible.

Galchenyuk is probably the best option but...meh. As much work as he's put in, I'm not sure he's an NHL player anymore.
Maltsev not doing enough either I gather.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I think you meant "feces", not "invectives"...
Hey, this is a family website.

No, you're right. Be sure to put the feces in a paper bag and set it ablaze before hurling it at the zebras.

Yeah. Also missed a ton of time due to that skate cut on his leg but he's another one of those AAAA-types.
Given our cap situation, and the need to replace a chunk of our lower lines, we may end up praying that guys like Maltsev and and perhaps especially Galchenyuk given his past successes, can play a role next season.

Of course this would require Bednar to be a bit less stubborn as a coach.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Huge missed opportunity to end the series against the Baby Kraken. To say the Eggs got into penalty trouble would be an understatement. Served up two (!!!) separate 5-on-3s, the Firekraks scored on the 2nd.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Didn't see any of it but on paper the Eagles looked the better team. That has to be disappointing...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Any reason why they switched goalers? Johansson replaced Annunen after Game 1 and was...

- 21 for 23 in Game 2 (W)
- 17 for 21 in Game 4 (L)
- 18 for 23 in Game 5 (L)

That is beyond awful.
Because Annunen is worse... I know this is hard to believe with how bad JoJo is, but it is true.

You're missing game 3 for JoJo where he shutout CV on 29 shots.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Because Annunen is worse... I know this is hard to believe with how bad JoJo is, but it is true.

You're missing game 3 for JoJo where he shutout CV on 29 shots.
And Annunen had a solid game in the first series, so we can all pick stats to factor in our opinion. And for "all the Annunen is worse" comments in this thread, all his stats showed an upper trajectory this season compared to last. This isn't supposed to be me defending him because I agree with many of the issues, but if Andersen can develop out of them, I think there is also a chance for Justus. The Eagles outshot the Firebirds in every single game and didn't get the goaltending. Annunen might have been worse overall, but not 19 for 21-level bad for three straight games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
And Annunen had a solid game in the first series, so we can all pick stats to factor in our opinion. And for "all the Annunen is worse" comments in this thread, all his stats showed an upper trajectory this season compared to last. This isn't supposed to be me defending him because I agree with many of the issues, but if Andersen can develop out of them, I think there is also a chance for Justus. The Eagles outshot the Firebirds in every single game and didn't get the goaltending. Annunen might have been worse overall, but not 19 for 21-level bad for three straight games.
He cratered his two other games after his first start including 6 given up to CV...

The 'improvement' this year was mostly related to the defense Colorado plays. You could plug and chug nearly any goalie in how they played and get .910+ in the regular season. Annunen just isn't a better goalie than JoJo at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad