B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He should be in the NHL. He earned a job in training camp and he could help this team.

Instead we kept MacEwen and Kelly, either because they're league minimum contracts and we couldn't afford more, or because the staff actually thought MacEwen and Kelly won those jobs.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Another borderline 4th line player who had a decent preseason, good luck to him.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

I guess we finally found the true identity of our team.

1699307252232.jpeg

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
What happened to Boucher? Is he even skating? Does he need surgery? How does it take 2 months for a 'tweaked groin, he'll be ready for main camp'.

Are they keeping him out of the lineup while he still has some value and Philly still has interest?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What happened to Boucher? Is he even skating? Does he need surgery? How does it take 2 months for a 'tweaked groin, he'll be ready for main camp'.

Are they keeping him out of the lineup while he still has some value and Philly still has interest?
He was just much more injured than the team put out.

Not sure why, but we should have known it wasn't a day-day type injury.

Being as brittle as Boucher is, while playing the game he plays, is going to be a tough hill to overcome.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Bummer. I thought he looked good in preseason play.
We all did.

He is a legit pro, who plays the way we need to.

Plays on the right side of the puck.
Big body that can protect the puck.
Enough pace to be NHL level.
Good enough shot to score at NHL level.

I'm not saying he is the key to victory but we should want more players like this, not less.

I hope we can swap him in before he decides to leave.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I could see the team bringing an extra forward, defenceman and goalie on the trip to Europe (unless LTIR doesn't allow extra roster players?). So maybe the plan is to call Smejkal up before the trip.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
I could see the team bringing an extra forward, defenceman and goalie on the trip to Europe (unless LTIR doesn't allow extra roster players?). So maybe the plan is to call Smejkal up before the trip.
Just posted in another thread, half-jokingly, that maybe they're scared to call him before the Europe trip in case he decides to stay.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tyler Boucher's entry level deal has slid twice, so it only starts this season. Other than whatever signing bonus he got, Sens are only paying him 80k a year on his minor league salary, so I guess it costs us nothing to see if he can become a player. (I am deeply skeptical.) Look for him to get sent to the ECHL later this year, or even back to junior for his overage year, just to get some ice time, because I just can't see him getting on the ice in Belleville this year. I said a while ago that I didn't think he would ever play an NHL regular season game, and I stand by that more than ever.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Tyler Boucher's entry level deal has slid twice, so it only starts this season. Other than whatever signing bonus he got, Sens are only paying him 80k a year on his minor league salary, so I guess it costs us nothing to see if he can become a player. (I am deeply skeptical.) Look for him to get sent to the ECHL later this year, or even back to junior for his overage year, just to get some ice time, because I just can't see him getting on the ice in Belleville this year. I said a while ago that I didn't think he would ever play an NHL regular season game, and I stand by that more than ever.

I was curious so I looked it up. You have to go back to the 1972 draft to find a 10th overall pick who never played a single game in the NHL. That was the Rangers pick of Al Blanchard.

Personally, I think it's 99.99% likely that Boucher will play in the NHL. 10th overall picks are simply given too many chances for him not to. 50ish games is pretty much his floor. The only question is if he'll be able to stick around.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Look at him - sitting for two months with a groin pull? Are you kidding me? It's comical. You're right in that he will keep getting chance after chance, but I see little evidence that he can take advantage of them...

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

First-year Senator Tarun Fizer suffered a slight knock over the weekend and will not be available for Belleville tonight and joins fellow forward Tyler Boucher in the injured list. With that in mind, forward Matthew Boucher was signed to a PTO this week, after putting up 12 points (seven goals, five assists) over eight ECHL games this season with the Trois-Rivieres Lions. Boucher also played one preseason game for Belleville this season, registering a goal and an assist, and suited up in 50 games for the Belleville Sens on a PTO in 2022-23, putting up 16 points (six goals, 10 assists). Mads Sogaard only played one-of-two games for Belleville last weekend, so he’ll likely get the start in net tonight. Full lineup details will be available prior to puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Forward Matthew Highmore extended his team-leading point streak to five games (two goals, four assists), with an assist in Wilkes-Barre last Saturday night. Angus Crookshank also stretched his point streak to three games (one goal, three assists), with a goal and a helper against the Penguins. Defenceman Jacob Larsson has made himself a player to watch as well, scoring his second overtime winning goal of the season against the Pens.

There are a couple of Crunch players who have been red hot since the season started, with Felix Robert registering 11 points (six goal, five assists), over an eight-game point streak. The 24-year-old from Lambton, Quebec has notched a point in all but one of Syracuse’s games this season. Gage Goncalves has points in four straight games (one goal, five assists), while Gabe Fortier (two goals, one assist), and Daniel Walcott (three goals), are each riding three-game point streaks coming into tonight.

At the rink:

Tonight’s is the second Winning Wednesday of the season, with fans encouraged to arrive early and take advantage of savings on food and drink including, $5 beer specials on domestic tall cans, $2 hot dogs and a two-for-$10 special on pizza slices. Those specials will run from when gates open at 6:00 p.m., to puck drop. Throughout the game, fans will have a chance to win some great prizes including, a three-month training membership to F45 Fitness in Belleville, gift cards and prizes from Belleville Sens partners, and tonight only, a pair of tickets to see the Jonas Brothers live at the Canadian Tire Centre.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

1699487471603.png

Smejkal still with Belleville.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad