Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The player I'm most interested in right now is Mukhamadullin. I think he has the tools to really help the Sharks and he'd be an upgrade over Thrun and Benning at the very least but the question is if the Sharks wanna expose him to that or if they'd rather have him dominate the AHL for one more season, especially after coming back from injury.
I want Mukhamadullin to play in the NHL as soon as possible. Very few defensemen can hit the ground running in the NHL; I expect that in his first season, he'll be adjusting and will be barely NHL-quality. He'll then slowly improve. Eventually...not this year, not next year, not even the year after next year, but eventually, he could be a top-4 defenseman.

Reactions: Hinterland

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Graf and Cagnoni are having monster starts.

In recent memory, Couture, Pavelski, Tierney, Demers, Braun, and Labanc forced themselves into some very good teams by dominating the AHL. You'd think Graf and Cagnoni should be able to do it on some extremely not-good teams.

To be fair, those players might have leap-frogged others because of their low cap hit. Plus, when you're contending development is an afterthought. That's not the case with this team...

Edit: Although, Gushchin had a great season and played what, 4 games?

Reactions: ChompChomp

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yep. Cardwell or Graf are the only forwards really worthy of a call-up at this point.
I'd throw Bystedt into that group as well. The nights that they want to give Smith a development day should be a night that we see Bystedt get some action. Dellandrea as a 3C is a horrendous option to just be okay with, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad