Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Sorry, I'm not arguing that he isn't relatively slight compared to seasoned NHLers (he is), you just said he was slight based on the ratio of height/weight. I'm only noting that it shouldn't be a concern in the slightest since he's a 22-yo rookie who hasn't had a full year of NHL strength and conditioning.

Check this article about a young Pronger, who was taller and weighed less than Muk at the draft. For reference, in 1996, at age 21/22, he was 6'6 200 (according to his official weight). Pronger is choice for defense

Last edited:
Reactions: landshark

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Sorry, I'm not arguing that he isn't relatively slight compared to seasoned NHLers (he is), you just said he was slight based on the ratio of height/weight. I'm only noting that it shouldn't be a concern in the slightest since he's a 22-yo rookie who hasn't had a full year of NHL strength and conditioning.

Check this article about a young Pronger, who was taller and weighed less than Muk at the draft. For reference, in 1996, at age 21/22, he was 6'6 200 (according to his official weight). Pronger is choice for defense
But how tall are his elbows?! :sarcasm:

"The fact of the matter is his elbows are higher than most
people's elbows. It's not like he raised his elbow to deliver a
blow to the head."

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I think you know in your heart of hearts that the third line is going to feature the dream duo of Luke Kunin and Barclay Goodrow.

This is 100% true. And the fourth line will be a rotating cast of career 12-pointers. But hey! Top two lines will be fun. Smith is probably going to struggle for a while but I’m looking forward to the development.

The truth in these two posts just make me sad…

Reactions: Star Platinum

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The truth in these two posts just make me sad…

Doesn't make me sad.

It tells me that these two know their stuff. If either of them decide to go past the beat writer type blogging and become real sports personalities, I would 100% support them. Jux could be the next Wojznarovski but for hockey. Her tweets would be JuxBombs!

(I considered KoyoteBombs but that sounds a little too feral like something you step in at Henry Coe)

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I think you know in your heart of hearts that the third line is going to feature the dream duo of Luke Kunin and Barclay Goodrow.

uhh-no-butt-head.gif

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Agreed. Dupont is literally exactly the player we need. I really wish he were eligible sooner than three years away. If we're still this bad in three years, I think most of the fans around here now won't still be. ;)
If we are still bad/terrible in 3 years picking in the top 5. It means we busted on a lot of our forwards.

My projection would be mid to late teens at that point in time.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If we are still bad/terrible in 3 years picking in the top 5. It means we busted on a lot of our forwards.

My projection would be mid to late teens at that point in time.
I disagree with this. If we're still bad/terrible in 3 years picking in the top 5, it means we've never successfully addressed the blue line. This team's weakest point since Grier took over is the blue line and typically the guys that take the longest to develop are blue liners. Dickinson may only be finishing his first pro year in three years. We may or may not know what we're getting out of guys like Muk or Cagnoni by then. It's hard to say. Our blue line doesn't have much committed to it and doesn't have a whole lot invested into it from a prospects perspective for such a group that is lacking talent. That group is pivotal for being able to claw one's way out of the bottom.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I disagree with this. If we're still bad/terrible in 3 years picking in the top 5, it means we've never successfully addressed the blue line. This team's weakest point since Grier took over is the blue line and typically the guys that take the longest to develop are blue liners. Dickinson may only be finishing his first pro year in three years. We may or may not know what we're getting out of guys like Muk or Cagnoni by then. It's hard to say. Our blue line doesn't have much committed to it and doesn't have a whole lot invested into it from a prospects perspective for such a group that is lacking talent. That group is pivotal for being able to claw one's way out of the bottom.
You believe with our current projections of forwards, if they pan out. in 3 years if they are meeting projections. legit top 6/allstar/ franchise center etc. That we would still be bad enough to pick top 5. Without a top 5 pick in 3 years, i would say top 5 finish this season for sure. Potentially breaking out of the top ten year 2. By after year 3 it would seem we are taking steps back if we continue to pick top 5, as i would have us likely still improving. My point is i think they have an outside shot to compete, be in playoff race late year 3.

I would also think by next summer, and the one after the will be agressive in free agency/trades. I can see them putting a decently competitive roster before all the elcs are up for a year at least. You can add a couple quality D by free agency trade in an offseason.

Boyle Trade/ Blake sign. There will be opportunities, gotta hope this core comes together.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You believe with our current projections of forwards, if they pan out. in 3 years if they are meeting projections. legit top 6/allstar/ franchise center etc. That we would still be bad enough to pick top 5. Without a top 5 pick in 3 years, i would say top 5 finish this season for sure. Potentially breaking out of the top ten year 2. By after year 3 it would seem we are taking steps back if we continue to pick top 5, as i would have us likely still improving. My point is i think they have an outside shot to compete, be in playoff race late year 3.

I would also think by next summer, and the one after the will be agressive in free agency/trades. I can see them putting a decently competitive roster before all the elcs are up for a year at least. You can add a couple quality D by free agency trade in an offseason.

Boyle Trade/ Blake sign. There will be opportunities, gotta hope this core comes together.
It's very possible. If our blue line continues to be a hodgepodge of bottom pairing defensemen or worse as a group, it can very much drag down the play and productivity of the forwards who may still meet certain projections like that. I agree there will be opportunities to improve the blue line externally but I wouldn't get my hopes up over it. The supply is almost always thin and the Sharks are rarely the ones that benefit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad