Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
JoJo is going back to Sweden. Just signed a two-year deal with Färjestad BK.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
JoJo is going back to Sweden. Just signed a two-year deal with Färjestad BK.

Man, could this day get ANY worse?!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still need a good AHL goalie or two for the Eagles.

And just where do we find NHL level goalies? I've read lately our GM is terrible! :rolleyes:

Should not be that hard to get a good AHL goalie, slightly harder to find a legit 3rd goalie.

All the Avs have to do is not expect a career ECHL guy who happened to have a surprisingly good run in the AHL to actually play in the NHL, even for just a handful of games. To this day that's still the most WTAF move Sakic made in his tenure.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Anyone been watching the Eagles playoff games? @tigervixxxen ?

How's Malinski looked defensively?
There’s really no defensive competence in the AHL, the defensemen especially are just putting out fires from turnovers on every shift. won’t know until the structure and speed of the NHL come into play.

BTW, Merkley was healthy scratched

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm really curious who they go for for this gig. Both assistants have been ECHL head guys and have decent record, so a promotion from within makes some sense... especially given the upward trajectory. MacDonald also has deep Blues ties so Daniel Tkaczuk or Steve Ott makes a lot of sense... or even Stu Bickel (I'd be thrilled with Bickell). Or do they go outside and dip into the college guys like Barr or Carvel?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It’s not like we ever stray too far with most hires, so that’s a good possibility.
That isn't standard practice for the Avs actually. It would be quite unusual. Joe Sacco was the last AHL assistant to AHL head coach in the Avs organization. Sacco was an assistant to Tom Rowe in Albany and then took over the head job in Cleveland in 2007. Most Avs AHL head guys are from outside the organization.

Previous coaches and their priors:
Cronin - Isles Assistant
Veilleux - Norfolk ECHL head coach (Can't recall who was their affiliate, but it wasn't the Avs)
Chynoweth - Isles Assistant
Quinn - BU assistant

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
That isn't standard practice for the Avs actually. It would be quite unusual. Joe Sacco was the last AHL assistant to AHL head coach in the Avs organization. Sacco was an assistant to Tom Rowe in Albany and then took over the head job in Cleveland in 2007. Most Avs AHL head guys are from outside the organization.

Previous coaches and their priors:
Cronin - Isles Assistant
Veilleux - Norfolk ECHL head coach (Can't recall who was their affiliate, but it wasn't the Avs)
Chynoweth - Isles Assistant
Quinn - BU assistant
Ha, I guess it’s the only place we don’t do that? I think because of the system and the value it has for when when/if players graduate to the Avs that it makes sense to keep a person familiar in charge. If they knew Cro had some pro nibbles I am sure they’ve probably been thinking about this already.

I will laugh if they hire Tanguay.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ha, I guess it’s the only place we don’t do that? I think because of the system and the value it has for when when/if players graduate to the Avs that it makes sense to keep a person familiar in charge. If they knew Cro had some pro nibbles I am sure they’ve probably been thinking about this already.

I will laugh if they hire Tanguay.
Tangs would be an awesome hire

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Do AHL coaches need to be system/structure guys or more focused on development guys? Or do those go hand in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad